Moparts

How many passes have you made on a race weekend?

Posted By: JERICOGTX

How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 03:17 PM

My buddy, and his daughter, run their car in two classes when they go racing. He runs Pro, and she runs Super Pro. The car is setup simple for seat adjustment, and removal of the delay box for driver swaps. Over Memorial Day Weekend, they put a total of 51 passes on the car. She won Super Pro on Saturday, and he made it to the Semi Finals on Sunday.

Attached picture TVD2021-1.jpg
Attached picture TVD2021-2.jpg
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 03:38 PM

eek

Not that many!!

Love that first pic up

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 04:01 PM

I have to give a big shout out to Dwayne Porter, as this combo went from a set of cracked/ leaking set of INDY EZ heads, to a Porter Racing Heads prepped set of INDY SR 295CNC heads. The car picked up 2/10's, and a couple MPH, with nothing else changed.
Posted By: dvw

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 04:19 PM

On a good 3 day weekend been 17-18 passes in one class.
Doug
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 04:35 PM

I won’t mention any names but one of our members runs three classes at the Mopar races and he always goes rounds.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 04:44 PM

That's making a ton of laps in a weekend. Most keyboard racers probably don't make that many passes a year. A Decent 3 day weekend running 1 class I'll make 12-14 (We only get 1 time run per day). Most I've made in 1 day has been 14 passes running 2 classes.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 05:10 PM

IHRA had a triple-header divisional race in Jackson, SC because of a rain-out several years ago. I must have made 20+ passes in my Dart Sport, Stock class each day. Won Fri. & Sat. and got runner-up on Sunday.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 05:14 PM

Made 24 at Holley Moparty last Sept at Bowling Green
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 05:24 PM

51 that is impressive!

I would like to try the multiple class thing at the right event. My car is ready for another pass quickly, even faster if I leave the hood off. I suppose trans temp would be my enemy in a hot lap situation, but no gauge no problem right? lol
Posted By: Dragula

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 05:38 PM

I made 11 this past sat running two classes....Would have been 13 had the car not broke...finished in the semis in both classes....In a 3-day weekend, I would be out of parts and money....
Posted By: AndyF

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 06:19 PM

51 passes is a lot. Almost have to do maintenance during the weekend with that many passes. Some transmission vendors want a band adjustment every dozen passes so you would be sliding under the car a few times on a weekend like that.
Posted By: cgall

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 06:47 PM

Were they both double-entered, we are starting to see a lot of cars doing that at our local track.

My other thought is that one small failure like a rocker adjuster could knock both drivers out, better to have two cars.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 07:00 PM

I have a customer who double enters both classes and runs some gamblers and such that can (he has several times) crack 50 a weekend at a Norwalk Mopar type event. Todd
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 07:06 PM

I'm confused about the logistics of this....doesn't add up in my head. 2 time runs apiece for 3 days is 12 runs (I'm assuming 3 day race, since it was not specified), then they would have to go more than 6 rounds EACH every day....how many folks are that good/lucky? work work
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 07:55 PM

Wow, that's a bunch of runs and they're clearly very good at what they do!

I think I've made 9 or 10 passes in one night.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 08:19 PM

As much as these cars cost to build and maintain they should all be driven that hard and asking for more. I always tried to enter every class I could get in, as long as the run order wasn't rediculous. Probably 25ish in a weekend for me if I recall. 51 is rediculous, got their entry fees worth!
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by FlyFish
I'm confused about the logistics of this....doesn't add up in my head. 2 time runs apiece for 3 days is 12 runs (I'm assuming 3 day race, since it was not specified), then they would have to go more than 6 rounds EACH every day....how many folks are that good/lucky? work work

Yep, I'm with you. I usually get in one class. So, on a good day, with two time trials, I may get in 3 runs. LOL! You guys that are getting double digit runs are way too professional. (not to mention the entry fees involved?) Again, LOL !!!!!!
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 08:56 PM

My son made 31 passes at Cecil one weekend. Running two classes and went to semis in both.
Most i made was at the last Monster Mopar i made 15 passes
Posted By: tex013

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/10/21 09:32 PM

we dont get multi event weekends here . 1 race in 1 , 2 or 3 days .
If i go to finals its normally 8 passes , 3 qual and 5 rounds occasionaly 6 .
On sunday @ T&T i went 7 passes in about 3 hours . I think i did 12 once .

Tex
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/11/21 04:24 AM

Most I’ve done in awhile was 10.... 3 test hits, 1st and 2nd round Saturday. 5 rounds to the finals on Sunday where I threw it all in the trash.
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/11/21 04:56 AM

Awesome car! I've done 13 runs on a test n tune night shruggy Question for all the pros here: how much time should I wait between runs? confused
Posted By: dvw

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/11/21 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
51 passes is a lot. Almost have to do maintenance during the weekend with that many passes. Some transmission vendors want a band adjustment every dozen passes so you would be sliding under the car a few times on a weekend like that.

Mine can go a season without adjusting the band. Aluminum drum with a red hard band. Aprox 100 passes.
Doug

Re: How many passes have you made on a race weekend? - 06/14/21 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by FlyFish

They were racing at Thunder Valley Dragway in Marion, SD over Memorial Weekend. 3 days of racing. There was a open test and Tune Saturday morning, then the Saturday night race. Each of them got 2 time trials, then competition. She won the No box class , and he went to the 3rd round. Sunday has a day race, and a night race. 2 time trials for each of them there. He went to the semi finals in the morning race, and she lost second or 3rd round. I think they both lost second round in their night race. Monday, they got 3 time trials each, and then went a couple rounds each there. If that makes any sense? I'm not a huge fan of the track, but you definitely run the wheels off the car if you want to, and there are a TON of Mopars at the track.
© 2024 Moparts Forums