Moparts

Main caps for X block?

Posted By: AndyF

Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 12:44 AM

The X block that we have in the shop has a busted front main cap. Replacements don't seem to be available from the usual places for the front cap. Anyone know if main caps are available for the X block?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
The X block that we have in the shop has a busted front main cap. Replacements don't seem to be available from the usual places for the front cap. Anyone know if main caps are available for the X block?

I think member Rocket is always selling main caps on here and Abodiesonly
Posted By: Diplomat360

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 01:00 AM

I don't know if these could be used, but I do have a set of the MP 4-bolt main caps here.

Was thinking of using them on my stroker W2 build, but it being a factory block there just wasn't enough meat in the webbing to dig into, so I just kept these in the box for when the time is "right" and I finally have a stout block available to build with.

If these might work, PM me and I can send you more info....not sure if this is an emergency type thing or not, either way, if nothing else pans out there is that option!
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 01:12 AM

Is the block 2 bolt or 4 bolt? They came either way, if you are looking for all the caps
Posted By: B1duster

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 01:28 AM

I just found these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2952094269...RwZHr-gIVTsvICh1z1ALEEAQYASABEgLpCPD_BwE
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

I think member Rocket is always selling main caps on here and Abodiesonly

Yeah I've seen his posts over the years but not recently. I'll PM him to see if he has anything left.

We did find that Pro Gram makes a HD front main cap for the 340 block but they are out of stock for who knows how long.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 03:03 AM

2 bolt? I would think a 318 or 340 cap could be made to work just touching up the line bore.. I don't think the caps were anything special. Just the block casting beefed up.
Posted By: B1duster

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 03:29 AM

P4007249
I believe this is the part number for a single cap, 1,2, or 4

https://www.canadamoparparts.ca/oem-parts/mopar-m-brg-cap-p4007249
Less than $5 if this is for real
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/19/22 02:12 PM

Call Kent Ritter. He has billet caps and may have some OE caps laying around.

If it’s in the budget you should just buy a full set of his billet caps and be done with it.
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/20/22 01:09 PM

I've got a set of ductile iron caps off an R3, 360 main I think, if you want them.
Posted By: toddinNH

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/20/22 11:39 PM

If you do Facebook you might find something in the w7- 8- 9 headed motors Facebook group as they have some R/x blocks and parts on occasion. [NOT ADVOCATING FOR THIS OPTION]
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Main caps for X block? - 10/21/22 04:44 AM

I thought the 2 bolt X Blocks used the same as a regular 340.
My X block has been together for a long time.
So watching here to see.
Rocket has some listed at Abodies or did a few weeks ago 4 bolt ones.
© 2024 Moparts Forums