Moparts

a npk crash

Posted By: theraif

a npk crash - 05/21/22 04:38 PM

a lot of key board experts have an issue with track response catfight. myself wonder about the on board fire system shruggy
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 04:56 PM

My request is to please get all of the people out of and away from the starting line/burnout box! When he backs up he pushes people away from the car. What if a tranny lets go? It can saw a car, floorboard, feet etc within many yards. down
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 05:02 PM

I don't think the response time was bad. Maybe a little tardy, but Maple Grove has walls to the end of the track and it's fairly long.

Looks like the fire may have been been fed. I wonder if anyone got to the shut off on the back of the car to shut stuff off.
Posted By: racerx

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 05:16 PM

Curios to work what happen? Did the vette got out of the groove? I see something on the other car let go.
Posted By: dvw

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 05:27 PM

I don't know about anybody else, but my car has a driver accessible shut-off. And a on board fire system. It was $600 cheap.
Doug
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 05:30 PM

up Thank you
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 07:37 PM

Doug can you post a picture of your shut off.? Birdtracker
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 08:20 PM

Swanstrom's car is back together and racing this weekend.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 09:59 PM

I followed your tip, and installed one in my car as well. After having the shutoff in the car, it should be a rule IMO.
Posted By: rebel

Re: a npk crash - 05/21/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Schultz62
My request is to please get all of the people out of and away from the starting line/burnout box! When he backs up he pushes people away from the car. What if a tranny lets go? It can saw a car, floorboard, feet etc within many yards. down

This amazes me as well. At our track, only the track crew & the car crew are allowed on the start line. I can't believe how many extras are on the start line here & with no protection.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: a npk crash - 05/22/22 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by rebel
Originally Posted by Schultz62

This amazes me as well. At our track, only the track crew & the car crew are allowed on the start line. I can't believe how many extras are on the start line here & with no protection.

Tim Mcamis has an interesting view about this behavior on his Youtube channel that made me chuckle a few times.

Gus beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: a npk crash - 05/22/22 09:20 PM

That couldn't happen to a nicer cry baby: grin:: devil:
I hope the, person persons, decision making person, persons or people don't allow him back on any program associated with street or any type of drag racing on their network twocents
Way to many cry babies on them already down rant
Racers race and wanna be racers cry and complain instead of working on making their car and or driving better twocents
It seems to me that his Father is the motivation behind him racing shruggy
I sincerely hope that the other driver wasn't hurt, anyone know of him and his current conditions?
After watching the complete video this afternoon it looks like a bunch of the Street Outlaw racers were there also, I wonder why work
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: a npk crash - 05/22/22 09:29 PM

This will be interesting

Attached picture C2AE874E-733A-42C8-A649-C83F6744E265.jpeg
Attached picture 33776AD0-1BF8-4490-89AC-8FED6BA238C4.jpeg
Attached picture 038BDA7E-7E9F-4E1B-B00E-28C363C5EA0B.jpeg
Attached picture 9A7BD5A3-662F-4D13-8214-4BD740C02656.jpeg
Posted By: dvw

Re: a npk crash - 05/22/22 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by birdtracker

The cable goes into the car where a lever is attached to the cage. It can be shut off from out side the car (rod in lower part of the pic) as well. The bell crank is just 3/8" steel tube. A compression fitting cut in half locks it to the switch.
Doug

Attached picture 0203131657.jpg
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: a npk crash - 05/22/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by dvw

The cable goes into the car where a lever is attached to the cage. It can be shut off from out side the car (rod in lower part of the pic) as well. The bell crank is just 3/8" steel tube. A compression fitting cut in half locks it to the switch.
Doug

Their is value to this on a street car as well. If I had a dime for every time I got in the car and forgot to turn the switch on......
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: a npk crash - 05/23/22 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by 493_john
Originally Posted by dvw

Doug

Their is value to this on a street car as well. If I had a dime for every time I got in the car and forgot to turn the switch on......

John you are not the only one who does that!!!Lol Doug thanks for posting. Birdtracker
Posted By: justinp61

Re: a npk crash - 05/23/22 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by dvw

Doug

John you are not the only one who does that!!!Lol Doug thanks for posting. Birdtracker

Count me in this group too.

Re: a npk crash - 05/23/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by dvw

Doug

I never turn mine off at the races, never up Even on the local two day races up
I do know several SO CA racers who use a motor home 100 % duty cycle electric solenoid to act as a on and off switch that they can turn on and off from the driver seats work It is in series with the main batteery cable after the cut off switch, the bad part about using one like that is it uses current to operate it so it will drain the batteries eventually as long as it is on work down

Re: a npk crash - 05/23/22 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

This will be interesting

John, is that the KD in southern Ohio?

Re: a npk crash - 05/23/22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

This will be interesting

John, is that the KD in southern Ohio?

Honestly I’m not sure. It was posted by the street outlaw guys.

Re: a npk crash - 05/24/22 12:16 AM

https://youtu.be/EyjMvTglHSw
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: a npk crash - 05/25/22 12:54 PM

The crash at KD was caused by a drunk in his racecar. I hear they beat the sh!t out of him for crashing another racer .

Re: a npk crash - 05/25/22 10:50 PM

I got it from the AHRA director the other night that the track gave the guy a lifetime ban. He was the promoter of the series that was running. He admitted to 1 drink............

Re: a npk crash - 05/26/22 12:18 AM

Years ago there was a guy that raced at one of the tracks I bracket raced at that drank whiskey from the time he got there until he left. He told me it kept him sharp on the tree. I always paid attention to where he was in the lanes.

Re: a npk crash - 05/26/22 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Years ago there was a guy that raced at one of the tracks I bracket raced at that drank whiskey from the time he got there until he left. He told me it kept him sharp on the tree. I always paid attention to where he was in the lanes.

i know several guys who use to win a lot of money in bars betting about reaction times and the influence on them by drinking, a lot of money up
They would have the victims, after several beers or drinks lay their arm on the bar and hold their thumb and index fingers apart about 3 inches and then take a 5, 10 or 20 dollar bill(what ever the bet was) out of their wallets and bet that the drinker couldn't catch it if they release it with the bottom of the bill held even with the top of the thumb and fingers scope devil
I can catch them when sober, after two beers or drinks not at all whiney shruggy

Re: a npk crash - 05/26/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

i know several guys who use to win a lot of money in bars betting about reaction times and the influence on them by drinking, a lot of money up
They would have the victims, after several beers or drinks lay their arm on the bar and hold their thumb and index fingers apart about 3 inches and then take a 5, 10 or 20 dollar bill(what ever the bet was) out of their wallets and bet that the drinker couldn't catch it if they release it with the bottom of the bill held even with the top of the thumb and fingers scope devil
I can catch them when sober, after two beers or drinks not at all whiney shruggy

I’ve seen a lot of things in bars that I want nothing to do with at the track.

Re: a npk crash - 05/26/22 02:53 AM

iagree Me Too up
I quit drinking alcohol over 30 yrs. ago, I got tired of having a bad head the next morning after a party down tsk twocents
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: a npk crash - 05/26/22 01:42 PM

For better or worse, I like to drink. But even in my 20's, I never drank at the track when my car was there or even the night before racing. Two cool things that you don't mix.
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: a npk crash - 05/26/22 04:55 PM

iagree Me Too up
I quit drinking alcohol over 30 yrs. ago, I got tired of having a bad head the next morning after a party down tsk twocents
Same here gave it up 25 years ago.
© 2024 Moparts Forums