Moparts

wheel bearing grease

Posted By: dragon

wheel bearing grease - 06/29/22 12:34 AM

What are you using for front wheel bearing grease just off the self or what race only. Thanks
Posted By: B1duster

Re: wheel bearing grease - 06/29/22 02:56 AM

Valvoline full synthetic
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/w...3245/full/7070009_syp_vv986_pri_detl.jpg
Posted By: astjp2

Re: wheel bearing grease - 06/29/22 10:56 PM

Texas refinery 880
Posted By: Rodenteliminator

Re: wheel bearing grease - 06/29/22 11:21 PM

Lucas Red and Tacky, I take a grease needle and shoot just a small amount in on the rollers and I can spin my front wheels by hand as fast as I can and they will spin for a long time. Doug
Posted By: longram60

Re: wheel bearing grease - 06/30/22 12:54 AM

On my NHRA stocker, I use the grease shown on this site (also using the bearing spacers):

https://www.drpperformance.net/hub-components
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: wheel bearing grease - 06/30/22 01:27 AM

At a bearing seminar, the engineer from the bearing supplier was asked what grease was best. His answer was just use a grease with the correct rating for the application, and alway by a box of that grease so you always use the same grease consistently. He said that not mixing greases is way more important than the grease brand.
Posted By: second 70

Re: wheel bearing grease - 07/01/22 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uberpube
At a bearing seminar, the engineer from the bearing supplier was asked what grease was best. His answer was just use a grease with the correct rating for the application, and alway by a box of that grease so you always use the same grease consistently. He said that not mixing greases is way more important than the grease brand.

This had a oil rep come out and show how using 2 different greases was what caused bearings to look like they were packed with dirt. We just laughed because after all these years we thought that it was dirt. Always clean out old grease if you're not sure you're using the same can.
© 2024 Moparts Forums