Moparts

Daddy Daves new NPK ride

Posted By: justinp61

Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 06:18 PM

This may have already been posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYjhT92GFN4
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 06:38 PM

Wow....That paint job cost more than my last car....I am not a fan of late model cars as drag cars, but it looks really nice. At least until he scrubs a wall or two...
Posted By: topside

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 07:16 PM

I'd never have guessed an Audi - guess they're trying to attract the import guys ?
Seems a really off-the-wall body choice.
Putting Goliath on the street is almost as surprising, though I'm sure it'll get a different powertrain.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 08:19 PM

Aerodynamics are starting to play into it for some of these guys. He is up against other late model cars with better aero. This was a way to be different and it looks pretty good!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 08:24 PM

Better aero than a 63 Vette? I get it, some of the old cars are bricks, and If I was at their level, it would be a late model Vette with a Hemi....I just like the vintage stuff more. As with everythng, it all keeps changing.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 08:30 PM

Don't care about Volkswagons...

But it's not a belly button and it's a good looking race car. Different is good.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 08:56 PM

There are several modern bodied cars running NPK. They aren't my favorite, but they look pretty good. As mentioned, they are more aero, and the younger crowd can identify with them.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/04/22 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Better aero than a 63 Vette? I get it, some of the old cars are bricks, and If I was at their level, it would be a late model Vette with a Hemi....I just like the vintage stuff more. As with everythng, it all keeps changing.

I would imagine much better than a 63 Vette.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by justinp61

Wow

Bored now
Posted By: Thelma133

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 01:14 AM

Agree, no late model
Posted By: LA360

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 01:22 AM

Where are you going to get one? They have to run a factory roof and rear quarters for NPK

I really like it, I'm glad it's not another Camaro!
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

I would imagine much better than a 63 Vette.

x2. I'm guessing the frontal area is smaller and the CD has to be better.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 06:21 AM

The 1963 to 1967 Corvette coupe are pretty slick above 125 MPH work
There used to be several of them ran in modified production with 426 N/A Hemi in them that were pretty fast. No idea why they stop racing them after NHRA did away with modified production, probably didn't want to race in Comp Eliminator or Super Stock workshruggy
Posted By: racerx

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 10:44 AM

I like different smoke....Hope he can keep it off the wall.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/05/22 11:08 AM

The car was built by Tynan Racecars down here in NZ. TBH I was shocked he had them build his car, they're not known for building Nth degree cars at the top end of the sport. Should be interesting to see where this thing goes.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/06/22 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by rebel
The car was built by Tynan Racecars down here in NZ. TBH I was shocked he had them build his car, they're not known for building Nth degree cars at the top end of the sport. Should be interesting to see where this thing goes.

That is odd, my guess is it was an unfinished project. Also regarding 63 vette, this would have a far more aero windshield and, everything else besides just the frontal area. Looks can be deceiving too, all new cars are aero even if they dont "look" like it. The 300C is more aero than the door wedge 300M it replaced as an example.
Posted By: Challenger

Re: Daddy Daves new NPK ride - 11/07/22 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by rebel

You was shocked he had Tynan in NZ build this car is because they didnt, The car was built was built by Tynan Race Cars in Oak Grove, Missouri, not NZ.
© 2024 Moparts Forums