Moparts

Anyone here bracket racing Dakota?

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 01:48 PM

Specifically a second gen extended cab? Just curious if anyone is doing this with any sort of success? I am not talking pro stock truck type I am talking a production version, all 131" of wheelbase kind? If so would love to hear some details. About to give up on the PST dream but maybe a production version could work...
Posted By: poboyengineering

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 02:04 PM

Andy Chapman has one of the old McCormick factory V6 stockers that he bracket races.
I'm sure he has some insights on what worked and what didn't.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 04:04 PM

doubtful this will pass your test

https://www.racingjunk.com/Door-Car...ymouth&np_offset=305&from=search

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 04:12 PM

https://www.racingjunk.com/Nostalgi...outh&np_offset=423&from=search#2

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 04:19 PM

https://www.racingjunk.com/Door-Car...outh&np_offset=503&from=search#7
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 04:33 PM

Answered you on facebook..but...
Jim Paquet raced one in IHRA stock forever. Was record holder for a time.
His brother is Ray, who has the S/S B Thunderbolt
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 04:53 PM

This one was just repainted by Travis Hess. Doesn't look like that at all now.

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

This one was just repainted by Travis Hess. Doesn't look like that at all now.

it needed it ..lol

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 07:03 PM

BD Guess I have not really posted about it but there is already been one car acquired. Its been in the garage for a bit and I'm busy going through it and making some changes to some stuff. Not that it needed any but just stuff I prefer. Anyway here she is at what is currently her best angle. Once we get i sorted out at the track a bit it will get blown apart and totally redone. More of a bottom bulb/NSS deal really. Still looking for a top bulb/super class/bracket deal

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 07:12 PM

More pics Al! You always have top notch stuff! up
Posted By: Neil

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 07:16 PM

Wife of some guy in Oregon has a blue one that races here occasionally. It's in Super Pro and sits about 3 inches off the ground. Nice looking truck.
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Wife of some guy in Oregon has a blue one that races here occasionally. It's in Super Pro and sits about 3 inches off the ground. Nice looking truck.

Dennis and Judy Radford.......
Posted By: Neil

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 10:46 PM

Yes, forgot the last name. They show up at the bigger events at Firebird. I looked for a picture of it and struck out.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/12/21 11:17 PM

Yes we have one at our track raced by Kovack Kustom Kars......He has been chasing engine gremlins but I am not sure how they finished up last season with it.

It has full interior and looks very comfy to race. I will see if I have any pics of it.

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Neil

The Radfords are great peopel for sure. But that is am Ex Pro stock truck. Something I have looked for for a long time and at this point decided it aint gonna happen so next best thing, albeit quite a bit larger is a stock bodied one. FWIW the PST stuff is 125" wheelbase and the truck they have is one of the very early ones.

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by tboomer
More pics Al! You always have top notch stuff! up

in due time. Trust me when I say thats her good side for now
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 11:53 AM

It's a mild steel cage but looks clean and a 7.50 Cert? Not sure what you are looking for sir.

https://www.racingjunk.com/Race-Tru...Search=1&np_offset=0&from=search

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
It's a mild steel cage but looks clean and a 7.50 Cert? Not sure what you are looking for sir.

Talked to him last week. My "issue" is and reason for an extended cab is being 6'3" tall and wanting to have room. One reason I also got a B body. Ive gone fast for a few years time to get back to having fun and bracket racing
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
More of a bottom bulb/NSS deal really. Still looking for a top bulb/super class/bracket deal
Al, so you have decided against a Super Stock car?

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
More of a bottom bulb/NSS deal really. Still looking for a top bulb/super class/bracket deal
Al, so you have decided against a Super Stock car?

Cant find anything that I gotta have. There was one but it got sold out from under me..As in I was on my way to get it and they said sold it over the phone site unseen. There is a Stratus SS car out there but I would have to spend money moving a fair number of tubes for it to work. Maybe the racing gods telling me I dont need to be there. Like the TS experiment the last few years, just not where I belong. So I think I will just go back to bracket and super class stuff. But looking for something different I think.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Anyone here bracket racing Dakota? - 05/13/21 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS

Talked to him last week. My "issue" is and reason for an extended cab is being 6'3" tall and wanting to have room. One reason I also got a B body. Ive gone fast for a few years time to get back to having fun and bracket racing

My same feelings, easy to get in car and being able to see everything around you instead of being all wrapped up. Have fun, truck will be different. I have an 87 extended cab and thinking along the same line
© 2024 Moparts Forums