Moparts

Holley squirter question

Posted By: 68LAR

Holley squirter question - 01/14/22 07:15 PM

Which is better, straight or tube type and why?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 02:57 AM

I would try both to see what YOUR motor likes scope twocents
The ones with the nozzles sticking out into the air stream probably make a finer mixture boogie
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 03:27 AM

Don't the tube type tend to introduce fuel as air flow increases? The tubes extend into the air stream slightly allowing the air flow to exert pull on the openings. Where as the straight does not.

www.cnc-motorsports.com/aed-5531-holley-accelerator-pump-squirters-tube-type-031-2-per-pk-29892.html

www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54922
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 05:10 AM

If they were any better than these I think more cabs would be equiped that way. Below are some squirter pullover videos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OKgYEZCqlbc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cim0bX5nY-E

Tube dischange style squirters might help as long as they don't cause degrade the flow characteristics of the venturi.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Don't the tube type tend to introduce fuel as air flow increases? The tubes extend into the air stream slightly allowing the air flow to exert pull on the openings. Where as the straight does not.

www.cnc-motorsports.com/aed-5531-holley-accelerator-pump-squirters-tube-type-031-2-per-pk-29892.html

From the cnc motorsports link:

"We recommend Tube squirters when additional top end fuel enrichment is required."

Now I might have to test that theory. Very interesting topic.
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah

From the cnc motorsports link:

"We recommend Tube squirters when additional top end fuel enrichment is required."

Now I might have to test that theory. Very interesting topic.

From looking at those video's, it looks to me like the straight type is pulling fuel ?
Posted By: topside

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 04:32 PM

I had a "pullover" issue using the extended-tube-type on the primaries on my SB drag motor.
Replacing them with the flat style cured it.
That was a worked-over 850DP on 368CI W2, FWIW.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 06:54 PM

Apparently there are different weight balls and needle valves to help control that, too.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 07:28 PM

Apparently there are different weight balls and needle valves to help control that, too.
up grin
Posted By: CSK

Re: Holley squirter question - 01/15/22 08:37 PM

I use the anti siphon ones,

Attached picture Screenshot (2).png
© 2024 Moparts Forums