Moparts

Finally made a 10 second pass

Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 04:16 PM

10.92@122mph. 1.54 +60ft

Attached picture 20180616_133443.jpg
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 04:24 PM

Very clean and stealth. up up What's the combo? Sneaky with the blower underhood.

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 04:31 PM

Old Dick Landy kit.
440, Stage 6 heads.500 lift solid. Tight 10" converter, 3.73 gear.
Street toy.
Started out wanted a cheap 12 second car......😂
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 04:46 PM

Nice ride! up
Posted By: GY3

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 04:49 PM

Awesome!

Always fun to be able to say you have a street car that runs 10's.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 04:53 PM

Nice job.

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 05:13 PM

Thanks Tom
Ran 6.93 @99.42 in the 1/8th.
Posted By: carnut68

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
Awesome!

Always fun to be able to say you have a street car that runs 10's.
It sure is.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 06:00 PM

Congratulations! Beautiful car beer

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 06:27 PM

Thanks.
Took a lot to sort out everything.
Drives wonderful and stays cool
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 6bblFLASH
10.92@122mph. 1.54 +60ft
. Sweeeeeeet😂😂😂👍
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/11/21 10:59 PM

Nice up You at 42 or Quaker in that shot?

Gus beer
Posted By: markz528

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 02:50 AM

Congrats!

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
Nice up You at 42 or Quaker in that shot?

Gus beer

Quaker.....
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 04:57 AM

Congrats and what a beautiful car!!! Love it! 10 secs is a fast ride.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 04:58 AM

Amazing the power a blower can make, huh devil up
How much boost and at what RPM?
Posted By: tex013

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 05:04 AM

Great effort

Tex

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Makes 6lbs of boost spinning it 163% overdriven.
Friday night was launching at 1,400....shifting at 5,300....trapping at 5,400rpm.
After listening to the videos my wife took. I can see it is under converterd.
Really drops on the gear changes and of course could use more RPM everywhere.
It runs good without much thought.....11.30's🤔
A 10.92 was a real thrash.🤑🤑🤑
5 different cams,,,3 different torque converters, 2 sets of headers, 2 gear ratios,2 different piston sets,many....many carb. and fuel system modifications, ignition etc.....🤦‍♂️
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 02:08 PM

Nice car! I always liked the Cuda too. Not your typical builds.

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 03:16 PM

Thanks.
Yes the road less traveled....🏃‍♂️
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 05:29 PM

6bblFLASH that is an awesome machine! Love the turquoise with white interior. Thank you for sharing and keep having fun up

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Schultz62
6bblFLASH that is an awesome machine! Love the turquoise with white interior. Thank you for sharing and keep having fun up

Thanks. 👋

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 06:31 PM

Any chance you would put a Jericho in it? Just wondering as I am a dedicated shift your own guy. I don't know squat about automatics.

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 07:41 PM

Any chance you would put a Jericho in it? Just wondering as I am a dedicated shift your own guy. I don't know squat about automatics.

You know I have thought about it.
Have a G Force in the Cuda.

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 08:20 PM

Hmm...reading your bottom posts I believe with your experience you can make it happen. Says stick shift champion up Let it eat with no more converter b.s. slippage in the equasion. I know I don't know you at all and I don't know your ride. I do know I love the car and I believe a 4 or 5 speed will wake it up grin

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 09:05 PM

Hmm...reading your bottom posts I believe with your experience you can make it happen. Says stick shift champion up Let it eat with no more converter b.s. slippage in the equasion. I know I don't know you at all and I don't know your ride. I do know I love the car and I believe a 4 or 5 speed will wake it up grin

Thanks bud...
You know I could use a "life coach"...like the way you think...😂

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 09:43 PM

Ha! Thank you. Hell I wouldn't even charge anything to be a 'life coach'. I love when people are successful. Only thing I know is life always kicks you in the seeds. Seeing people succeed makes me happy. Your success with your tourquise car is incredible and I love to hear about it. I post on here and it makes me feel good. Suggesting Blusmbl should run an 8-71 makes me smile. Not my money grin HardcoreB I love the build and like I said the car looks 'pissed and ready to eat'. Everyone should take a look at Hooligans projects!! We are a community. Sadly losing gents everyday. It's not about posting activity. Hell...I have been here since the Dallas board. I quit logging in for awhile but was drawn back because I love Mopars. I love the people here. Granted I am not brand specific per se but I enjoy Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, AMC the most.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/12/21 11:38 PM

Ha! Thank you. Hell I wouldn't even charge anything to be a 'life coach'. I love when people are successful. Only thing I know is life always kicks you in the seeds. Seeing people succeed makes me happy. Your success with your tourquise car is incredible and I love to hear about it. I post on here and it makes me feel good. Suggesting Blusmbl should run an 8-71 makes me smile. Not my money grin HardcoreB I love the build and like I said the car looks 'pissed and ready to eat'. Everyone should take a look at Hooligans projects!! We are a community. Sadly losing gents everyday. It's not about posting activity. Hell...I have been here since the Dallas board. I quit logging in for awhile but was drawn back because I love Mopars. I love the people here. Granted I am not brand specific per se but I enjoy Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, AMC the most.

Jeez, the Dallas board was what '96, '97-ish?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/13/21 12:18 PM

Very nice running and beautiful car! up
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/13/21 01:59 PM

It was great to see your car make those passes in the cool air at Quaker City this past Friday night. My buddy and I knew that you were hiding something under that hood as we saw the mid-track charge and heard the scream of a ?blower? from the stands. I figured you were running a belt-driven centrifugal (ProCharger) since the hood was flat. We had to go track you down so we could check it out and see what you had going on there. So we walked up to the top of the stands and watched you come back down the return road and got a general idea where you were pitted at. Then we found you and started to chat. I was pretty surprised to see that DLI/B&M Blower setup on what looked to be Stage VI heads. But it was a RB Block and there were no spacers ... that kinda threw me off a bit. That's a pretty unique combo you have there. Nice to see you getting a handle on the tune.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/13/21 04:12 PM

Thanks.
Yes the road less traveled....🏃‍♂️

Funny how we both think like that. Ran a 6.98 in the wagon(4120 lbs) at Mag and had all kinds of people in my pit. Lol
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/13/21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Makes 6lbs of boost spinning it 163% overdriven.
Friday night was launching at 1,400....shifting at 5,300....trapping at 5,400rpm.
After listening to the videos my wife took. I can see it is under converterd.
Really drops on the gear changes and of course could use more RPM everywhere.
It runs good without much thought.....11.30's🤔
A 10.92 was a real thrash.🤑🤑🤑
5 different cams,,,3 different torque converters, 2 sets of headers, 2 gear ratios,2 different piston sets,many....many carb. and fuel system modifications, ignition etc.....🤦‍♂️

Your doing what it takes to go faster, hard work and testing many different parts bow up

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/13/21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by rumblefish72
It was great to see your car make those passes in the cool air at Quaker City this past Friday night. My buddy and I knew that you were hiding something under that hood as we saw the mid-track charge and heard the scream of a ?blower? from the stands. I figured you were running a belt-driven centrifugal (ProCharger) since the hood was flat. We had to go track you down so we could check it out and see what you had going on there. So we walked up to the top of the stands and watched you come back down the return road and got a general idea where you were pitted at. Then we found you and started to chat. I was pretty surprised to see that DLI/B&M Blower setup on what looked to be Stage VI heads. But it was a RB Block and there were no spacers ... that kinda threw me off a bit. That's a pretty unique combo you have there. Nice to see you getting a handle on the tune.

Thanks.
Nice meeting you and Don.👋
I'll take all the attention it gets....only took 40 years to be noticed......🙈
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/14/21 11:10 AM

Killer ride. I love eveything about it! The old school DLI kit is really neat.

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/18/21 11:15 PM

wave
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/29/21 01:20 AM

I remember selling you that kit. I bought it directly from Dandy Dick himself and his sin Robert was great in helping me get the timing and jetting right. i tell you it was a blast driving from Charlotte NC to Columbus for the Mopr nats and back with the blown 70 charger 4 speed and no hood...back in the summer of 1989! I raced a Porsche 928 on the way home, or less just say his "flash to pass" on I-77 was..... unsuccessful drive

I'd love to find a small block version and De-tune the Rocky for street use with that blower and put a tighter vert and gears in it....I might do a twin turbo and use a tunnel ram instard tho.

Congrats! I Really enjoyed W-mailing you a week or so ago!
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Finally made a 10 second pass - 09/29/21 02:14 AM

Congrats! It is so rewarding to kick down a major barrier. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums