Moparts

SOLID LIFTER

Posted By: 440lebaron

SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 04:11 PM

solid lifters name brand "sealed power" made in china, not much to it, everything else is backordered, any input?

Attached picture lifter.jpg
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 04:28 PM

Is the application a cheater cam for an NHRA Stocker, using the typical spring force associated with that type of cam?

If so, then I’d go another route.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 04:41 PM

There are howards edm on ebay but spendy. Also comp std. solid and edms.

All in the $275 to $350 area.
Posted By: topside

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 06:06 PM

I'm an EDM fan myself; last thing I need is a wiped FT cam.
Do it once, do it right.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
There are howards edm on ebay but spendy. Also comp std. solid and edms.

All in the $275 to $350 area.

EDM lifters were made and designed to be used in BB Chevy motors due to their poor lubrication of the lifters and cam lobes and tight lifter to lifter bore clearances: work: scope
Every BB Mopar I've check the lifter bores on have a BUNCH of lifter to lifter bore clearances scope
I've primed more than one BB,SB and Gen 2 426 C.I. hemi motors with the lifter gallery expose, they flat push a lot of oil out around the lifters under pressure scope
My message is we don't need EDM lifters, use a good oil high in Zinc content instead to make the cam and lifters live up twocents
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 07:43 PM

I’m sold on EDM lifters. I ran them for five years on a .650 lift solid cam and everything looks great.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/02/22 09:29 PM

Maybe a return to some of the old ways, machining the old parts and reusing materials, is in order.

http://schneidercams.com/Lifter_Resurfacing.aspx

Of course, if you don't happen to have any used lifters on hand to reface, then this won't help a whole lot.

We've all been told repeatedly to throw them away at every rebuild for many years, maybe time for that kind of thing to stop.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/03/22 02:49 AM

I've had several sets of OEM Mopar solid hemi lifters, both sizes, and OEM Mopar brand low tapered hydraulic lifters refaced in Seatle and reused them, works good, last a long time boogie up
Posted By: sr4440

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/03/22 10:33 PM

I know several builders that use these guys, rebuilding lifters is all they do.

https://mizpahprecision.com/index.htm

Joe
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/03/22 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I've had several sets of OEM Mopar solid hemi lifters, both sizes, and OEM Mopar brand low tapered hydraulic lifters refaced in Seatle and reused them, works good, last a long time boogie up

Have a name of the company that did it for you ?
Posted By: mr_340

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/04/22 06:02 PM

[/quote]
EDM lifters were made and designed to be used in BB Chevy motors due to their poor lubrication of the lifters and cam lobes and tight lifter to lifter bore clearances: work: scope
Every BB Mopar I've check the lifter bores on have a BUNCH of lifter to lifter bore clearances scope
I've primed more than one BB,SB and Gen 2 426 C.I. hemi motors with the lifter gallery expose, they flat push a lot of oil out around the lifters under pressure scope
My message is we don't need EDM lifters, use a good oil high in Zinc content instead to make the cam and lifters live up twocents [/quote]

The Chrysler service manuals show a lifter bore size of 0.9050" to 0.9058". I believe the aftermarket has sized their lifters for a slightly smaller size, resulting in the lifter bore flooding. I talked to Billy Godbold at CC about it. He said he changed the lifter size when he first got to Comp, but they had complaints from the Brand X racers and they changed it back.
Posted By: jwb123

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/05/22 01:47 PM

jonescams@bellsouth.net has American made flat tappet cam and lifters, he also designs some very good camshaft profiles, he picked my car up a couple tenths. I have run the EDM solid lifters with good results and on hydraulic cams I have grooved the lifter bores for better oiling seems to work very well. But in changing with the times I just have been building most mild engines with a hydraulic roller.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: SOLID LIFTER - 06/05/22 04:56 PM

But really if your pumping enough oil to all the needed places is there a downside to edm lifters.

Ive some older vintage cams I feel will be fine with std solids, I rum many comp solid cams that some dont like due to the steep ramps and in that application isnt more lube dead center of the lifter a benefit in higher stress situations.?
© 2024 Moparts Forums