Moparts

Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover

Posted By: frank

Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/21/22 09:51 PM

Using Mopar Performance cast aluminum valve covers on 511 build with Sniper. I have the correct PCV grommet for this valve cover but I can't locate a fixed orifice PCV valve that works with the grommet designed for this cover. The ID of the grommet is .470. I can't find any fixed orifice PCV valve for this application. Does anyone know where I can get the correct size valve for this application. Even an old style PCV valve would be OK. I know they can be modified into a fixed orifice type. Thanks
Frank
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/21/22 10:11 PM

I think a Ford type with the large metal bottom works scope
Sorry for not having a brand and part number shruggy
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/21/22 10:52 PM

The only fixed orifice PCV valves available are for Chevy applications so you have to modify the valve cover to work with a Chevy style fixed orifice PCV. In your case it might be easier to just make a fixed orifice restriction to go in the vacuum line from the valve cover to the intake manifold. Just plug the vacuum line and drill a 0.100 hole in the plug.

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/22/22 07:10 PM

Thanks for your input
Frank

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/22/22 08:27 PM

I make my own fixed orifice valves (restrictions) for Mopars. Very simple job if you have a small tool room lathe. Just start with some bar stock and drill the center hole to what you need. Or drill and tap the center hole for a Holley jet so you can tune the vacuum signal.

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/22/22 09:08 PM

Nice. Always wanted a lathe. This is turning into an expensive build.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/23/22 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I make my own fixed orifice valves (restrictions) for Mopars. Very simple job if you have a small tool room lathe. Just start with some bar stock and drill the center hole to what you need. Or drill and tap the center hole for a Holley jet so you can tune the vacuum signal.

That's a great idea! up

Re: Fixed orifice PCV valve for MP cast aluminum valve cover - 07/23/22 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by AndyF

That's a great idea! up

Here are a couple of pictures of the fixed orifice that I use on my Coronet. This is fancier that required but it provides an idea. I drill and tap these blocks for Holley air bleeds but Holley jets would also work.

Attached picture DSC_4982 (Large).JPG
Attached picture DSC_4986 (Large).JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums