Moparts

Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder

Posted By: Sammy

Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 06:32 PM

3-4 weeks from McCormack and Summit says 2 weeks.

Who else has these bias slicks in stock?
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:04 PM

What size you looking for? Jegs carries them as well.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by DusterKid

Horror stories lately from Jegs. Waited 2 hours on the phone twice. And then wouldn't honor their online sale. Or even price match.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by DusterKid

Just checked Jegs. Same thing as Summit. No stock.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:14 PM

This will be the summer of shortages. Not being able to buy slicks might be the least of your worries.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:21 PM

What size? Any option to change size a bit?
Todd
Posted By: racerx

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:25 PM

Not a slick but Summit has a back order on Mickey T radial front runners :shruggy :don't no what's going on. I was just at the nmca/nmra race this weekend and they only had one tire on board. Hope this is not what's coming ahead.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:26 PM

Not coming. Already here.......
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 07:43 PM

can you use Hoosier ? unless they backordered also ?
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 09:41 PM

This is going to be a big problem:

Mickey Thompson 90000000859 - Mickey Thompson ET Drag Slicks
Tire, ET Drag Slick, 29.5x10.5-15, Bias-Ply, Stiff Sidewall, M5 Compound, Solid White Letters, Each

Part Number: MTT-3062S

Not in Stock
Estimated Ship Date: 7/30/2021 (if ordered today)
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/17/21 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
This is going to be a big problem:

Mickey Thompson 90000000859 - Mickey Thompson ET Drag Slicks
Tire, ET Drag Slick, 29.5x10.5-15, Bias-Ply, Stiff Sidewall, M5 Compound, Solid White Letters, Each

Part Number: MTT-3062S

Not in Stock
Estimated Ship Date: 7/30/2021 (if ordered today)

If you are going by summits delivery date don’t go by that. Take five minutes and call the manufacturer
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 01:14 AM

I’ve left two messages with M/T Motorsports division. No call back so far. I was hoping they’d have the truck at the postponed March Meet at Famoso over Memorial Day Weekend..... but just heard of the slicks situation last week. Looks like I’m in burnout sparingly mode. At least I’m on summer break till Labor Day at least for summer smile

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 01:34 AM

If you guys will give me some sizes I can make some calls. NO promises but I can look.
Todd

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:42 AM

Lookin for a set of 10.5x29.5 stiff sidewall if they come up. Thanks Todd!

M/T pn 3062s

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Lookin for a set of 10.5x29.5 stiff sidewall if they come up. Thanks Todd!

M/T pn 3062s

I need the same thing ! I might have to go back to hoosiers 30x10.5x15
Posted By: scottb

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 03:00 AM

MT is owned by cooper tires that just sold everything out to Good Year when I talked to the my tire sales rep I asked him about Good Yr buying out cooper he said no one knows what’s going to happen

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 04:53 AM

Man I hate to change.... guess I’ll check into Phoenix again.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 01:32 PM

My buddy and i have multiple sets all different sizes on order through motorstate. Motorstate contacted M/T directly for wait times. Most all of the tires were either 4-6 or 6-8 weeks. The only ones ready to ship where the new style ET street front runners. if your not finding someone that has them on the shelf will be in the same boat. Watch the secondary resale market, racing junk, facebook marketplace etc. Might get lucky.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 01:44 PM

What’s wrong with Hoosier?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:01 PM

Unfortunately this is not a new thing been this way for a few months. I talked to them at a divisional race earlier this year and went ahead and bought new tires for the dragster. Unfortunately I am no win need to two sets of slicks and both are on back order. When I talked to my guy at M/T he really didnt have a set in stone date..

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:08 PM

Well I got another set mounted on beadlock. I know they are pretty old. Like 4-5 years old.

Not sure what's going to happen with the ones on the car now.
Guess, I'll wait. Hoosier don't last for me. 28-30 passes and sidewall is smashed

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:14 PM

I ordered and received a set of 14-32 M/T slicks two weeks ago ordered from summit. They shipped them from Texas to Pa. I wanted to ask someone at M/T a question so I asked my son what the name of the guy we usually deal with was and he said both of them recently quit and went somewhere else.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:43 PM

Summit has a few various sizes in stock, 14x32 29.5x10.5 and 28x10.5 is various forms. But thats about it and most retailers have very little in stock

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 02:52 PM

Sorry guys. No 29.5 X 10.5s Been on backorder since FEB according to my guy. Todd

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 03:16 PM

There are not really any stiff sidewall 10.5's available from what I have seen. Crazy! Who would have thought they could crash MT. This will surely bring another player in. Guys with money don't stop having fun because of stuff like this lol.

