Moparts

Road Runner updates

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 11:33 AM

The weather here in Minnesota has been brutal this year, and refuses to warm up, but this last weekend, I've finally been able to get some work done on the Road Runner. As most know, I broke a rod in my 499 last year, and it pretty much destroyed everything in the short block, and kept the damage to the heads to a minimum. I was already in the process of getting things together for a new engine, and things are finally moving forward with that. With the new engine the old Jerico DR4 would be on borrowed time, so I sold that, and bought a new Liberty Equalizer Extreme 4 speed. Doing so, means the car needs some modifications to fit the new trans. Waiting for parts has been a huge issue, as most know, but with some luck, I have almost everything I need to finish the new to me 563ci engine. A huge thanks to Chuck Millan of Best machine, with help ordering the ATI Dampener shell with integrated Crank trigger magnets.

Attached picture 563dampner1.jpg
Attached picture 563dampner2.jpg
Attached picture 563piston2.jpg
Attached picture 563piston1.jpg

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 11:40 AM

With a spare 440 block for mock up, I've been able to make stuff like a new throttle cable, and fuel lines, while I wait for my engine. I bought a used/damaged INDY block. it needed to be fixed by the pan rail, and have 3 new sleeves installed. All that has been done now. The car also needs a rear gear change. I'm going from a 4.88 rear gear, to a 4.56. Liberty wants a 4.30 in the car, but no one makes a 4.30 Pro gear for a Dana 60 anymore.

Attached picture 563blockrepair3.jpg
Attached picture 563mockup.jpg
Attached picture MotovatorApril21-2.jpg

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 11:45 AM

This next step hurt a little. I spent a lot of time making the floors in the car nice, and clean. To take a cutoff wheel to them, ALMOST had me installing a automatic in the car... I traced the Liberty trans on a piece of plywood, then cut it out. With a template, I was able to determine what needed to be cut a way. The trans now fits, and I need to make a removable tunnel for the car.

Attached picture MotovatorApril21-3.jpg
Attached picture MotovatorApril21-1.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:10 PM

Looks nice Jeff! You do good work! What switch panel is that? wave

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
What switch panel is that? wave

It's the stock dash filler panel. Switches are from Waytek Wire. I made my own wiring harness for the car.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:35 PM

Very nice! up
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:37 PM

Beautiful work and car Jeff. Looking forward to it running good #'s soon. If you're running an aluminum rod, check one for fit in the piston. Apparently, it's a more common oversight than I thought.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:43 PM

I have a US gear Pro gear 4.30 in my Dana. Part number 05-997430
Doug

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Beautiful work and car Jeff. Looking forward to it running good #'s soon. If you're running an aluminum rod, check one for fit in the piston. Apparently, it's a more common oversight than I thought.

I'm using Molnar 7.100 steel rods.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
Doug

THANKS Doug! I'll look into it. What spool are you running? 4.10 or 4.56?
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 01:08 PM

I have 4.30 pro gears in the 67 ..

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
I have 4.30 pro gears in the 67 ..

Every place I have looked says no longer available. I called Nitro Gear, as they listed them about a year ago, and had them on their website. No longer available, was what I got when I called them directly. The US gear number Doug gave me, is turning up the same way. maybe they will have one in stock?

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 01:52 PM

Try this???
https://usdieselparts.com/i-24076553-dana-60-4-30-ratio-pro9310-ring-and-pinion-drag-also.html

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 02:16 PM

Just got off the phone with US Gear, and they are no longer supporting Dana 60 parts.

I called the link you posted Ted, and they do not have one on the shelf, and Nitro gear will no longer be making a 4.30 Pro gear either... I'll stick with the 4.56's, and if it's too much, I'll make the switch to 4.10's next year I guess.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 02:49 PM

Looks awesome Jeff! I could see the anxiety behind cutting on that thing but lets be real, we all know you would never put an automatic in it lol.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 02:52 PM

Good luck Jeff! up

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Looks awesome Jeff! I could see the anxiety behind cutting on that thing but lets be real, we all know you would never put an automatic in it lol.

