Moparts

Florida....Ouch!

Posted By: Dragula

Florida....Ouch! - 10/05/22 11:20 AM

Sad to see all the destruction....But this caught my eye.

Attached picture th.jpg
Attached picture AA12Bkbp.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/05/22 11:36 AM

I visited Ft Myers this spring. Going down the road we were surprised when we saw both of these cars up on a hoists in the same garage right along the ocean. Two more cars underneath them. Apparently the storm surge got high enough to float them both off their hoists. The lower 2 cars had been moved.
Doug
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/05/22 12:37 PM

How do you make a grown man cry ?
This would do it.
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/05/22 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
I visited Ft Myers this spring. Going down the road we were surprised when we saw both of these cars up on a hoists in the same garage right along the ocean. Two more cars underneath them. Apparently the storm surge got high enough to float them both off their hoists. The lower 2 cars had been moved.
Doug

Hey Doug, how did you see these cars on the hoist with the windows in the way?

Where you on the beach side or?
Posted By: tman

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/05/22 04:43 PM

The owner perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbf2LfBlqis
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/05/22 10:16 PM

What a shame. If I knew a monster hurricane was coming, I’d make sure those 2 cars were out of there no matter what it takes.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/06/22 12:11 AM

Were those cars on Estero Island, Ffort Myers Beach!
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/06/22 12:54 AM

People seem to forget, the storm even a short time before it hit was projected to hit Tampa, not Ft Myers/ Naples area.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/06/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Transman
Originally Posted by dvw
Doug

It was the road side in March. Maybe I remembered incorrect. But I'm not sure the house pictured is where they were at. Pretty sure a family member stated they were on a hoist when this happened. My wife remembers seeing them as well.
Doug
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/06/22 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by dvw
Originally Posted by Transman
Originally Posted by dvw
Doug

It was the road side in March. Maybe I remembered incorrect. But I'm not sure the house pictured is where they were at. Pretty sure a family member stated they were on a hoist when this happened. My wife remembers seeing them as well.
Doug

Makes me want to puke seeing them upside down and damaged.
Posted By: tman

Re: Florida....Ouch! - 10/06/22 08:16 AM

There is a photo in this article with cars on a hoist

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...eled-victim-of-hurricane-ian-200090.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums