Moparts

Carb identification?

Posted By: jyrki

Carb identification? - 08/07/22 12:30 PM

Anyone recognize this carburetor I have in my car. It has absolutely no markings anywhere. It seems like it's anodized gold, and is a typical Holley style. The fuel inlets are the same as in some Demons I think. With blind power valves and to me seemingly large 91 & 93 jets.

Attached picture carb01.jpg
Attached picture carb02.jpg
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 12:37 PM

looks like a speedmaster
Posted By: Tig

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 12:37 PM

I've never seen one in person but I believe this to be a "Pro Comp" carb, Chinese version of a 4150.
Speedmaster appears not to have the screw in bleeds, but again I have no experience with either shruggy

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 12:53 PM

I thought procomp and speedmaster was the same company shruggy
Posted By: Tig

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by B1MAXX
I thought procomp and speedmaster was the same company shruggy

Correct, Procomp changed their name to speedmaster around 2014.

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 01:13 PM

Thanks! Seems like one. There doesn't seem to be any numbers anywhere, so it's kind of hard to judge what kind of jets should be in there. The size is supposed to be 850, but I have no idea weather it's true or not. Anyway, for that size, 91&93 jets seems awfully big, and according to the plugs it runs rich = black plugs. And the idle screws can only be open about 1/4 turn or it's too rich. I think I'll drop the jet sizes 3 in the rear and 10 in front, and install a power valve in front. See how that affects the idle, or do I have to try to change the idle air bleeds to bigger size.

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 01:26 PM

Jetting won't effect idle circuits.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by B1MAXX
Jetting won't effect idle circuits.
Shouldn't affect the idle circuit UNLESS the throttle plates are open far enough to expose the transition circuits on some carbs shruggy scope

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 04:04 PM

Transition slots are still from idle circuit. Idle feed restriction is the only "jet"on that side.

Re: Carb identification? - 08/07/22 06:17 PM

Ok. Anyway, I'll put in smaller jets all around + the power valve. Then I think again if I want to play with the idle restrictions. I think it was way too rich overall. Next weekend we'll see how it reacts, weather permitting.
© 2024 Moparts Forums