You have no idea how close I was to going that route. Cutting the car was a HUGE factor. The many hours spent with Joel during our Drag Week travels, convinced me to keep the manual, and order the Liberty. I ordered it a week after we got back.
Posted By: topside

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 04:36 PM

Love that car !
I understand the floor thing, but it's never going back to stock, right ?

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Love that car !

There is zero chance of that ever happening.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by topside
Love that car !

There is zero chance of that ever happening.

The only person it should really matter to what it looks like is YOU up twocents grin Frick the rest of them, huh whistling devil haha
Posted By: moparx

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/25/22 06:45 PM

i really like the way the rocker switches fit in the factory dash molding cove. up
beer
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/26/22 12:05 AM

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!! That IS......baddass! up

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/26/22 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by dvw
Doug

THANKS Doug! I'll look into it. What spool are you running? 4.10 or 4.56?

Series 5, 4.56. I guess I'll be going 4.10 next time.
Doug
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/26/22 03:47 AM

The many hours spent with Joel during our Drag Week travels, convinced me to keep the manual, and order the Liberty. I ordered it a week after we got back.

It just goes to show that the elderly, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a useful purpose!
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/26/22 11:19 AM

Whats the 1st gear in the trans? 3.10? You can use a 4.10 with that cubic inch.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/26/22 02:25 PM

ALMOST had me installing a automatic in the car

troll

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/26/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by fbs63

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/22 12:09 PM

That's a lot of SLR.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

That's a lot of SLR.

Stick car is very different than a Auto when it comes to SLR. The trans was supposed to have a 2.88 first gear, but when it arrived, it had a 2.92. If the 4.56 doesn't work, I'll switch to 4.10's.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/22 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

That's a lot of SLR.

Remember he doesn't have one of those magic fluid coupling torque multiplier devices in there.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/22 04:25 PM

Car is looking bad a$$ as usual. Making progress love to see it in person someday.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/22 07:41 PM

I have zero experience racing a stick, just seemed way out there for what I'm used to. up

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/28/22 04:01 AM

In todays world of drag racing there are a bunch of good parts available for stick shift racers that are well worth having like clutch tamers and way better clutch disc and pressure plates up twocents
I raced a hemi stick shift 1970 Barracuda in NHRA stock class until I weighed both the front tire weight (2160 Lbs.) and the rear tire weight (1260 Lbs. is what I remembering now) without me in it.
That was the last time I raced that car, I took it home and took it apart and put it in the Sunday L. A, Times used cars for sale 3 months later and sold it to the first caller boogie That was one of the smartest drag racing decisions I've ever made shruggy
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/28/22 07:52 PM

https://quartermax.com/dana-60-4-30-29-spline-pinion-nitro-9310-pro-ring-pinion-drag-racing-only/
Posted By: RobR

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/28/22 09:49 PM

Very Nice... up
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/29/22 12:33 AM

This is one of my favorite builds of all time. The attention to detail is phenomenal. Very much like DVW's car which I consider a highly paid compliment. Thanks for sharing with us and HUGE props for keeping the manual transmission. It going to sound amazing going down the track!
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/09/22 11:14 PM

That car makes my 69 Roadrunner look bad. LOL

Mine has a 469 Wedge with a Richmond 5 speed
My dana has 3.54's but my first is 3.39 1st gear and 1:1 5th gear
I need a real good clutch or just put an auto in it...LOL

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/11/22 03:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The engine is ready to be picked up from the machinists. Time to assemble everything now. I'll post a Engine build thread, and see what the experts say I did wrong.

