Moparts

Anyone going to Beech Bend?

Posted By: 69dart

Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 05:12 PM

Since I'm no longer on farcebook figured I'd check here if anyone is heading to Beech Bend this weekend?
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 05:23 PM

Moparty?
Yes, i am going, went last year too.
Had more fun there than at Norwalk for Monster Mopar.
Great event, well worth the effort to get there
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 05:29 PM

How's the drive down there?

We are debating taking the truck and getting a hotel vs the big rv.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 07:12 PM

Several of us from the St.Louis MO area will be there.

Some racing (I'm entered in the stick class) and some doing the car show.

It's a great event at a great facility. twocents

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by 69dart
How's the drive down there?

We are debating taking the truck and getting a hotel vs the big rv.

I take I65 onece i get to Indy from Michigan, right down to exit 28 in Bowling Green. All of 65 in Kentucky is 3 lanes each way.
That said, from Louisville down to almost Elizabethtown, it is quite bumpy at times, then it smooths out.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 09:56 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...en-september-17-19-2021.html#Post2954264

Dennis
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 10:15 PM

I’ll be there, arriving Friday.
Posted By: beeliever

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/12/21 10:56 PM

Yes!! Definitely going, went last year and had a great time! Can not recommend it enough! Nice people and awesome facility too!
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/13/21 02:40 AM

Im going, will run NSS, weather looking pretty decent right now
Posted By: 4mopower

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/14/21 12:23 AM

How is the swap meet at the event?

Any recommendations on places to stay or NOT stay?

Thanks
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/14/21 06:57 PM

I went last year... ran the Grand Champion competition (mostly pylon autocross, and drag racing... and dyno pull)... BEST Mopar event EVER!

They are expecting over 400% participant increase this year. ON-LINE pre-reg is REQUIRED for everyone... participants, spectators, etc. Just do it before you get to their gates.

I pre-reg'd as soon as it opened cpl months ago.... on line.. Grand Champion competition. They have the Grand Champion competitors do the pylon autocrossing during the daytime, then they have special early evening slot for them to do the drag racing. Dyno-pull can be done anytime.. or at lunch is best.

The vehicle show area is not as big as Colombus or Carlisle, but they'll probably have to expand the area to allow more show vehicles. Check out their web-site for lots of details.

Hotels aren't cheap.. most are nearly sold out... but vacancies should be found. everything is close to the track... 20 minutes away typical. Clarion hotel was low-cost... my group is staying there.

Swap meet isn't very large, but it should grow in size this year.
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/15/21 12:33 AM

my daughter went to college in Bowling Green at Western Kentucky. We found a bed and breakfast there called Spongie Acres. It was close to the track. He was a drag racer and has a finished shop that your truck and trailer will fit in. We always asked for the basement as it has a pool table, game room and wide screen tv, If someone is looking for a place to stay they will treat you like royalty. Birdtracker
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/15/21 01:00 AM

yes i am going. feel free to stop by and say hi.

Attached picture white-hot-steve-heills-nostalgia-super-stock-1964-dodge-330-2020-06-18_13-07-10_413816.jpg
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/15/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by birdtracker
my daughter went to college in Bowling Green at Western Kentucky. We found a bed and breakfast there called Spongie Acres. It was close to the track. He was a drag racer and has a finished shop that your truck and trailer will fit in. We always asked for the basement as it has a pool table, game room and wide screen tv, If someone is looking for a place to stay they will treat you like royalty. Birdtracker
We’ve been here in BG for a few years and I’d never heard of that place. I just looked it up and it seemed really nice, then I saw this.

Dennis

Attached picture D24CD0F0-BE15-4C59-874E-DAD84039FCF1.png
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/15/21 08:32 PM

I called and left a message to see if they have any rooms. I have to figure the new owners are still using it as a bed and breakfast. Birdtracker

Re: Anyone going to Beech Bend? - 09/15/21 10:12 PM

Getting saddled up now..head out in the morning
Looking forward to seeing how much it has grown from last year
© 2024 Moparts Forums