Moparts

Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck

Posted By: theraif

Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 09/30/22 06:05 PM

Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 09/30/22 10:19 PM

Well that's depressing to watch. Hope they catch the dirtbags.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 09/30/22 10:31 PM

Guy on another board I'm on got his F-350 stolen from his house outside of Atlanta. It was found in Florida with a fake vinyl tag on it. They were using it to pull a stolen trailer to steal golf carts.

F-350 is the easiest truck in the world to steal. Hope he gets it back.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 10/01/22 01:52 AM

The poster child of “soft target”. A friend of ours who opted to stay at a motel instead of the track at Sacramento last weekend nearly lost his. Must have gotten spooked but they’d already broken the lock cylinder.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 10/01/22 02:07 AM

Sorry for the guys trouble. We live in a messed up world, sorry to say folks might do better to be a bit more pro active vs wait to be a victim. Barb wire, dogs, gps units, no start devices, motion sensor flood lights. Lastly, lets not put our whole life on the internet.

A rabbit gets in my fenced area and it looks like a WW2 POW camp when it lights everything up. With some states catch and release policies where a car thief is back out in a few hours and does it over and over.... folks need to tighten up.

Its up to us, its just a report to the cops. We all know the F series Fords are the number 1 truck stolen.

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 20-03-42 NICB Report Finds Vehicle Thefts Continue to Skyrocket in Many Areas of U.S. National Insurance Crime Bureau.png
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 10/01/22 03:08 AM

That’s the huge problem with owning a GOOD older pickup. It’s worth next to nothing except to the owner. I’d always disable my 01 CTD. We’d hook on and tow 1/2 way across the country with that pickup…. and I knew if I lost it I’d get peanuts and a huge payment in return. Remove the starter relay, unplug the injection pump, put the t-case in N was a standard procedure when traveling.
Haven’t looked into any procedures on our newer pickup although I probably should.
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Tom Bailey $5000 Reward If You Find My Truck - 10/02/22 01:02 AM

I wish them luck, but my gut tells me that truck has been stripped, chopped up, and scrapped.
© 2024 Moparts Forums