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/16/22 01:44 AM

Last night while talking with a Mopar buddy, we were discussing gears. Turns out he is waiting for a set of 4.56 Pro Gears, on back order, and has a set of 4.30 Pro gears, with only a couple passes on them. We are just going to do a trade. Procrastinating paid off.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 08:02 PM

Getting close to being ready to test this new combo. It FINALLY warmed up enough to melt the mountain of snow around my place, and I got the car out of it's winter storage spot in the garage, to a more open area. Engine and transmission are in. I bought a new aluminum driveshaft last fall, and it was a touch too long. Had it shortened locally a few weeks ago, and that has been installed. I went from a 3" steel shaft, to a 3.5" aluminum. Since the car sits so low, the new shaft is extremely close to the tunnel. I just have to live with it, and see what happens. I also finished up the transmission cover, and it is removable for clutch servicing. Another change is a set of shorter wheelie bars. I want the car to pitch rotate, and wheelstand some. Don't care if driving out is faster... I'm in this stuff for fun. Nothing else. Car is scheduled to be at Brainerd for May 5th, the first race of the year, and get the cage recertified. If weather is decent, I'll try and make a couple test hits. The track is only running 1/8th mile that weekend, but I'm really only worried about the first 330'.

Jeff

Attached picture 563dyno.jpeg
Attached picture MotovatorOct22-1.jpeg
Attached picture MotovatorApril23-1.jpg
Attached picture MotovatorApril23-2.jpg
Posted By: Gabby63

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 09:07 PM

Man that is a sweet car , detail is awesome . Just asking if you have a better photo of throttle cable mount at carb ? I am trying to fab a new one for my B-body . Stock cable seems too short for my mount & will not open completely with dominator . Thanks for posting your car , Gary

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gabby63
Man that is a sweet car , detail is awesome . Just asking if you have a better photo of throttle cable mount at carb ? I am trying to fab a new one for my B-body . Stock cable seems too short for my mount & will not open completely with dominator . Thanks for posting your car , Gary

Here you go.

Attached picture 861B386A-9897-4C13-8EB2-C664C2566DFA.jpeg

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 10:00 PM

A tip of my hat to you for the details & the thought put into the car.
I dare say you'll be putting the wheelie bars to frequent use.
I always ran the ones on my Duster at 10" for fun, and it's always been a popular move...
Posted By: 71Demon528

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 10:34 PM

Wow that is one amazing build. Good for you. Can’t wait to hear how it does.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 11:34 PM

Good luck Jeff! up

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 11:45 PM

Can't wait to see video.
Doug
Posted By: RobR

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/11/23 11:53 PM

Very Nice ! up
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 12:25 AM

That is one very well engineered stick car. Got any pics of the clutch linkage ? Is it still off the firewall or is it a pivot style on the floor like a Bickel pro-stock deal?

Thanks for sharing your build. up

Gus beer

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 12:40 AM

Gus, the clutch linkage is stock, except it uses hiem joints.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 01:01 AM

Yeah it makes all the difference in the world when you can remove all the play in the clutch and shifter links with heim joints.

Gus beer

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
Can't wait to see video.
Doug

I'll post it when I get it!

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
Yeah it makes all the difference in the world when you can remove all the play in the clutch and shifter links with heim joints.

Gus beer

It's really the only way to get consistency out of the clutch.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 01:56 PM

Beautiful, just needs license and registration for the street grin

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 02:10 PM

It still has room for groceries!

This car raises the bar WAY up there on quality and detail, but the best part is the builder remains
very humble about his capabilities and is very quick to give others credit for the
Hundreds of great ideas displayed.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/12/23 10:17 PM

Thank you , did you fab this plate ? If so any close pics of that ? Thanks again Gary

Are you using a stock pedal assembly inside of car ?

