Moparts

Small Block Aluminum heads

Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/24/22 04:40 AM

Is anyone having a Black Friday sale on heads? I am building a stroker and need some heads.
Posted By: feets

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/25/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by 1DGEMAN
Is anyone having a Black Friday sale on heads? I am building a stroker and need some heads.

The way things have been going you'll be lucky if anyone has heads in stock. I doubt seriously you'll see such high demand items on sale.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/25/22 07:54 AM

You might want to look at a set of the Speed Master (AKA Pro Form) CNC SB Mopar heads that they make in China and sell here, their major warehouse and show room is near you, between Colton and Ontario, if you're in CA still scope
Posted By: dvw

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/25/22 03:00 PM

Speed masters unported but with valves assembled are less than $1000 pr at Summit.
Doug
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/25/22 06:50 PM

The unported SM heads are 699 right now on the SM site for black friday . https://www.speedmaster79.com/shop?order=onlinecustomerprice:desc&show=48&enginemake=Chrysler&family=Mopar-Small-Block
Posted By: dvw

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/25/22 10:13 PM

Just in time i had ordered a pair from Summit for $985. They price matched them to $699. Thanks
Doug
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/25/22 11:47 PM

I bought two more sets yesterday that I will be porting and selling. One set with valves and springs and one set bare that will be getting 2.055 valves.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/26/22 03:50 PM

Some good deals I was gonna buy a $54 head stud kit till they wanted $35 in shipping at checkout.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/26/22 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Some good deals I was gonna buy a $54 head stud kit till they wanted $35 in shipping at checkout.

Free shipping at 150.00
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/26/22 05:10 PM

Thanks! I went back and looked I can use a few more things.
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/26/22 05:11 PM

1,092 for the cnc, hydro roller set. I’m sure the cnc job isn’t top of the line but, seems like they will be way better than my unported x heads on my current daily driver. I’m anti China. By the time I had my x heads all made good and re done it’s a no brainer for me. Should pick up at the track a fair amount too. I will trash can everything but maybe the valves...
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Small Block Aluminum heads - 11/26/22 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by greendart408
1,092 for the cnc, hydro roller set. I’m sure the cnc job isn’t top of the line but, seems like they will be way better than my unported x heads on my current daily driver. I’m anti China. By the time I had my x heads all made good and re done it’s a no brainer for me. Should pick up at the track a fair amount too. I will trash can everything but maybe the valves...

I have a set of iron SB heads that the machining bill was in the 750 range IIRC with ferrea valves included.

Buy the SM heads, fix the VJ and do some pocket work and they should be OK for around 1K. Not a fan of the chinesium stuff either. If you have the $ to drop on TF, bloomer, etc. go for it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums