Moparts

What AN hose ?

Posted By: n20mstr

What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 02:07 AM

So many choices out there . I have used almost all of them …except the really “good” ones . Now I’m looking at Earls ultrapro . Seems really nice PTFE and very
Flexible and looks long lasting , easy to assemble .

BUT , it doesn’t come in -8 ? I need -8 for fuel rail feed and return . Or am I missing something??
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 02:16 AM

I like and use Fragola brand hoses and fittings now: scope: twocents up
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 02:54 AM

I like Goodridge 910, ptfe
Posted By: BloFish

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I like and use Fragola brand hoses and fittings now: scope: twocents up

iagree
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 09:57 AM

1-Aeroquip
2-Earls
3-Fragola

In that order
Posted By: justinp61

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 11:32 AM

I use the Earls Pro Lite 350.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by justinp61

Being that its not PTFE , how long does it last?? Im only asking because i want to use it to plumb the fuel rails and dont want any problems with injectors. Also the 65 psi fuel pressure is OK??
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 01:10 PM

I like the Fragola stuff, supposedly all USA made fittings and all.

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr

Being that its not PTFE , how long does it last?? Im only asking because i want to use it to plumb the fuel rails and dont want any problems with injectors. Also the 65 psi fuel pressure is OK??

I ran that hose on an EFI car in the past and wouldn't again.

Entire garage smelled like fuel. Allows fumes to pass through.

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by INTMD8

I ran that hose on an EFI car in the past and wouldn't again.

Entire garage smelled like fuel. Allows fumes to pass through.
shock
I would change that out now to prevent an explosion from the fumes igniting when it gets warmer work twocents
You know how Murphy loves messing with us shruggy

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 04:20 PM

^ I would if I still had that one. Long gone smile
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 04:40 PM

Another vote for Fragola, made in USA!
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 04:45 PM

All fragola on my car. I do have thousands of fittings in bins full of Earls, Aeroquip, Red Horse, Vibrant and XRP.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 05:36 PM

I don't run fuel injection so I can't comment on high pressure. I've had it on my Dart for about 11 years and have never had any issues, my shop doesn't smell like gas either.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 06:03 PM

I've used Aeroquip for years. Used Fragola on the last car after looking at their catalog and hearing all the love for their stuff. Now I like them too.

Their PTFE is a Series 6000. Available up to -12. Price is in line with others or even a little cheaper. Made in Connecticut by a family owned business.
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 09:04 PM

I agree with Cab. I had cheap Chinese fittings and line on my car when I was converting it to EFI. When I was checking the system one fitting failed and several other leaks. Within a second there was 2 to 3 L of fuel all over my engine compartment. I’m glad the car was not running or it would’ve burnt to the ground. I will never use Chinese fittings again. Fragola fittings and hoses are made in the USA!
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/04/22 09:07 PM

I prefer crimped hose fittings. My last two cars were done with all Brown & Miller Racing Solutions (BMRS) https://bmrs.net/
As for reusable fittings and hose I use Fragola.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/05/22 01:51 AM

Of the AN PTFE lines I've bought recently, definitely been happiest with the Fragola hose and fittings.

I'll have to give the Goodridge stuff a try though, looks like Pegasus carries them.
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/06/22 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Plumb Wired
I prefer crimped hose fittings. My last two cars were done with all Brown & Miller Racing Solutions (BMRS) https://bmrs.net/

Brown & Miller crimped for me too, expensive but I think the quality justifies the extra expense.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 12:51 AM

Fragola...everything made in house up in Connecticut. Good ol USA.
But aeroquip are really good too. But don't try and mix and match hoses to AN fittings.
Earls fittings don't work on anything but earls hose. Maybe I'm wrong but I couldn't get an earl fitting in a Fragola hose for some reason.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by mopar_mark

Brown & Miller crimped for me too, expensive but I think the quality justifies the extra expense.

How much does it cost to get setup to do the crimped hose fittings?
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda

IF you do a certain volume BMRS will set you up with a crimper and dies or you can buy one if you can justify it. BMRS's North Carolina location is only one day shipping away from me so I plan out the total lengths of hose sizes and fittings needed, order, when received I cut the hoses to length & install the ends, mark the fitting orientation and send them back to BMRS to be crimped, they send them back to me crimped and ready for installation.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda

Fragola does a portable unit with hand pump for ~$3400. Others do the same machine with an electric pump. Don't know what they run. Then you need the tooling. And the hose. And the fittings.

A normal person would need to be making hoses for people to justify that investment.

Drive out to PRI next month with your checkbook. That would be the place to get hooked up.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 07:00 PM

I have an assortment of Fragola, Aeroquip, Earls, Jegs, summit, and even some cheap ebay fittings. Usually use Jegs housebrand braided stainless hose. Been putting them together w/ basic wrenches and a bench vise for years. Some of these fittings I'm still using are 20 years old. Even the cheap ones are all at least 5 years old.
I've had one length of hose fail...started leaking through the braid and halfway down the length of hose. That was after many years of service w/ pump gas.

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 07:03 PM

Teflon, PTFE, lined hose should never leak with any fuel, were your hoses that type or neoprene lined? shruggy

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Teflon, PTFE, lined hose should never leak with any fuel, were your hoses that type or neoprene lined? shruggy

Just normal braided hose, not PTFE lined.

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/07/22 07:15 PM

I had the same thing happen years ago, I switch to the PTFE lined and no leaks since up

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/08/22 04:44 PM

Pump gas has its way of eventually leaking out any non teflon lined line these days. My Camaro has had braided lines on it for 24 years, only issue it has ever had was the return line from the regulator back to the tank while running pump gas. The car sits most all of the time. I just eliminated the entire return system on the car and no issues with leaking anything else.

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/08/22 08:20 PM

Al, oddly enough it was also the return line on my car that started leaking. I think that was probably 8 years ago. Replaced that section of hose and all has been good since.

Re: What AN hose ? - 11/09/22 05:57 PM

Chip I think it was just the fumes off of pump swill that caused mine to go away. The supply side line is still the same one that was installed 24 years ago.
© 2024 Moparts Forums