Moparts

Pro stock 2022

Posted By: Alan Prusiensky

Pro stock 2022 - 12/23/21 08:54 PM

Hi guys just wanted to check to let everyone know what we been up to. I felt we really made some good improvement last couple of races. Unfortunately money is pretty tight this off season. I haven't been able to do much except fix the trailer and work on one motor basically 10 Dyno pulls. I been working in different places to help are team. I got two racers to rent the second car for the first 3 races of the year. I think everyone is going to be excited on that. They are top quality drivers with a big fan base. I also don't want to be a downer and the engine deal the motor I dynoed is 20 average better than the one I raced with last year. It has a lot of tq so we will be faster no doubt.
So again keep a eye on us and if anyone wants to put a sticker on the car let us now.
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/23/21 09:30 PM

Keep up the hard work. Can't wait to see the progress this year !!
Alllan G.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/23/21 10:01 PM

Alan are you supplying the engine for the leased car? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/23/21 10:02 PM

Yes I would not rent a car without one of my engines in it.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/23/21 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Prusiensky
Yes I would not rent a car without one of my engines in it.

Great. Now hopefully you guys share some info to speed the learning curve.
Posted By: TimS

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/24/21 11:19 AM

Thanks for the update Alan. All your hard work will pay off.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/25/21 06:36 AM

Do a moparts go fund me type thing?
Posted By: jwb123

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/25/21 03:13 PM

Just curious, how do you feel about the new AFX class, and the possible adoption of it to replace current prostock? I mean with the time and money you are investing to try and compete in the current format, and all the time they might pull out the rug in a year or so.

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/25/21 03:26 PM

I don't think it will take over pro stock. I do think it'll probably take over factory shootout. I don't really have any interest in it my thing is always been N/A engines and that's what keeps me motivated.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/25/21 04:24 PM

I sure hope it does over take PS it’s boring watching 1 Dodge and 15 Chevy racing every WK mopar wants nothing to due with PS ford has no interest in PS the mustang have a Chevy motor in them I used to love Ps but it’s a Chevy show now so at least the new class has all the manufacturers not get Chevy crap
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Pro stock 2022 - 12/25/21 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Prusiensky
I don't think it will take over pro stock. I do think it'll probably take over factory shootout. I don't really have any interest in it my thing is always been N/A engines and that's what keeps me motivated.

*applause*

The boosted stuff has taken over just about everything. PS is the top of the heap for NA power as far as I'm concerned. I'm still a fan, but I miss the old Gidden/Johnson/RMS days.

Interesting to me also that some of that tech is filtering down to the Stock/Super Stock area.

You have any interest in the Mountain Motor/PDRA/Extreme Pro Stock deal? There's a good mix of manufacturers there and it's been fun to watch the race to the 3s. Looks like old school Pro Stock with the independent teams and guys owning their own stuff as opposed to all the rent-a-rides. Are those cars any more affordable to run?

From the local bracket guy, to S/SS sportsman, to the Pro classes, money has always been an issue. It's all relative, and it's getting more expensive every day. We all have to fight that fight. Good luck next year. We appreciate you..
© 2024 Moparts Forums