Moparts

Wrecked my car

Posted By: n20mstr

Wrecked my car - 05/02/21 06:59 PM

Finally got my issues fixed , changed to a two speedn400 from rossler . Old 3 speed was not working well shifting 1-2 at the release of the brake . It worked or sometimes spun as the shift took too long and the car couldn’t take all the gear . Any way look on “random mopar pic of the day “ thread page 60 . Big dad put the pic in there .
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/02/21 07:15 PM

I wish you the absolute best to get the car fixed! How are you feeling??

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/02/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Schultz62
I wish you the absolute best to get the car fixed! How are you feeling??

Car is repairable , I’m ok my a$$ and lower back a little sore from the landing , thanks
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/02/21 07:30 PM

Sorry to see that on Facebook yesterday and I’m glad you are ok. That was wheelie wheelie high.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/02/21 07:36 PM

Saw the pics on facebook yesterday. Sorry to hear it had such a hard landing. Sounds like its all plenty fixable but still. I know you have access to a frame machine so she will all be good. My son fixed similar damage to Jays car when he did the same couple years ago. And added some snout bars to it as well as the sissy sticks:)

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/02/21 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Saw the pics on facebook yesterday. Sorry to hear it had such a hard landing. Sounds like its all plenty fixable but still. I know you have access to a frame machine so she will all be good. My son fixed similar damage to Jays car when he did the same couple years ago. And added some snout bars to it as well as the sissy sticks:)

No sissy sticks allowed ....lol
Davis VPS instead
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 12:04 AM

[Linked Image]

....but nobody remembers when you win. Wheel stands are FOREVER!

Al’s son Steven got her straightened out... my photo cost me approx $3200
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 12:08 AM

Can you PLEASE post a link to that page, I couldn't find it blush
Jay, my wheelie are never that high, pull them up about 2 feet and let them down in 60 ft. or less luck
I sincerely hope I never have one, big wheelie like yours, that will damage any of the cars I race or drive for someone else luck

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 12:12 AM

Cab the post is like 3 below this one..... 103k views can’t miss it smile
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 12:50 AM

I didn’t do this one but the previous owner did

Attached picture D9FCDDC6-6953-4DC9-AB1D-F3EFE7FF43EA.jpeg
Posted By: racerx

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 01:45 AM

Was that your car @ the north verse south grudge race down in Fayetteville ?
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 01:53 AM

Pic ..

Attached picture wheele.jpg
Posted By: LA360

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 02:35 AM

I am assuming it came down on its front wheels Tony?
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 03:33 AM

Sorry to hear about and see that Tony. I hope you get it fixed soon and get back at it. Get your back or whatever is hurting checked out. A buddy of mine did the same thing and is on his 2nd back surgery because he delayed getting checked out initially. Glad you're okay.

Wes
Posted By: Tig

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 09:27 AM

I feel your pain, car came straight up after the 2nd pass on new radials and I instinctively lifted.. Not as high or all 4 off for me but this landing cost over $5K a while back. It squashed the sump, which pushed the windage tray into the crank, which threw metal onto #1 and #2 bores. Also sprung the wings, dented 2 or 3 header tubes and cracked the k member.around the weld on the LCA mount. I also had the wheels checked and replaced the front tyres.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 10:22 AM

Saw the picture, that cars a legend hope you can repair it.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 12:20 PM

Saw it on FB this weekend...hoped the damage wasn't too bad. Hate to see this Tony! I know you were really getting it dialed in.
I've been lucky so far w/ mine...but I'm sure my day is coming when it gets more than the oil pan. frown
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 12:26 PM

Man that stinks. I know what this is like. Last year I put mine on the bumper and bent the pan and LCA's. My problem was caused by weak shocks up front.

Had them revalved over the winter and barely pulls the fronts now.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 01:36 PM

Glad your not hurt, glad it's fixable. Sorry about the extra work, time, and money.
Doug
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 02:00 PM

I know a few years ago I put my car vertical and it came down real hard..blew both struts, buckled the front motorplate..had
to build a new one,, much thicker.. destroyed the oil pan.. built a new one. trashed both bumpers.. got new ones and fixed
a section of moly front rail .. the struts cost the most.. forgot to take a pic of it at the time.. my car came loose in the
trailer and that cost even more.. but I do all the work myself
wave
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 03:07 PM

Ouch, sorry about the car.

But how are you feeling? Is your back ok?
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 04:07 PM

Sorry to see this... I saw the photo Friday night. That was a big one. Hope you feel better You'll get her fixed.
Posted By: challenger451ci

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 04:36 PM

Glad you're doing ok, Tony. That must have been a rough landing! I hope you're able to get the car back in action soon, sir.

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 06:51 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. The car has all stock front suspension and K frame so it is time for a tubular K upgrade....Unfortunate that its in the beginning of the season and not the middle/end. I was really looking forward to this season as a lot of issues have been solved, and it finally looked like the car was going to come around. It had just gone a 5.07 @ 138 with a lot of timing out early and a 1.2 ramp in the progressive. I wanted to make sure it went down the track, The change to a 2 speed definitely solved my traction issues/inconsistency. Unfortunately i had the front a little too loose and it got away from me. That pic is probably 100 or more feet out so it was going pretty decent MPH at that point. Im glad that it came down flat instead of one side , then it would have rolled or shot to one side and maybe hot the wall?? Im trying to be positive LOL

Thanks again
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 08:50 PM

Tony...The car can be fixed. Sure glad ya didn't roll it!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/03/21 10:56 PM

Glad you're ok!
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 02:16 AM

Best of luck to you hope you feel better

The car can be fixed
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 04:24 AM

Holy FK! Flyin'!!
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 04:27 AM

Sell posters of that to fund the rebuild wink
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 12:06 PM

Glad you're OK! Sorry to hear about the damage. Always one of my favorite cars.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 12:08 PM

Why no wheelie bars?

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Why no wheelie bars?

His class prohibits them.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 12:46 PM

Why no wheelie bars?
old school no bars kid

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by one bad fish
Why no wheelie bars?
old school no bars kid

Pretty sure Tony ran bars for a long time?
Posted By: BDW

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 01:18 PM

For us novices, what's the technique when this happens?
Stay in it so the landing is softer?

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Why no wheelie bars?

Totally glad he is alright....by the way.

Ok....Call me stupid, how is that NHRA legal then? Why have any safety equipment if they're going to prohibit a basic safety device? Hey I don't like running some of the safety equipment, but that's the rules I am always told when my belts are out or my helmet is out or this or that. I guess I am not understanding why a basic safety device is prohibited from this class and how that is legal to run that way....Let alone very dangerous, no?
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by BDW

I think saving it goes out the window when the rear tires come off the ground. The safest option at the point is just to get it down and stopped. IMO
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by BDW

I think saving it goes out the window when the rear tires come off the ground. The safest option at the point is just to get it down and stopped. IMO

When I did it(2 times) first time I TRIED to pedal it but as soon as it started coming down it slammed down.. second
time was very similar.. I run bars but when I load or unload I have to pull the 2 pins so the bars come up high enough
to get in or out... I am pretty sure if I didnt pedal it MIGHT flip over because all the so called bumper are plastic..
all the bumper reinforcements (both front and rear)are metal but when I built the car I got rid if them.. the car with me and
full of fuel is 2360# race weight.. when I ran the R3 block and W-9 head and a dry sump it weighed a bit more at
2405#
wave

Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 05:51 PM

Why no wheelie bars?

Ok....Call me stupid, how is that NHRA legal then? Why have any safety equipment if they're going to prohibit a basic safety device? Hey I don't like running some of the safety equipment, but that's the rules I am always told when my belts are out or my helmet is out or this or that. I guess I am not understanding why a basic safety device is prohibited from this class and how that is legal to run that way....Let alone very dangerous, no?

There is no NHRA rule that says its mandatory to run wheelie bars.

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 05:53 PM

Why no wheelie bars?

You are 100% correct. NO bars was an "equalizer" at first. Now its either Davis VPS (Vehicle Position Sensor) , Racepak Laser ride height sensor or an AMS nitrous controller with GATS. They can all be used to pull a bunch of timing through an ECU when the car goes up past certain degrees of pitch. "electronic wheelie bars" is what it is really. Unfortunately i didnt have any of this.
YES i ran bars for a long time, but then decided to try running Ultra Street , which they are not legal.

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 07:04 PM

So they are NOT required in any NHRA class? Top fuel, Pro-Stock, Promod, etc don't require them cause that is just blowing my mind? I guess I never read that far into the book...I got to 8.50 and stopped there.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 07:30 PM

[Linked Image]

Is this you in the tan car N20? That's spectacularly brutal! Good luck with the repairs. I have had a concern about my car doing that, time to take action.

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/04/21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by BDW

Blip the throttle, shortshift into the next gear, or a combination of the two. You want to come down at WOT. It's very easy to armchair quarterback these situations...things are happening REALLY fast.

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/05/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by BDW

Blip the throttle, shortshift into the next gear, or a combination of the two. You want to come down at WOT. It's very easy to armchair quarterback these situations...things are happening REALLY fast.

laugh2.... lets go of trans brake up it goes what the he77 where’s the wall oh man how long that shift light been on pull gear still up pull third carries 1/2 way through 1/8th......

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/05/21 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by J_BODY
Originally Posted by BDW

laugh2.... lets go of trans brake up it goes what the he77 where’s the wall oh man how long that shift light been on pull gear still up pull third carries 1/2 way through 1/8th......

LOL, and then there are times when that happens!
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/05/21 01:23 PM

Truly sorry brother this sucks..
Posted By: Schultz62

Re: Wrecked my car - 05/05/21 03:49 PM

Once again is wow!! I can't imagine a moonshot like that or thinking so quick to make the landing 'softer'. I hope you truly get checked out so that you don't have issues going forward. When you race you absolutely bring it! I enjoy he car and hope you get the car fixed and get back out there
© 2024 Moparts Forums