Moparts

good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW

Posted By: domingo

good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/05/22 05:58 PM

Hello guys!!!

It has sure been a LONG WHILE since I posted here at moparts.

I think Im gonna be coming back more often.....now everything has moved over to social media.....lots of images, but very little useful content. social media SUCKS.

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with these rockers that are listed on ebay. They seem cheap for a complete setup, but make me wonder wether they are any good or not. Rocker arm failure on a 426 hemi would sure be an ugly and expensive event.

Should I be better off getting a good used OEM set of rockers and having them rebuilt by rocker arms specialsts instead????

This is for a bone stock rebuild. Link below wrench

ebay rockers
Posted By: bobby66

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/05/22 07:42 PM

"Seller does not accept returns" is a bit alarming. work
Posted By: Stanton

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/05/22 08:54 PM

Don't see why you wouldn't trust him, he's Canadian! If you have questions or concerns, phone him - his number is in his ad! And while he may not be accepting returns, he is offering a 1 year warranty !!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/05/22 09:13 PM

They are the best....I always get my premium racing parts from a premium third country with no returns......Hell I just bought a cell phone off e-barf, said it was unlocked and almost new, turns out it was reported stolen or lost, and it is locked by the carrier...Guess how long I have been fighting to get my money back on that? You should know better than this....

Call Barton or Indy and get a set....Don't mess around.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/05/22 10:01 PM

No idea.

Mancini has some for about half the former price of the old NS1 mopar performance rockers,
and (in pictures) they look very similar to the MP pieces of the past. I'd like to check those out
but completed the only mockup engine I had (guess I need to build another mockup engine).

Regardless of origin, there probably won't be any help offered if the parts fail......Be careful.....
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/05/22 10:04 PM

The Bartons are the best you can do.
Posted By: B1duster

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/06/22 09:15 AM

Those Ebay rockers are nice. I have some. I believe the mancini rockers are Canadian also
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/06/22 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by B1duster
Those Ebay rockers are nice. I have some. I believe the mancini rockers are Canadian also

B1duster, the description says aluminum stands, but are the actual rockers cast iron/steel or aluminum?

The individual ones Mancini sells states, "Made of SAE 1041 forged steel, featuring hardened valve tip pads (to help prevent scuffing) and internal bushings."
The rocker set (no stands or shafts) Mancini sells states, "4140 Chrome moly material."
Posted By: INTMD8

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/06/22 03:22 PM

Not sure what grade of cast iron/steel the ebay rockers are but definitely aren't aluminum.
Posted By: domingo

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/06/22 03:37 PM

I am gonna check those Mancini ones.....

The Bartons would be way overkill, defintely not needed on this build.

Rollers are nice, but being a stock rebuild I think Id prefer regular STOCK STYLE cast nodular iron non roller rockers. Less parts, less prone to failure. This is being done for a customer thats not a gearhead so, the most fool proof, the better.

I have heard the Indy HEMI rockers have some issues-? like lubrication issues? Never looked into those closely.

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/06/22 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 440Jim
Originally Posted by B1duster

B1duster, the description says aluminum stands, but are the actual rockers cast iron/steel or aluminum?

The individual ones Mancini sells states, "Made of SAE 1041 forged steel, featuring hardened valve tip pads (to help prevent scuffing) and internal bushings."
The rocker set (no stands or shafts) Mancini sells states, "4140 Chrome moly material."

Check out the assembly’s from Massachusetts with the purple stands on eBay. $1600
Mancini $2100

Attached picture 9CA9B291-E51E-49BE-B368-75E13B07D7C2.png
Attached picture A9887E88-08A0-4F45-8CA1-CABF124193DE.png
Posted By: 73DAD

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/07/22 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by domingo
I am gonna check those Mancini ones.....

The Bartons would be way overkill, defintely not needed on this build.

Rollers are nice, but being a stock rebuild I think Id prefer regular STOCK STYLE cast nodular iron non roller rockers. Less parts, less prone to failure. This is being done for a customer thats not a gearhead so, the most fool proof, the better.

I have heard the Indy HEMI rockers have some issues-? like lubrication issues? Never looked into those closely.

Na, the Indy rockers are fine. I used them on the block I bought off you years ago actually. They're still working, thousands of miles later.

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/07/22 02:23 PM

4140 Chrome moly material

I don't think chromoly can be formed that way so I don't "think" they're chromoly. The rockers are either forged steel or cast iron and I don't think they're forged either. Most rockers that look like that are nodular iron.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/07/22 04:45 PM

There are areas where you can safely go with the inexpensive part.
I don't know that rocker arms is one of them.
If they can't document materials and manufacturing processes ( heat treat ) , I would be leery.
Very curious how the " no returns " thing works with the one year warranty.

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/07/22 10:23 PM

No returns means nothing. If you’re not happy with the product, doesn’t match description, before using it, you can return for a refund

Re: good or not? Ebay 426 Hemi Rocker Assy BRAND NEW - 02/08/22 01:54 PM

Very curious how the " no returns " thing works with the one year warranty.

Well the answer is only a phone call away !!
© 2024 Moparts Forums