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/13/23 12:05 AM

I am using a stock pedal assembly. The throttle bracket was made by a friend of mine. I drew it up, and made it out of thin plywood first. It acts as a safety plate for a Dominator, holds the fuel regulator, and throttle cable, all in one.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/13/23 11:09 PM

Thank you for the info . I made a stainless bracket which bolts to carb base studs , Not in favor of using the carb mounting bolts for this but no choice yet . I modified the interior pedal to try to account for more throw , so far I am very close to the stop on carb being all the way open . May have to explore a better inside pedal . The Locar pedal I have is very chinzy at best , so I went back to stock pedal . Gary

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/17/23 05:49 PM

what [stainless ?] bolts are you using on your engine, and what manufacturer are they ?
i intend to paint the replacement 446 for my charger the same color turquoise, and use bolts like you are using. up bow
beer

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/17/23 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
what [stainless ?] bolts are you using on your engine, and what manufacturer are they ?
i intend to paint the replacement 446 for my charger the same color turquoise, and use bolts like you are using. up bow
beer

Almost every bolt on the engine is from ARP. I just measure what I need and order accordingly. It sucks when you need 6 bolts, and they come in packs of 5, but that is what it takes sometimes.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/17/23 07:15 PM

thank you. up
i thought ARP, as they have the stainless bolts that are not the elcheapistan packages you see at swap meets made of chinesium.
theirs [ARP's] are made of good quality stainless of a good strength/grade for the particular application.
beer

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/17/23 08:58 PM

As stated if you know what size & length you need you have to go through ARP catalog . I did use stainless sheet for brackets & such . Still looking for a different inside throttle pivot that will work with original pedal . Also need a 25 - 26" stock throttle cable , Or the the cable end . Gary

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/18/23 01:58 AM

As stated if you know what size & length you need you have to go through ARP catalog . I did use stainless sheet for brackets & such . Still looking for a different inside throttle pivot that will work with original pedal . Also need a 25 - 26" stock throttle cable , Or the the cable end . Gary

You can use the stock pedal. The trick with the aftermarket cables is to trim the barrel and use a thin nut. That way the pedal is higher with the throttle closed. Look at the top of the 1st pic. Thats the original nut and portion of the barrel that was removed. The brass bushing replaces the rubber. Made it from a hard line brass adapter..
Doug

Attached picture 20210227_110101.jpg
Attached picture 20210227_110904.jpg
Attached picture 20210308_174433.jpg

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/18/23 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by dvw

You can use the stock pedal. The trick with the aftermarket cables is to trim the barrel and use a thin nut. That way the pedal is higher with the throttle closed. Look at the top of the 1st pic. Thats the original nut and portion of the barrel that was removed. The brass bushing replaces the rubber. Made it from a hard line brass adapter..
Doug
Good thinking and fabbingup bow

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/18/23 07:09 PM

Holy crap , thank you Doug . I will be trying this very soon . I have been struggling with other ideas to try . I am using a aftermarket cable like is in the pic , since I cannot find a ( used ) replacement for my OE cable . Gary

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/18/23 07:17 PM

This is what I am working with so far . Gary

Attached picture 20230412_190452.jpg
Attached picture 20230413_124750 (1).jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/18/23 08:23 PM

Looks killer. Can't wait to hear track results with the new found HP and less weight.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/19/23 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Looks killer. Can't wait to hear track results with the new found HP and less weight.

Thanks Al. Hoping to test in a couple weeks. Had a minor setback with the fuel line, but parts are on the way. Nothing ever goes as planned.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/20/23 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by dvw

Doug

looks like you used heat shrink at the modified sheath end ?
if so, did you use just the garden variety heat shrink, or the thick wall marine grade stuff that also has the glue ?
beer

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/21/23 09:37 PM

Jeff,

That’s some great work man. Like I’ve mentioned before, all the headaches and setbacks will be worth it in the end. That Liberty is the %+}*! Can’t wait to hear about how it runs.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/23 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Jeff,

That’s some great work man. Like I’ve mentioned before, all the headaches and setbacks will be worth it in the end. That Liberty is the %+}*! Can’t wait to hear about how it runs.

