Moparts

Murder Nova goes HEMI

Posted By: Dart 500

Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/23/22 10:34 PM

Original car too

Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 01:22 AM

Don't most all of those boosted cars have Hemis?
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 10:05 AM

The "Original" car LOL. Only thing original to that car, from when the show started, is the roof and quarters.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 10:40 AM

It's still a cheby, That's why i don't watch it. If you do see a mopar they put a cheby motor in it mad
Posted By: GY3

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
The "Original" car LOL. Only thing original to that car, from when the show started, is the roof and quarters.

...and they put on new quarters! grin
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
It's still a cheby, That's why i don't watch it. If you do see a mopar they put a cheby motor in it mad

There's a Dart running around my neighborhood that really sounds like a beast. Saw the guy at a gas station and complimented him on it. We got to talking and sure as [censored] it was an LS-something. Bad ass car, though and kind of opened my eyes to some options for the future. work up
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Don't most all of those boosted cars have Hemis?

Its trending.....Proline seems to be the key in equation....The 481X is a stout engine as well, but I think the Hemi has been scienced out a bit further and just flat out works better. If it were me, I would run a Noonan 4.9 Big Dog Hemi if I ran at that level.....But with either power plant, you have to put in the work and the testing and in spare parts...If you don't, your a Duck...These guys are capable of running well into the 3sec zone, and that comes with cost.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 06:08 PM

New mopar on the circuit. 68 Cuda (Badfish Racing) It looks pretty fast too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSldLM91j4

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by OUTLAWSSAA

That is Marty Robins, and that car is not new...It has gone thru a lot of transformations and a wreck. I liked it as a procharged car, but they keep changing it to a screw blower car....I am surprised that they can't get it to run with a Procharger.

7 years ago it debuted....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyC3ZLpbA_o

I would have bought the chassis setup for a procharger before they wrecked it the first time....Love that car!
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/24/22 09:40 PM

It's great when the hemi emerges as the king but it is also disappointing. I really like the variety of cars and combinations you see on the street or specifically used to see on that show. As it has gotten so competitive, it seems most people are merging toward 1-2 combos. Love him or hate him, I admired Big Chief for keeping his car quasi Pontiac for as long as he did. At this point, several guys are basically running detuned Top Alcohol Funny Car Motors. Most are procharged Hemi's I think.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/25/22 04:05 AM

There have been a few teams that went over to screw blowers for NPK this year. I think it comes down to what combos the class may favour at the time. It's one of the reasons Ryan Martin went over to a Procharger I believe.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/25/22 11:21 PM

Seems like a lot of the Procharger guys had issues keeping blowers together.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/25/22 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla

Could be the reason that Swanstrom went to a screw blower??

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by OUTLAWSSAA

Would be cool of they air brushed it with all fake rust and patina and called it the Rotten Fish

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 12:10 AM

He says in the video its hurt motors that kill prochargers, something to do with coming unbalanced
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 05:32 AM

Pretty sure Swanstrom and Daddy Dave said it was from trying to spin them too fast.
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 02:01 PM

I have an F1-C which is pretty big on my 01 Cobra which can spin to 7200 rpm from the factory but Procharger says not to spin the blower past 6500 which really isn't that much RPM.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 02:10 PM

somehow Ryan Martin and Axeman don't break prochargers but everyone else seems to?

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by furious70
somehow Ryan Martin and Axeman don't break prochargers but everyone else seems to?

Front what I have seen, if you miss the tune up and damage the engine, it can take the procharger out.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 06:38 PM

Pretty sure Swanstrom and Daddy Dave said it was from trying to spin them too fast.

Some guys just wanna get that last little bit, and believe it's hiding inside the blower.

If 100% is ok, 110% must be even better, and 125% is even more so. no BOOM!
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/26/22 07:20 PM

Id guess that sooner or later you will see blower drives with overrunning clutches to prevent the blower destruction. Not sure , but I believe the head units have a 4:1 or greater output shaft speed. Imagine what is happening in the gear case when on the two step or pedaling. The blower output has to react at at least a 4:1 ratio.
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Murder Nova goes HEMI - 08/28/22 08:48 PM

No question Pro Chargers, make power, but are susceptible to breakable. I was under the impression that a lot of the big hitters have minimum of 3 Pro Chargers, one on the car, one as a spare & one being repaired … As for how true, I don’t know 😋
© 2024 Moparts Forums