Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYE…..POSSIBLY?!? - 09/06/22 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by 69hemibeep
Just like the people building homes near stockyards. Yuck that stinks move it

Exactly!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYE…..POSSIBLY?!? - 09/06/22 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by 69hemibeep
Just like the people building homes near stockyards. Yuck that stinks move it

I've seen the same thing on small airports, people buy houses near them because they are lower in price than the same size house and yards furter away from the airports and then complain about the airplane making noise taking off and landing down rant shruggy
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYE…..POSSIBLY?!? - 09/06/22 09:29 PM

Claiming a slow reduction in public attendance, maybe if they opened it more than twice a year, have a few street car events, mufflers required, registered etc, there would be tons of people there, look at Irwindale on a Matchrace Madness race.

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 12:22 AM

No gasoline in twenty years and no new internal combustion powered cars made after 2035, what will we race? whiney rant
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
No gasoline in twenty years and no new internal combustion powered cars made after 2035, what will we race? whiney rant

Soap box derby cars.
Posted By: topside

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 01:57 AM

I'm surprised the Pomona track has lasted this long.
I lived in SoCal when tracks were being lost one after another, supposedly because of the value of the land, and in a couple cases, arguably due to "noise".
If the LACF is already thinking residential, that track as we know it is doomed, and the equestrian part will likely follow as well.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 02:38 AM

I thought they announced a while back Pomona was done?

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 02:46 AM

I remember watching racing at the Colton Airport and then watching and racing at Mickey Thompson Fontana drag city in 1964, San Gabreil drag strip, San Fernado Valley track, Lions, Irwindale, L.A.C.R. (AKA Palmdale)) Orange County, Carlsbad, Bakersfield, Indio racing on block off streets and then later in the year out at the Thermal Airport later, Riverside, Big Willeys on the island in San Pedro Harbor and several others tracks I'm probably forgetting about now blush
My message is there was a lot of drag strips as well as roundy rounder race tracks in SO CA back in the day boogie
Not now whiney
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 03:29 AM

Irwindale and Barona, both 1/8th mile tracks, are the soul survivors.

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYe My thoughts - 09/07/22 03:32 AM

I've raced at both of them and forgot about them blush realcrazy shruggy
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYE…..POSSIBLY?!? - 09/07/22 04:32 PM

I've seen the same thing on small airports, people buy houses near them because they are lower in price than the same size house and yards furter away from the airports and then complain about the airplane making noise taking off and landing down rant shruggy

And, ironically, there's a busy general aviation airport adjacent to Pomona...will it be next?

Re: POMOMA GOING BYE-BYE…..POSSIBLY?!? - 09/07/22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel

And, ironically, there's a busy general aviation airport adjacent to Pomona...will it be next?
Who knows, I don't: work:
There are a bunch (15 to 20 or more maybe) of small airports all around the L.A. basin, AKA Inland Empire. Upland to the northeast about 15 miles, Whittier to the west about the same distance Cabol(SP?) Corona and Chino to the southwest and the big commercial Ontario International due east about 20 miles.
Same thing in San Fernado Valley north of L.A., more than 3 small airports.
I do not know how many small airports that are gone now though: whiney:
© 2024 Moparts Forums