Moparts

Trick Flow Track Heat Flow

Posted By: GTX MATT

Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 04:07 AM

Does anyone have any flow data for the trick flow track heat intake for RBs?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 04:41 AM

I don't have any flow data but I have enough dyno data to know it works better than anything else on the market. The Victor is a close second but not quite as good. A 4500 intake will make more power if the engine needs a 4500 carb.
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 04:45 AM

Looks like the M1

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I don't have any flow data but I have enough dyno data to know it works better than anything else on the market. The Victor is a close second but not quite as good. A 4500 intake will make more power if the engine needs a 4500 carb.

That makes sense - Hughes has data on the Victor and it flows about 314 CFM avg according to them, I’m guessing the trick flow intake is pretty close but maybe a bit better? Pretty much every other std port intake is under 300.

According to Hughes the intake needs to flow as much as 20% better than the cylinder head to not restrict power, but it looks like the only way to get there with a std port manifold is with porting. Hughes says their stage 2 Victor goes 370, which I guess would still limit power if they’re right about the 20% head room shruggy

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 04:03 PM

How much power are you trying to make? The Trick Flow intake will support 700 hp. If you want more than 700 hp then you'll need a different intake or else some serious porting.

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 04:22 PM

As much as I can!

Realistically will not be anywhere near 700 HP, I’m adding a set of PowerPort 240s to my engine because it needs valve guides. Cam is a 254@.050 SFT, only .520 lift. I just don’t want to give up any power with a sub par intake. Stock stroke 440 @ 10.5:1. I’m guessing this should be in the upper 500 range. I care more about how much I pick up over the Sealths I have on there now, wishing and hoping and thinking and praying it should be a 50-75 HP gain.
Posted By: cuda499

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 05:55 PM

How much power are you trying to make? The Trick Flow intake will support 700 hp. If you want more than 700 hp then you'll need a different intake or else some serious porting.

They can make more then 700, all though the porting will help greatly. Went 4.75@147 and 3200lbs with a victor head and nitrous this year.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by GTX MATT
As much as I can!

Realistically will not be anywhere near 700 HP, I’m adding a set of PowerPort 240s to my engine because it needs valve guides. Cam is a 254@.050 SFT, only .520 lift. I just don’t want to give up any power with a sub par intake. Stock stroke 440 @ 10.5:1. I’m guessing this should be in the upper 500 range. I care more about how much I pick up over the Sealths I have on there now, wishing and hoping and thinking and praying it should be a 50-75 HP gain.

Are the Stealths ported ?

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 08:22 PM

No OOTB
Posted By: CSK

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 09:13 PM

10-4

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/26/21 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by GTX MATT
As much as I can!

You should be fine with an ootb TF intake. If you want a little extra power for a little extra money then order the intake from Hughes Engines and have them deep port the intake. The Hughes deep intake porting is a good value for the buck. I assume you're using a Holley carb of some type? If so, then a merge spacer under the carb will also help make some more power as long as you have the room.
Posted By: RalleyA12

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/27/21 04:26 AM

AndyF, Not to steal this thread but how does the 337 manifold compare assuming the ports were matched ?
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/27/21 01:46 PM

Match the ports?
The 337 is MW size....... the Track Heat is std port size.

An ootb Track Heat was good enough to support 680hp on a stock stroke 440 with std port heads.

I can’t see it being much of a restriction on something making roughly 100hp less.

Re: Trick Flow Track Heat Flow - 10/27/21 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by RalleyA12

AndyF, Not to steal this thread but how does the 337 manifold compare assuming the ports were matched ?

The 337 is a MW intake and it is good for 800 hp as cast. The 337 works much better than it looks. I did a fair amount of dyno testing with the 337 a few years back and we were always surprised with how much power that intake would make. But that was on a race engine with MW size Indy EZ heads.
© 2024 Moparts Forums