Moparts

Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best?

Posted By: mxbeep

Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 06:00 PM

As the title says, i need to buy a set of hydraulic roller lifters for my RB build, i'm installing a Trick flow camshaft purchased from 440 Source and they recommend Comp hydraulic rollers.

My engine builder would prefer i avoid Comp lifters even if they are hydraulic rollers. So far i'm leaning towards Hughes lifters.

Your results and recommendations are very appreciated
Posted By: GY3

Re: Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 06:12 PM

Comp hydraulic rollers are garbage. Had a friend with some in his BB Dart and they made lots of noise. Swapped to Howards.

We used Howards (Morel) and they have been flawless. 7,000 miles over 6 years and hundreds of dragstrip passes.
Posted By: mxbeep

Re: Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
Comp hydraulic rollers are garbage. Had a friend with some in his BB Dart and they made lots of noise. Swapped to Howards.

We used Howards (Morel) and they have been flawless. 7,000 miles over 6 years and hundreds of dragstrip passes.

where did you purchase your Howards hydraulic rollers?

all i can find are solid rollers
Posted By: GY3

Re: Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by mxbeep
Originally Posted by GY3

where did you purchase your Howards hydraulic rollers?

all i can find are solid rollers

It's been long enough I honestly don't recall. I bought a lot of stuff from Competition Products but not sure that's where I bought these.

Edit: After looking at their website they show them but they are currently out of stock.
Posted By: mopar873

Re: Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 06:30 PM

Competition Products shows them out of stock, but it's still worth a call as the two businesses are more or less together.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 07:12 PM

Johnson lifters, NOT Johnson hylift
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Big block hydraulic roller lifters, which ones are best? - 04/13/22 08:08 PM

I have a set of BB hyd. roller lifters here from Scorpion that I got almost 10 years ago. Got them from Dan (DRAM) because he said they were good quality. I haven't used them so I can't speak on any personal experience.
© 2024 Moparts Forums