Moparts

Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st

Posted By: Brad_Haak

Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/25/22 09:19 PM

Boonsboro, MD, just east of Hagerstown on I-70. There's also a test & tune scheduled for Saturday April 30th from 10:00 - 3:30.

Attached File
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/25/22 10:04 PM

Good luck but as far as racers you have a few strikes against it
1. Low payout
2. Only one race (Sunday)
3. And probably the biggest is you won’t believe how many racers head home on Sunday at these races. Not sure if it’s because they work on Monday or what but you can sit at any weekend Mopar race and people are pulling out. I hope it works for you but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/25/22 10:47 PM

Not sure why you feel the need to respond to me like I'm the track promoter and you need to bust my chops over why the event won't be successful... confused

It's an annual Mopar show & race that's been going on for years which I first attended it in the late '90s. The facility is a little over an hour from me and they seem to do a good job of running their race program. Figured I'd put the word out for anyone who may be interested.
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/25/22 11:07 PM

I think it's one of the better Mopar races still running in the northeast. I suppose there might have been bigger/better ones but most if not all of them no longer exist.

I plan to be there.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/25/22 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Not sure why you feel the need to respond to me like I'm the track promoter and you need to bust my chops over why the event won't be successful... confused

It's an annual Mopar show & race that's been going on for years which I first attended it in the late '90s. The facility is a little over an hour from me and they seem to do a good job of running their race program. Figured I'd put the word out for anyone who may be interested.

Don’t the so sensitive as I only replied to YOUR post. I’ve been to more Mopar races than most have so I’m only stating what I’ve witnessed.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/26/22 03:24 AM

I just got my junk running this weekend so I will be there....

Ya, the payout sucks, but If I was doing it for money I would have filed bankruptcy and quit 35 years ago.... whistling

Posted By: 1965fish

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/26/22 09:26 AM

I will be there. May take the wagon to get some more runs on it and give the Dakota a rest.

Attached picture 4-3-21 (56).jpg
Attached picture IMG_E0607.JPG
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/26/22 05:07 PM

The three years I went was always a good time. Even if the weather was sketchy at best people still came. I enjoyed the three years I went to the show. It not a HUGE show for certain but a very nice "local" Mopar show/swap/race.

On a side not I saw that Capital had a shooting this past weekend. I cannot imagine that will have a positive affect on the newly reopened facility.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/two-people-shot-during-racing-event-in-crofton

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/26/22 07:50 PM

Hey 1965, I think I had the unpleasant experience of seeing your win light on in the other lane Sunday 4th round of Super Pro in the Dakota right?

haha

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/26/22 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
On a side not I saw that Capital had a shooting this past weekend. I cannot imagine that will have a positive affect on the newly reopened facility.

The Hicks family has gotta be pi$$ed right now

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/26/22 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Don’t the so sensitive as I only replied to YOUR post. I’ve been to more Mopar races than most have so I’m only stating what I’ve witnessed.

You came across like I peed in your Cheerios simply for trying to give some notice about an upcoming local event. Just seemed like an odd response for someone who is typically very "Get your a$$ to the track and race!"

///////////////////////////////

To nobody in particular, I'll be there on Sunday w/ the 1320 racing two classes. I'm also looking to get up there on Saturday for the T&T cuz I need to figure out the rear tire pressure and work on the tree as much as possible. Thx
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/27/22 12:14 AM

h i
i gona be there !

always a fun time !

heck i even won the street class 2 years in a row 2017 , 2018 !

had a blast even when i went out early !

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/27/22 09:27 AM

Ha. I was lucky that round. I was the same .002 red the next round after I missed the tree on you fourth round.
There are a bunch of tough racers up there at Mason.

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/28/22 02:48 PM

I'm hoping the weather forecast improves over what it's showing for Sunday luck
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/28/22 04:13 PM

I'll be skipping this year as I have other plans. Last year forecast was iffy and they did have to stop for a few minutes to let a shower pass thru. Hopefully the forecast clears up. Good luck to those attending.
Posted By: carnut68

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/30/22 11:22 AM

I'm thinking about takin my junk. Watching the forecast..
Posted By: skicker

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/30/22 11:39 AM

Planned on taking some parts down and selling at the swap meet...

80% chance of rain is making me think otherwise... twocents

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 04/30/22 12:21 PM

Unfortunately, the forecast for Sunday seems to get worse everytime I check. Naturally, today will be perfect... rolleyes

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/01/22 03:16 AM

At this point the forecast isn't promising. Before anyone heads out tomorrow morning, you should check M-D's FB page to see if they've posted any updates about the event being canceled or -- maybe -- rescheduled ==> HERE

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/01/22 10:30 AM

RACE HAS BEEN MOVED TO MAY !5th DUE TO THE WEATHER.

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/01/22 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 1965fish

RACE HAS BEEN MOVED TO MAY !5th DUE TO THE WEATHER.

Probably for the best. I went yesterday to the TNT. Great weather and the track was good. Had a good turnout for that, I think I heard 120 cars. Brought my car home last night due to impending weather. Nothing stinks more than having to spend 3 hours driving to track in rain just to get the car.

Hopefully it doesn't get rained out 3 or 4 times again like it did the other year.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/10/22 07:37 PM

Sunday`s weather may be ok. luck

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/13/22 03:04 PM

There are a number of events at the local tracks this weekend, but the forecast isn't promising. frown
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/13/22 06:50 PM

I think the weather gods must drive Chevy's.........or Prius'
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/14/22 04:15 AM

Is the show still on? I don`t see a cancellation?

Re: Mason-Dixon Dragway Mopar Race - May 1st - 05/14/22 11:46 AM

They'll wait until Sunday morning to make a decision.
© 2024 Moparts Forums