Moparts

why? no race cars on the market

Posted By: mcat4321

why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 07:14 PM

i had a wanted ad up for a solid CM roller all month with only 1 reply, why are there no rollers or runners for sale?
tracks are closing all over the place, yet no one is selling . no one is getting younger , they have to be out there, but where?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 07:35 PM

Maybe they all sell as fast as they are put up for sale? I sold my Duster in 24 hours on Craigslist. It was more of a pro street car than a race car but it could've been used as a race car without too much work. It had a CM roll bar in it along with SFI belts and other safety gear.

Attached picture DSC_4654 (Large).JPG
Posted By: AndyF

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 07:54 PM

How about this '71 Scamp for $9000. Seems like a great deal for a running drag car. Even has W2 heads.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-1971-plymouth-scamp-drag-car/7354994008.html
Posted By: topside

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 08:09 PM

Mine has been for sale for some time, but most who inquire want to put it on the street.
I've explained so many times why its drivetrain is not street stuff, I should have a recording.
Everyone who knows the car thinks it's a good deal, so I don't think price is the issue.
There's a lot of racecars on the market, just look at RacingJunk.
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 08:58 PM

Is it Covid? Mask mandates coming back because of the the new variants. I still work from home after about 2 years. I have been looking for a 62 Dart wagon. Nothing. My take is most people are hunkered down. Waiting out rising inflation and hoping actual buying power returns.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Mine has been for sale for some time, but most who inquire want to put it on the street.
I've explained so many times why its drivetrain is not street stuff, I should have a recording.
Everyone who knows the car thinks it's a good deal, so I don't think price is the issue.
There's a lot of racecars on the market, just look at RacingJunk.

Why would you tell them otherwise? If they read the description, and it clearly states what the car is, the only thing you should care about is if the money is green. What this sport defines as a street car varies person to person, don't try to interpret the definition for someone else. All you can do is be completely honest and straight forward, let them use it as they see fit.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/01/21 11:59 PM

I know of a 64 Dodge with a 512 laying around..... whistling
Posted By: bigdad

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 12:01 AM

62 dodge hardtop on facebook for $17,500 ...our ads here at one time were the best, but, the website being so full of ads ect .. chased everyone off
Posted By: weedlayer

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 12:13 AM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274882404021
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 01:14 AM

I believe he is looking for a 6.0 or 7.50 car with a tigged moly cage and a funny car cage. Not a mig welded 8.50 car. Birdtracker
Posted By: jughed

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by bigdad
62 dodge hardtop on facebook for $17,500 ...our ads here at one time were the best, but, the website being so full of ads ect .. chased everyone off

Exactly!!!... This is no longer the site to buy/sell cars or parts. Many other sites and social media tools are available. The ad count has dropped since a lot of potential buyers/sellers don't want to deal with the Infolink crap to post anything on this site.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 11:53 AM

This one looks nice but it is hard to know what he is exactly looking for. Maybe he should ask Al Aguire he seems to come across some nice stuff. I don't think there is a lot of 6.0 or 7.5 mopar chassis cars to begin with

Stratus
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 12:09 PM

The percentage of CM cars vs stock/back half cars is small. My local track has 100-150 cars on a regular points race day. Between Pro and Super Pro there might be a handful of CM chassis door cars and not 1 of them is a Mopar product. Even with tracks closing, typically the guys that can afford a full CM car aren't necessarily scrapping the bottom of the barrel living pay check to pay check so those guys are more likely to travel to a track if their local track closes. Like anything there are cars out there, but finding one can be difficult depending on your want list.
Posted By: BDW

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 12:50 PM

What is a CM car? Chrome Moly rollcage?
Posted By: Dragula

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 12:58 PM

The ONLY reason mine is for sale is to raise money to move to Tennessee in the next year or two. I have two solid offers on it in the last week, and I am pretty sure I will regret selling it.

Are there faster cars? Yeah, Are there better setup cars? I doubt it...Is it easy to work on? Very....And its all legal to 8.50....Car repeated all last weekend within .01 and I went to the Semi's where I bulbed it on a .491 red light...Two race outings, and three finishes in the Semi's...Double entered first major outing.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BDW
What is a CM car? Chrome Moly rollcage?

The complete frame, suspension and cage should be chrome moly, mine is up
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/02/21 05:03 PM

You have to beat the bushes. Go to the track. Network. Lots of cars been sold word of mouth. People don't want to deal with scammers, low ballers, idiots and time wasters they attract with ads, regardless where they are posted. Cars that guys will sell but aren't advertising them.

Nice cars, ex-Pro Stockers, Top Sportsman, etc. I know of several that were bought. Never advertised. Don't know any now, but have been out of touch lately.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/04/21 07:54 PM

My car is for sale all moly roller

Attached picture Cart-Car3.jpg
Posted By: jwb123

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/05/21 02:04 AM

My Buddy is trying to sell this car. 1962 Dodge Dart 2dr sedan. Narrowed Dana, 4 Link, wilwood Disc Brakes, Tubular front suspension, Rack & pinion steering, set up for blown Hemi and Glide. Fiberglass hood, deck, and bumpers. Original steel parts are painted and included. Beautiful aluminum work on interior! Cage certified at 8.50. Weld wheels, bars and chute. $19k or best offer. his email procarmwr@hotmail.com

Attached picture 62dodge.jpeg
Posted By: bellenbeast

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/05/21 02:14 AM

It's not just you who wanted one, I'm sure that a lot of car enthusiasts are searching for it.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/05/21 03:58 AM

Well, I’ve been wanting to sell mine but just have not had time to get it cleaned to list. It’s a 92 dodge Stealth all chromoly. It runs 5.6 in the 1/8 and 8.80 in the quarter with a 500 chi low deck B1. I guess I should pm him.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/05/21 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by fastmark
Well, I’ve been wanting to sell mine but just have not had time to get it cleaned to list. It’s a 92 dodge Stealth all chromoly. It runs 5.6 in the 1/8 and 8.80 in the quarter with a 500 chi low deck B1. I guess I should pm him.

List it.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/05/21 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by BloFish
Originally Posted by fastmark

List it.

It will be at least a month now before I can. I’m going on a short 10 day trip and the car is the back of the shop with the front clip off. It would not make a good add like it sits.
Posted By: rvw

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/07/21 08:05 PM

I have a 64 Plymouth Belvedere post car for sale.605 all aluminum Hemi. Chrome moly leaf spring car. Beautiful car best of everything only 10 passes on the car. Black with red interior. Sorry I can 't post pictures. $95,000
Posted By: dart games

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/08/21 12:32 AM

i have mine posted,on here,racingjunk,for a bodys only,i get no replys i wont post on the market place facebook
Posted By: jcc

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/09/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Schultz62
Is it Covid? Mask mandates coming back because of the the new variants. I still work from home after about 2 years. I have been looking for a 62 Dart wagon. Nothing. My take is most people are hunkered down. Waiting out rising inflation and hoping actual buying power returns.

You have a PM regarding the above.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/11/21 12:00 AM

Mine will be for sale soon most likely on BaT, just need to do a motor swap, but then again mines slow 8.50 car so not what you want.....

Attached picture 9peMs_8w.jpeg
Posted By: moetown

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/12/21 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
You have to beat the bushes. Go to the track. Network. Lots of cars been sold word of mouth. People don't want to deal with scammers, low ballers, idiots and time wasters they attract with ads, regardless where they are posted. Cars that guys will sell but aren't advertising them.

Nice cars, ex-Pro Stockers, Top Sportsman, etc. I know of several that were bought. Never advertised. Don't know any now, but have been out of touch lately.

I bought a bickel monte carlo last october on RJ. I posted on my FB page that I might be selling one of my other cars to clear some room. A buddy in detroit saw that and bought my 70 challenger project, 6.0 cert, CM car, within a week. I never advertised it for sale anywhere, wasn't really sure that was the car I even wanted to sell.
Of course last month I bought a 54 ford truck, CM double frame rail, 6.0 cert, a deal I couldn't pass up, and of course I had that extra spot in the garage. grin
I am now mopar less, unless you count my ram pick up.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/13/21 01:21 AM

Street cars are slim pickins too. My dragline has dislodged a few. Going to see one this weekend that was unadvertised. I’m also finding in my network there are tons of guys out there looking for cars. Every single one of us is being super picky with the high prices. You just can’t get into a car with problems or that you aren’t 100% into when prices are so high. Used to be high prices brought cars out of the woodwork. Hasn’t been that way in the covid era.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/13/21 03:52 PM

I have sold two 6.0 cert cars this year already and purchased another. Three if you count the dragster. They are out there believe me.Both the ones I sold sold in a matter of hours and for REALLY good money by word of mouth. One as a roller the other T/K. The dragster was not advertised and someone had to have it so off it went and a new one is just about done in its place. I do have a 6.0 cert car now I would consider selling T/K or rolling, yes its a Mopar yes like the others done by a big name shop.

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/13/21 04:16 PM

I have a guy that just wants the engine out of my Duster....So that car is for sale when I pull the engine and get paid. Contact me if interested.

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/13/21 04:49 PM

I am going to take my 64 to the track next weekend with a for sale sign on it... wave
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/13/21 05:30 PM

Thank you jcc I have responded to your online email. I haven't seen the pictures but I know the MN cars i have seen are rusty garbage. I want a wagon because I have alot of kids. My oldest son's favorite memory is when I backed my Dart into the culdisac next to my old house. I had him trigger the line lock from his 5 point belt strapped in car seat on the pistol grip. I dug a hole in the tar that is still there today. We pulled into the driveway with smoke pouring out of the car. He now drives a Hemi 300C and loves it. They all ask me when I will build another car. With 3 kids in college it may be awhile.
Posted By: jcc

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/13/21 09:57 PM

This and others you will be receiving.

Attached picture P1010030.JPG
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/14/21 01:52 AM

Al can we see a picture of whats for sale? Birdtracker
Posted By: WedgeFED

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/14/21 02:34 AM

A pic of one for sale

Attached picture Merpar.jpg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/14/21 03:26 AM

Open to offers…
Street/Strip

Attached picture 71EC94C4-1C90-440E-9DA7-CA3993476027.jpeg
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/16/21 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
This and others you will be receiving.

JCC,

For sale?

I tried PM'ing you but the inbox is full.

Thanks,
Casey FJ

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/16/21 12:40 PM

Mine should be at Cedar Falls Motorsports Park this coming weekend... wave

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/16/21 10:50 PM

Its official, engine is sold....Car is for sale.....Make me an offer.

Attached picture IMG_20210723_112840.jpg
Posted By: 69dart

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/17/21 06:49 PM

Just my thought...

After just selling off several of my car and mopars this year - I have been absolutely disgusted with how interested 'buyers' behave nowdays.

Too many folks want to BULLY sellers into giving cars away or endlessly ask for more pictures and videos with no intention of ever buying.

Or throw tantrums like little children when the buyer stands strong and someone pays a fair price and they miss out on the car playing games.

Or promise to buy but then never show.

I must of had a dozen Richard Rawling wannabe's waste hours of my precious time this year.

I personally was disgusted with humanity and was practically done with the hobby completely as a result.

So I can 100% understand why folks would rather let cars ROT in the garage or be buried with them rather than deal with these entitled BULLIES.

This certainly isn't directed at anyone here - it was just my experience.

That said - In the end the people that actually bought each of my cars were good people and they were all absolutely enamored with the purchases and I was happy for them.

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/17/21 07:43 PM

I have had both this year....Totally understand. Some sales attract all the wrong folks, and others go thru without any issues.

I am waiting to see what squirrel does with his Barracuda. I really like his Drag Week Funny car/ Street car he ran.....I could go for somthing like that....I know how to make a mild Hemi run pretty good. I doubt I would get 8's out of it, but mid 9's no problemo...

Otherwise cruise nights with good food and a car I can race if I want to, works out pretty good for now.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/17/21 09:29 PM

I think some guys are just holding on to their cars just because they don't want to deal with the hassle of selling. I was helping a friend last year with selling his Mopar, over half the inquiries were scams.I have had my Dart for 39 years and my 92 D150 since new ( 29 years ) I have no intention of ever selling either, I was at a cruise last week and a guy came over and looked at my D150 and asked if I wanted to sell it, he wasn't even walking the show he was at one of the businesses adjacent to the cruise lot and pulled over to see my truck. I was tempted to give a price because I would like a 50s Dodge P/U someday but I have had it this long no sense selling it now after 29 years.
Posted By: moparx

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/18/21 05:37 PM

richard[head] rawlings..............now that's a name i haven't heard for some time. spank nervous whistling devil
beer
Posted By: dart games

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 09:43 AM

well put

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by 69dart
Just my thought...

After just selling off several of my car and mopars this year - I have been absolutely disgusted with how interested 'buyers' behave nowdays.

Too many folks want to BULLY sellers into giving cars away or endlessly ask for more pictures and videos with no intention of ever buying.

Or throw tantrums like little children when the buyer stands strong and someone pays a fair price and they miss out on the car playing games.

The cheapskates and tire kickers are nothing new in the MoPar 'community'. I remember going through the same cr@p selling a rebuilt '68 383 over 20 years ago. One particular idiot wanted it for his '69 RR, but he thought that I should have lowered the price a few hundred because the block was not a '69. His 3rd call, still expecting a better deal, was all that i could take, so i told him that it had sold. It did sell for the asking price not long after.
Advertising online will bring out the scammers. I recently tried to sell an open car hauler on Racing Junk. The first and only response i got (because i deleted the ad) was from a scammer who had a New York phone number, and used an Atlanta return address on the envelope which had a South Carolina post mark. That alone was fishy enough to kill the deal....The 'payment' was in excess of $2300 that i was supposed to refund to the person who was going to pick it up for him.....BEFORE they arrive to get the trailer. Told the 'buyer' to provide HIS address to send the 'payment' back to, but he refused. No thanks
The trailer, and the '68 Dart I have owned for 34 years will both soon be sold, but dealing with the scammers and beggars is not going to be fun.

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 12:20 PM

Bring the Dart to Cedar Falls this weekend.. up

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Bring the Dart to Cedar Falls this weekend.. up

I'm considering bringing a trailer full of blocks transmissions and other parts to the swap meet.

shamelessly adding pic of car...just painted and ready for wet sand/buff and side glass to be put back in.

Attached picture IMG_20210530_193050619.jpg

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 03:19 PM

Looks good! Mine will be in the show car area with a for sale sign... wave
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 69dart
Just my thought...

I must of had a dozen Richard Rawling wannabe's waste hours of my precious time this year.

I personally was disgusted with humanity and was practically done with the hobby completely as a result.

So I can 100% understand why folks would rather let cars ROT in the garage or be buried with them rather than deal with these entitled BULLIES.

This certainly isn't directed at anyone here - it was just my experience.

That said - In the end the people that actually bought each of my cars were good people and they were all absolutely enamored with the purchases and I was happy for them.

Try owning a car dealership like i do, and trying your best to be as fair as possible with everyone….6 days a week for years.
Old saying in the car business… and i have found it to have a good bit of merit…
“ Buyers are liars”
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: why? no race cars on the market - 08/19/21 05:55 PM

I do think the generally stupidity of people is why I ended up with a great 69 gtx this weekend and an even better deal than I could’ve hoped. Took 20 minutes for the whole thing to take place. Car wasn’t for sale and I think the guy knew I was serious about these things and when he heard I wanted one he contacted me. I verified it was as he said and we shook hands. I can only imagine the raft of crap people would send his way if it had been put up online. He seems happy at how thrilled I am with thing.
© 2024 Moparts Forums