Moparts

Moroso gold valve covers

Posted By: stroked470

Moroso gold valve covers - 12/06/21 05:02 PM

I am getting ready to install a set of Moroso Gold valve covers on my 440. What are my options to hook up a PCV or other crankcase evacuation without installing some sort of baffle. I know a PCV will pull oil out with no baffle in them.
Posted By: randavis

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/06/21 05:44 PM

You could use valve cover spacers, but they are pricey. Medice Mfg makes them. I have a set on my 511 RB with the old cast aluminum M/T valve covers which have baffels in both sides.
I run the Hughes aluminum roler tip rockers on a Comp cam with .595 lift and have plenty of clearance.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/06/21 06:06 PM

maybe use one of those oil vapor catch cans intended for new engines plumbed inline with the PVC ?
beer

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/06/21 08:23 PM

I didnt even think about a catch can. Ill look at some.
Posted By: krautrock

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/06/21 09:35 PM

I used some of the grommets that I had to cut a hole in for the breather and I didn't cut a large enough hole. crankcase pressure built up and I ended up with oil all over my motor after cruising on the highway (the dipstick spewed).
I started thinking about the old chrome Moroso covers I might use on a big block, no baffles.

I might see if I can fab something like this...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...VLTNWx0te1BTMbmrw-mdcYrQizRoC8y8QAvD_BwE

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/07/21 02:18 PM

years ago i had a 470 with Indy 440-1 heads and used there valve covers. There were no baffles in them so i used epoxy and stuck a set of Moroso baffles in them so i could use the exhaust evac setup. I never had any problems but i dont think i want to rely on epoxy on a street car.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/08/21 05:38 AM

Run a Chrysler style baffled breather with a good amount of steel/baffling in it (the Moroso screw on type are great) and then run a GM type (straight) PCV in line to the carb.
Posted By: B Dartman

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/08/21 11:08 AM

Those valve covers look great but warp easily if over torqued even the slightest. Go lightly on the bolt tightening.

drive
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Moroso gold valve covers - 12/11/21 04:20 PM

I agree what I did to remedy this prob was to siliconed in some billet 3/8 valve cover spacers, not only do they look great but they seal like billet valve covers now
© 2024 Moparts Forums