Thank you for checking Todd!

edit: my order for a set of 3062S (10.5x29.5 stiffwall bias ply) bumped up to 5/28 ship date.

I am surprised these are still around:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3056st

I thought that was a popular tire but maybe not so much anymore.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 04:04 PM

Will a w series tire work for the guys looking for the 10.5x 29 my tire store has 16 I use
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish
What’s wrong with Hoosier?

Hoosier in my opinion does not keep up on the latest technology and compounds. Kind of dated. M/T is always developing and coming up with new product. Personally i am looking at the ET Street 315 radial and new radial style front runner. Hoosier does not make a comparable tire.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 07:24 PM

Shortages of a lot of stuff these days, all kinds of stuff, including common sense.

And/or prices spiking, and not by a few percentage points.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 07:29 PM

Thanks Scott! My car barely fits a non-W 10.5 as it sits.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 08:45 PM

After reading this post I figured I better hurry up and order a couple sets of front runners. My blue duster had moroso tires on it when I got it and my black duster had the same tire. The M/T front tires were about 40.00 cheaper each so I ordered 4 of them. I needed them so might as well get them while I can.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/18/21 09:27 PM

Not a bad idea.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

After reading this post I figured I better hurry up and order a couple sets of front runners. My blue duster had moroso tires on it when I got it and my black duster had the same tire. The M/T front tires were about 40.00 cheaper each so I ordered 4 of them. I needed them so might as well get them while I can.

First your garage full of TP.... then your 50 gas cans filled to the brim.... now you’re hoarding all the front runners! laugh2

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY

First your garage full of TP.... then your 50 gas cans filled to the brim.... now you’re hoarding all the front runners! laugh2

Hey you just mind your business about my toilet paper. Us old guys gotta poop a lot to keep the lines working.
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 03:32 AM

Saw this thread earlier.

Want to let everyone know that I found a lot of the tires mentioned above on E-Bay, Facebook Marketplace, etc.

Just looked at an ad for MT pn 3062 on E-Bay.

With the weird year(s), everyone might have to utilize different sources for tires, parts, etc. for this season.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 10:22 AM

What size? I just tried to order some 27" front runners and they were on back order? lol

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

What size? I just tried to order some 27" front runners and they were on back order? lol

26-4-15.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 03:46 PM

for a minute i thought he was wondering what package size of TP you were hoarding. biggrin
beer

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 04:45 PM

And we are in for it now.

Attached picture Screenshot_20210519-124437_Facebook.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/19/21 10:41 PM

I was thinking about a bigger pair of slicks for the Valiant. Guess I better hurry.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/20/21 03:50 AM

They pay more we pay more.... thats the deal. Always has been this way of passing higher overall costs onto the buyer. But some still dont grasp that. And there will be another passing along of overall costs to the buyer in short order.

Ebay has always been a great option to source parts, although places like cnc motorsports on eaby and the likes need to be called/messaged like all others to see if they really have them.

Originally Posted by Sammy
And we are in for it now.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/20/21 04:31 PM

Front runners have arrived

Attached picture 5AF96BBC-818E-4AF2-8B52-E64FD3447F6B.jpeg
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/20/21 05:22 PM

I bought 10.5Wx31 M/Ts from Summit last week.
Doug
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/20/21 05:37 PM

Well this is what I done. McCormick had them in stock. got them today.

Attached picture DSC08852.JPG
Attached picture DSC08853.JPG
Posted By: jughed

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/20/21 06:02 PM

I'm switching to DOT radials and the Hoosier dealer in my hometown has the front runners in stock. The rears will be at their shop next week. No shipping fees, and they'll mount them for free.
Posted By: ValiantRich

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/21/21 12:10 PM

When I was at the Gator Nats in March the guys at the M/T truck told me that they are changing production of all M/T tires from England to U.S. The problem is they stopped production in England months before production will start here. Hopefully things will get back to normal by mid summer.

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/21/21 07:49 PM

Interesting news. Summit emailed a shipping confirmation on my 10.5x29.5 stiffy's. Looks like my red zeppelin might run this year afterall!

Re: Mickey Thompson Slicks on backorder - 05/21/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by VernMotor
Well this is what I done. McCormick had them in stock. got them today.

I ran those for awhile. They hooked rather well.
Just too short with my 4.56 gears. Crossing traps at 8300.
© 2024 Moparts Forums