Moparts

Gen 3 Dominator Q.

Posted By: Tig

Gen 3 Dominator Q. - 08/07/22 05:16 PM

Anyone know why there are 4 grub screws in the top of a Holley Gen 3 Dominator metering block (billet) ? They seem to be something to do with the intermediate and hi speed bleeds. The reason I ask is when I was cleaning these out with carb cleaner and an air line, I noticed they were leaking. Can I just screw these in or snug them up ? Some were backed out more than others but I've set them all flush with the top of the block (as the majority were) snugged up they go 1/16" in. My worry is these were used for fine tuning the above circuits but then again whats the point if you already have removable jets for this shruggy
Confused confused TIA up
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Gen 3 Dominator Q. - 08/07/22 06:05 PM

No experience with those myself........ but leaking plugs in the metering block doesn’t sound great to me.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Gen 3 Dominator Q. - 08/08/22 01:50 PM

If you are referring to the 8-32 set screws tighten em up or remove em and re seal em....
Posted By: Tig

Re: Gen 3 Dominator Q. - 08/08/22 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Thumperdart
If you are referring to the 8-32 set screws tighten em up or remove em and re seal em....

I think so, there are 8 per carb. They're on the top of the metering blocks (next to a pair of brass blanking brass blanking plugs). What are they for ?
© 2024 Moparts Forums