Moparts

adj timing control

Posted By: RapidRobert

adj timing control - 06/01/22 01:21 AM

where can I find one, that you turn the knob to adj? I had one way back that connected in series to one of the electronic wires & delayed that "trigger" to alter the advance amount. MSD has an 8680 but it requires their "box". thank you for your time.
Posted By: duspan

Re: adj timing control - 06/01/22 09:41 PM

msd makes one i used to have one

Re: adj timing control - 06/02/22 01:00 PM

was it an 8782? I finally got ahold of a tech & he said it is a universal one that will work on a chrysler std dist tho it says HEI & the ebay seller says it requires an external coil. its coming my way.
Posted By: rebel

Re: adj timing control - 06/02/22 11:13 PM

Im not sure i understand how adjusting a knob can control your timing. I run a Grid where you can adjust the timing per given RPM but its programmed on the laptop first. I can set up a retard on a switch if i want to back it off, otherwise its set on kill.

Re: adj timing control - 06/04/22 02:30 AM

I had one before & they definitely work as described. I'm assuming it delays the triggering from the reluctor/magnet to the coil so you bump the timing up then slow it down with the knob so you have a range to work with. this one has a 15 deg range. My 8782 came in the mail today.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: adj timing control - 06/04/22 03:20 PM

https://progressionignition.com/
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: adj timing control - 06/04/22 03:58 PM

RR if you don't mind can you share what country your new box was manufactured in? Does it come with the adjustment knob or are there two separate parts to purchase?
© 2024 Moparts Forums