Moparts

Interior heat, what do you use?

Posted By: Dragula

Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/04/22 01:01 PM

Well, I went to a car show the other day, and realized without carpeting, there is a lot of interior heat in the car. Its a Prostreet car where I want to keep the weight down, what products do you guys really like?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/04/22 02:29 PM

My car has dynamat, they also have a super light mat too.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/04/22 04:13 PM

Try using Microspheres...mix them into some paint and apply to the floors/firewall. will provide a layer of thermal and vibration dampening.

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/04/22 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by rickraw
My car has dynamat, they also have a super light mat too.

Too heavy and too thick....

I am looking at this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hsp-770003
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/05/22 01:28 AM

There’s also lizard skin. Never used it but I heard it works.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/05/22 02:11 AM

How much could carpet weight?

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/05/22 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet

The stock front half weighed a bunch...I want to put down somthing lighter when I redo the interior.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/05/22 11:39 AM

I use stock carpet in mine. I need to get a headliner in my car, its the leading cause of becoming medium rare in the staging lanes.

After a few hours on the road EVERYTHING is hot. 2013 is probably the hottest drag week I have done. There was a day where you couldn't hold onto the cage because it was so hot.

Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/06/22 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula

The stock front half weighed a bunch...I want to put down somthing lighter when I redo the interior.

I think you can get it with or without the jute backing pad. Jute free probably much lighter but loses some of the insulation obviously. Still retain oe look if that's at all a concern.

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/06/22 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula

I think you can get it with or without the jute backing pad. Jute free probably much lighter but loses some of the insulation obviously. Still retain oe look if that's at all a concern.

Is that the crap on the back side of it that I have to vacuum out from every nook and cranny? That might be an option if they offer it that way...The front piece was really heavy for carpet. I have not removed the back piece yet. I just want nice thin carpet, but I need somthing underneath for the heat. I don't care about the sound, the car is loud as ..... anyways.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/06/22 02:59 PM

The jute backing is where most of the weight is. I scraped all of mine off in the Road Runner. The cheap lightweight carpet, never looks good IMO.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/06/22 03:50 PM

I used marine carpet to save weight.
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/11/22 12:22 PM

dynamat 70 % quieter in side the car and much cooler
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/11/22 06:34 PM

I used eastwood's version of dynamat to line the doghouse in my van. Big difference in heat and noise.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Interior heat, what do you use? - 09/12/22 10:17 AM

I use stock carpet in mine. I need to get a headliner in my car, its the leading cause of becoming medium rare in the staging lanes. laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums