Moparts

Trans cooler mount

Posted By: dragon

Trans cooler mount - 06/19/21 03:15 PM

For my dragester who makes a trans cooler mount to go right over the trans and mounts to the trans so when pulling trans it comes out with trans. Thanks
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/19/21 03:47 PM

That would not be hard to make but for what transmission?727,th350,glide?
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/19/21 05:01 PM

Pretty sure B&M offers one.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/19/21 05:26 PM

S&W Racecars makes one that mounts tot he rear cover on a shorty. So does FTI have used both in the past and they work well. We now run the cooler in the chassis of our dragster.
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/21/21 01:53 PM

anyone have a problem with trans fluid shooting out of dipstick tube when shutting off?? cooler to high?? air bound?? tranny issue??
gary

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/21/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 440lebaron
anyone have a problem with trans fluid shooting out of dipstick tube when shutting off?? cooler to high?? air bound?? tranny issue??
gary

Over 45 years of racing and I never ran into this till October of last year. Pretty sure on mine it’s a converter issue (powerglide)and it will be going out to be checked this week. My car slowed up from 6.0’s to 6.30’s.

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/21/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
What is your goal here? You looking to do wheelies, leave flatter or???

Who are you asking Al?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/21/21 05:43 PM

Weird as that reply was for another thread...Must have gotten caught in moderator hell fan
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/21/21 06:07 PM

After several years use I started having fluid pushout problems with my expensive JW powerglide. I had a local PG guy pull it down twice in one year and he including consultation with JW could not pinpoint the problem. The next year I carried it to another PG guy and even in his first go-thru it still pushed out fluid. However when he went through it the second time he discovered the pump face was not entirely flat it had a .008 warp in it. He had that machined flat and no more problems. It took 2 yrs and at least 4 removals to get it right. My helper and I were about ready to put it in the trash!!
Posted By: cspracer

Re: Trans cooler mount - 06/23/21 03:37 AM

I have had some issues with a slow leak since I added my trans cooler. I wondered as well if you have to mount it low or not. When I removed the dipstick tube to check the o-ring, two quarts of fluid came out. I was surprised and wondered if I need to lower the cooler. Mine is currently mounted beside my radiator and the top of it is almost as high as the top of my radiator.
© 2024 Moparts Forums