Thanks Wes, it sure was cool looking when it sat in my house for almost a year... I haven't talked about it, but even the Liberty was a struggle at first. last fall, after the dyno session, I got the engine installed in the car, along with the transmission. I fired the engine up, and after 40 seconds of run time, it just shut off. Turn the starter over, and it seemed like the engine was locked up... Dump the oil, cut open the filter, and NOTHING. Clean as can be. i couldn't even turn the engine over with a breaker bar. Frustrated is an understatement at this point. I call a buddy, and he asked if I dial indicated the bell housing? Yes I did, it was within .002. "It turned over fine by hand then?" It did... "Start taking it apart, starting with removing the trans." Out came the tools, and I started to pull the transmission. As soon as I grabbed the input shaft, I knew what the problem was instantly. The transmission was locked up... Put the trans on the bench, and start taking it apart. This is something I didn't think I'd need to do for a LONG time... Once the case was split, I didn't see anything inside the trans that looked out of place. I pulled the input shaft, and found the problem. The input shaft was locked up to the throw out bearing collar. A phone call to Liberty was in order. Was told to send the input shaft back to them. I sent it to them on a Wednesday night, and it arrived on Friday morning. Mike from Liberty called, and said that the ID of the throw out bearing collar was machined wrong, and the input shaft had rubbed just enough, that it welded itself to the collar. They fixed it free of charge, and sent the assembly back. Not thrilled to have to go through with all that, but Liberty made it right.

This spring, I still needed to install the clutch linkage in the car. While switching to the Liberty, I also moved the engine slightly forward, as I mounted the engine plate on the front side of the brackets in the engine compartment, instead of behind, like my old setup was. This changed the clutch linkage just enough to be a pain in the [censored]. Some modifications later, and it's in.

As luck would have it, a week or so ago, I charged the battery on the car, put, some Sunoco 112 in the fuel cell, then powered up the fuel pump to check for leaks. None in the engine compartment. None in the trunk. A huge puddle under the car. The fuel line I put on, less than 4 years ago, was leaking from multiple spots. I had to order some new line, and fittings. I switched to solid aluminum lines this time.

This last Tuesday, UPS delivered the fuel line fittings I needed to finish the install. Got everything done, and checked for leaks. Nothing! What a relief. I couldn't take the suspense any more, and crawled into the car, pumped the gas once, and rolled the engine over. The 563 fired up instantly. Holy S#!T, this thing sounds pi$$ed off! I ran the engine for a little while, getting it up to 140-150*, and ran it through the gears a couple times. The throw on the Liberty shifter, feels quite a bit less than the Jerico/LONG setup I ran for years before. Smooth as can be, and no CLUNKING, the Jerico made.

I can't wait to make a pass in this thing.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/23 03:38 PM

up
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/23 03:57 PM

Jeff, when do you plan to run, and where?

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/23 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by gregsdart
Jeff, when do you plan to run, and where?

I will be at Brainerd May 5th, for Chassis re-certification. Still up in the air, if I want to make a pass or not, I might just head home afterwards, as I have a customer car arriving on Saturday.
Posted By: 71Demon528

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/23 04:41 PM

Cant wait to hear what it runs. I bet its gonna be one wild ride.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/27/23 07:31 PM

After that fiasco with the fuel line, I would pull the carburetor apart and check everything for particles of fuel line. You don't want to have a partially restricted secondary main jet or something like that and go lean on the big end of the track...

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/28/23 11:17 AM

Carb has already been checked out.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/28/23 04:53 PM

Jeff,

Thanks Wes, it sure was cool looking when it sat in my house for almost a year... I haven't talked about it, but even the Liberty was a struggle at first. last fall, after the dyno session, I got the engine installed in the car, along with the transmission. I fired the engine up, and after 40 seconds of run time, it just shut off. Turn the starter over, and it seemed like the engine was locked up... Dump the oil, cut open the filter, and NOTHING. Clean as can be. i couldn't even turn the engine over with a breaker bar. Frustrated is an understatement at this point. I call a buddy, and he asked if I dial indicated the bell housing? Yes I did, it was within .002. "It turned over fine by hand then?" It did... "Start taking it apart, starting with removing the trans." Out came the tools, and I started to pull the transmission. As soon as I grabbed the input shaft, I knew what the problem was instantly. The transmission was locked up... Put the trans on the bench, and start taking it apart. This is something I didn't think I'd need to do for a LONG time... Once the case was split, I didn't see anything inside the trans that looked out of place. I pulled the input shaft, and found the problem. The input shaft was locked up to the throw out bearing collar. A phone call to Liberty was in order. Was told to send the input shaft back to them. I sent it to them on a Wednesday night, and it arrived on Friday morning. Mike from Liberty called, and said that the ID of the throw out bearing collar was machined wrong, and the input shaft had rubbed just enough, that it welded itself to the collar. They fixed it free of charge, and sent the assembly back. Not thrilled to have to go through with all that, but Liberty made it right.

This spring, I still needed to install the clutch linkage in the car. While switching to the Liberty, I also moved the engine slightly forward, as I mounted the engine plate on the front side of the brackets in the engine compartment, instead of behind, like my old setup was. This changed the clutch linkage just enough to be a pain in the [censored]. Some modifications later, and it's in.

As luck would have it, a week or so ago, I charged the battery on the car, put, some Sunoco 112 in the fuel cell, then powered up the fuel pump to check for leaks. None in the engine compartment. None in the trunk. A huge puddle under the car. The fuel line I put on, less than 4 years ago, was leaking from multiple spots. I had to order some new line, and fittings. I switched to solid aluminum lines this time.

This last Tuesday, UPS delivered the fuel line fittings I needed to finish the install. Got everything done, and checked for leaks. Nothing! What a relief. I couldn't take the suspense any more, and crawled into the car, pumped the gas once, and rolled the engine over. The 563 fired up instantly. Holy S#!T, this thing sounds pi$$ed off! I ran the engine for a little while, getting it up to 140-150*, and ran it through the gears a couple times. The throw on the Liberty shifter, feels quite a bit less than the Jerico/LONG setup I ran for years before. Smooth as can be, and no CLUNKING, the Jerico made.

That's really the kind of detail I like to read about right there.

Re: Road Runner updates - 04/28/23 07:51 PM

Jeff,

Man! Fought you the entire way! I like how the ending to date has been positive. Jeff........SEND that bit*h! biggrin

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/04/23 01:12 PM

Man! Fought you the entire Jeff........SEND that bit*h! biggrin

Planning on sending it tomorrow Wes.

https://youtu.be/pYYiIVNWV6g

Attached picture MotovatorMay23-1small.jpg
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/04/23 02:12 PM

Good luck tomorrow Jeff!!!!

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/04/23 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Good luck tomorrow Jeff!!!!

Thanks Nick!
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/04/23 07:02 PM

I'm diggin the beautiful work on the underside in the rear end pix. And yes, a proper Dana too!

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/04/23 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by rickseeman
I'm diggin the beautiful work on the underside in the rear end pix. And yes, a proper Dana too!

It should have a proper Ford 9". If the Dana breaks, it's getting a 9" to replace it.

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/05/23 01:20 AM

Man! Fought you the entire Jeff........SEND that bit*h! biggrin

Planning on sending it tomorrow Wes.

https://youtu.be/pYYiIVNWV6g

Oh that sounds CRISPY! Nice! Good luck tomorrow, Jeff!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/05/23 01:45 AM

Sounds great/looks great. I'm sure it'll meet your expectations!
Posted By: second 70

Re: Road Runner updates - 05/05/23 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by rickseeman

It should have a proper Ford 9". If the Dana breaks, it's getting a 9" to replace it.

Jeff as tough as a well setup Dana is you might not ever have to buy that 9". Lol

Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums