Moparts

Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas…

Posted By: 300by500

Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/26/22 05:05 PM

Just got the 69 Barracuda back from the chassis shop. I specified swing out bars. I’m not real excited about how it turned out.

Looking to see what others have done for the forward bars while keeping window cranks, armrests, etc.

Any ideas appreciated! up
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/26/22 06:22 PM

Mine is a little more elaborate than an 8 point. However, no matter how we placed my door bars the X ran tight into the inner door handle (without putting bends in the bars, which do not meet spec). So, I made some block off plates for my door panels and used the inner door handle kits for fiber glass doors and made the handles come up through my armrests. Works great and can still reach from seat when belted in. Picture 2 shows them better.

Attached picture 20150424_205804_resized.jpg
Attached picture 20150424_205727_resized_1.jpg
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/26/22 06:39 PM

To keep armrests, the bar will either need to be bent inward to clear them, or dropped below where it should be.

If the bar is bent inward to clear them, then the armrests won't work because the bar will be in the way. It also causes the bar
to crowd the seat area.

Definitely an age old dilemma.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/27/22 01:04 PM

Mine is a simple x and all the door stuff don’t hit

Attached picture FEFFAB79-7F82-4874-AC5B-456550AEFBDD.jpeg
Posted By: jughed

Re: Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/30/22 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
To keep armrests, the bar will either need to be bent inward to clear them, or dropped below where it should be.

If the bar is bent inward to clear them, then the armrests won't work because the bar will be in the way. It also causes the bar
to crowd the seat area.

Definitely an age old dilemma.

Correct...no big deal if you don't use the armrests. I've never had any issue with bar being in the way, and have no problem getting in or out (avg. sized). If the bars are bent inward the passenger side bar will "crowd the seat area" more due to the factory drivetrain offset

Attached picture 1628370857827.jpg
Attached picture 1628370826418.jpg
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/30/22 11:06 PM

jughed- not to hi-jack the thread, but would you show us some more pics of your car? I like what I see.
Posted By: jughed

Re: Looking for A-body 8-point roll bar door ideas… - 05/30/22 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
jughed- not to hi-jack the thread, but would you show us some more pics of your car? I like what I see.

Thanks!! PM an email address and i'll send a few pics.

© 2024 Moparts Forums