Moparts

Leaf springs

Posted By: cesar perez

Leaf springs - 03/24/22 10:58 PM

Anyone has information on fiberglass or composite leaf springs on a race car
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Leaf springs - 03/25/22 11:05 AM

I know of one very fast brand x car that ran them with CalTrac's. How long they last I don't know.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Leaf springs - 03/26/22 02:05 PM

Are you trying to get rid of weight or what is the goal
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Leaf springs - 03/26/22 04:21 PM

Those have always sounded like a band aid to me down
My choice would be either ladder bars or a four link with a floaters or a set of sliders on leaf springs or better yet coil overs rear shock suspension up wrench scope
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: Leaf springs - 03/26/22 07:08 PM

Save weight
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Leaf springs - 03/26/22 07:30 PM

An interesting concept would be mixing the springs a mono leaf in the front and fiberglass in the rear
Posted By: moparx

Re: Leaf springs - 03/31/22 05:14 PM

that may be an interesting experiment.
as i understand the workings of leaf springs, the front segment needs to be stiff enough to plant the tires [with help from the shocks], while the rear portion just holds up the vehicle.
am i thinking this correctly ? shruggy
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Leaf springs - 03/31/22 05:20 PM

Not really, the rear half of the springs help lift the rear up pushing down on the rear end.
I learned that by removing the stock rear clamps on my old 1963 Max Wedge Plymouth Belvedere leaf springs at the races up
That was before we got 60 ft. times and all the other info on todays time slips, we used video cameras and viewed them at home later on the T.V. scope
Posted By: moparx

Re: Leaf springs - 03/31/22 07:26 PM

you are correct Cab. up
i forgot about how the springs separate, and i have done the rear clamp removal countless times !
i need beat with a wet noodle for forgetting this !.......... spank
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums