Moparts

looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo

Posted By: Highwaystar2

looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/07/22 07:53 PM

I have a 5 gallon cell installed. Looking for a good Fuel pump, filter, regulator combo to run. What's been working good for you Race guys. Currently have an old Holley blue pump and Fram filter. Application is for a 600 HP W2 Small block in a small A-body. Hoping there is something out there a lot quieter than the old Holley blue pumps that will give good performance.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/07/22 08:19 PM

For 600hp Holley black pumps have been ok, we had an Eddybrock that had adjustable line pressure, we liked that too.......You might need a better regulator though....As the Holley will blow right thru one of the older ones.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/07/22 08:29 PM

Magnafuel #275, #300 or their all-out best N/A race pump 500GPM twocentsup scope
I've used the 275 and 300 pumps without their filters on my old pump gas Duster with really good results, my new car has their #500 pump and filter up
Those pumps are good for both street and racing only scope

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/07/22 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Magnafuel #275, #300 or their all-out best N/A race pump 500GPM twocentsup scope
I've used the 275 and 300 pumps without their filters on my old pump gas Duster with really good results, my new car has their #500 pump and filter up
Those pumps are good for both street and racing only scope

I would not buy a Magnaleak......I have owned three now. Not fun at all. In fact, I am about ready to put the 500 with filter up for sale. It was just rebuilt.
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/07/22 09:42 PM

WELDON pump aeromotive filter shutoff
magnafuel leaked after 2 seasons

Attached picture vmyzafyk1yf7.jpg

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/08/22 02:59 PM

Anyone have any good opinions on the Edelbrock pumps? Its advertised as quiet.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/08/22 03:19 PM

You might want to check out an Aeromotive SS fuel pump. It should handle your 600 hp with ease! Good luck! wave
Posted By: moparx

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/08/22 07:31 PM

i am thinking of an aeromotive pump install in my new stainless tank i got for my charger.
beer
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/08/22 11:50 PM

For years I've always run MagnaFuel (MagnaFlow) Pro Star 500 or Product Engineering PE 4450 pumps with no issues whatsoever. Weldon makes quality pumps, if you can find one that fits your budget/application/needs. For your combo, I'd run an Aeromotive A1000 or A2000 pump/add Aeromotive Filter. Both are good to use multiple fuel types.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/10/22 05:50 PM

IMO NOTHING better than the Weldon stuff. But the price usually hits folks a little hard. But they are the best, if they are good enough for plance and space probably ok for a racecar.

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/11/22 09:59 PM

The Aeromotive A1000 looks like it may be the chicken dinner winner. Any other thoughts on Pumps, for a lower budget racer looking for quiet pump?
Anyone that has a A 1000 pump, are they loud?

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/11/22 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Highwaystar2
The Aeromotive A1000 looks like it may be the chicken dinner winner. Any other thoughts on Pumps, for a lower budget racer looking for quiet pump?
Anyone that has a A 1000 pump, are they loud?

I really like the A1000 pumps....Never had an issue with all the street miles, and they are very efficient. And they work well with efi or carburated...
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/12/22 01:47 AM

A1000 works good in one on my cars. Just wondering if you intend to use a lot more HP in the car If you go beyond what you intend now it would be good for any future endeavor that has a lot more HP.
Posted By: 65Fury440

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/12/22 06:59 AM

I use an A1000 in a 15 gallon cell, works great, quiet too.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/12/22 11:45 AM

I would call Aeromotive and see what they suggest, with only 5gal I'd be concerned with having too much pump.
Posted By: moparx

Re: looking for a good race fuel pump and filter combo - 01/12/22 07:38 PM

too much pump ? shruggy
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums