Moparts

Jesel Belt drive?

Posted By: Dragula

Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 12:38 AM

Question about these....When you put one on an engine, does it affect oil pressure or change engine cooling?
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 01:50 AM

Can't. What prompted the question?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Question about these....When you put one on an engine, does it affect oil pressure or change engine cooling?
NO, it doesn't affect any thing other than allowing you to use one of their belt drive to drive the camshaft and allow you to adjust the camshaft lobe centers from the front side (radiator side) of the cover wrench Good stuff up scope wrench
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 02:25 PM

You might need to space water pump away to give clearance
Posted By: Tig

Re: Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 02:32 PM

Nope, I can't see how it would. You will have plenty of room for a stock w/p if you run an engine plate but you may need extra clearance or spacers it if you want to run the front mounted, belt driven distributor.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 03:18 PM

I don't really understand the question since those things don't have much to do with each other. I run Jesel belt drives or Jesel front drive kits on all of the serious engines I build. Sometimes you have to get creative with the spacers for the water pump, especially when you add the Jesel belt drive distributor. But I've figured it out over the years.

Attached picture DSC_9141 (Large).JPG
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Jesel Belt drive? - 07/29/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mopar_mark
You might need to space water pump away to give clearance

My experience with a 1/4" thick front motor plate was the aluminum water pump housing was just about touching the Jesel center bolt head without gaskets (I use RTV and no WP gaskets). Some water pump housings may need a little (~0.030") grinding or cutting on the back for good clearance.

Attached picture WaterPumpHousing_CVR-back.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums