Moparts

ar engineering

Posted By: 440lebaron

ar engineering - 04/14/21 01:17 PM

looking for alternator pulley and part # single groove denso 90 amp, website contact only shows address
thanks gary
Posted By: jughed

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 01:24 PM

Can't help you with AR, but you can go to Doty for pulleys. Some may show "out of stock" but there are different colors available that are in stock.
They also make very nice brackets to mount the Denso (or GM) alternator. Just ordered the bracket and a pulley.

https://www.dotymi.com/17-billet-aluminum-crankshaft-pulleys
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 01:26 PM

That's member AndyF
Posted By: jughed

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cuda340
That's member AndyF

Hopefully OP can get through.
I PMed him some tech questions about his alternator mounting bracket 6 days ago but have not gotten a response. I'm sure he's busy at this time of year.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 02:17 PM

Andy does not normally sell on the retail side, go to one of his vendors to buy his products up
Posted By: tboomer

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 02:23 PM

I think Mancini sells AR parts.. wave
Posted By: Leigh

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by jughed
Can't help you with AR, but you can go to Doty for pulleys. Some may show "out of stock" but there are different colors available that are in stock.
They also make very nice brackets to mount the Denso (or GM) alternator. Just ordered the bracket and a pulley.

https://www.dotymi.com/17-billet-aluminum-crankshaft-pulleys

I know the OP was for Andy. Just a shout out to him and Doty Mfg, for good products.
Posted By: 80fbody

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 04:14 PM

Hughes also sells pretty much everything he makes for mopars.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 440lebaron
looking for alternator pulley and part # single groove denso 90 amp, website contact only shows address
thanks gary

That isn't a question for me since I don't make those parts. My website has a bunch of information on it about my parts but I can't answer questions on other people's parts. If you have a tech question post it on this board. If I know the answer and I see the question I might pop in and answer it but don't send questions to me directly. I don't have enough time in the day to answer everyone's questions.

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 05:19 PM

all I want to do is buy a pulley

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by 440lebaron
all I want to do is buy a pulley

I don't sell pulleys so you'll need to contact someone who sells pulleys. Measure the shaft size on your alternator and search for pulleys at Summit or Powermaster.

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 05:59 PM

thank you
Posted By: tboomer

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 06:06 PM

Here is what I have on my 64 Dodge
https://www.dotymi.com/home/52-alternator-bracket-and-pulley-combo.html
Posted By: krautrock

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 06:56 PM

I searched Google. "single groove alternator pulley"

this might work. measure the shaft diameter.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...q2_Gmk4v_DUlbm3XNEaAi7TEALw_wcB#overview

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 07:57 PM

I had a machine shop cut the factory two groove pulley down into a one groove pulley.

Attached picture AR442b (Medium).JPG
Posted By: Moparteacher

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 08:50 PM

Two most common late model alternator manufacturers to upgrade to is Denso (Formally Nippondenso), and Bosch.
The Denso alternator has a shaft diameter of .669" or 17mm.
The Bosch alternator shaft diameter should be .590". or 15mm.
You can get pulleys from the above mentioned suppliers along with Jones Racing and CV products.
https://www.facebook.com/CRP-Cantre...of-the-CV-Products-Brand-430793053924401
http://www.jonesracingproducts.com/
Posted By: Stanton

Re: ar engineering - 04/14/21 11:29 PM

Any alternator and starter rebuild shop will have a box full of pulleys - your pick for the price of a coffee probably!
Posted By: mopowers

Re: ar engineering - 04/15/21 03:48 AM

I just went through this myself. I ended up going full redneck, chucked up the factory 2-groove pulley in my drill press, and cut the outer groove off with a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder (I have no access to a lathe). It worked out perfectly, but shortly after, I found out Powermaster sells single groove pulley's for the Denso 17 mm shaft - #181, #182, and #183, depending on what OD you're looking for.

Keep in mind that a Bosch 17mm ID pulley may not work because the Denso alternators are 'domed' in the front, so the pulley needs to be dished on the back side for clearance.

Attached picture KIMG0296.JPG
Attached picture KIMG0242.JPG

Re: ar engineering - 04/15/21 05:51 AM

Ouch, a drill press and an angle grinder combo makes me wince. You're one small slip away from a major industrial accident when you do stuff like that. I have a buddy with a lathe so I just dropped the pulley off with a couple of $20 bills and let him deal with it.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: ar engineering - 04/15/21 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Ouch, a drill press and an angle grinder combo makes me wince. You're one small slip away from a major industrial accident when you do stuff like that. I have a buddy with a lathe so I just dropped the pulley off with a couple of $20 bills and let him deal with it.

Dang Alice!
You would hate to see me hack sh!t up.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: ar engineering - 04/15/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by FastmOp
Originally Posted by AndyF

Dang Alice!
You would hate to see me hack sh!t up.
whistling Sounds like something I'd do. boogie
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: ar engineering - 04/15/21 09:21 PM

I believe it happens quite frequently.
Posted By: moparx

Re: ar engineering - 04/16/21 04:06 PM

"if" a guy were to use a "death wheel" [or whatever the roadkill guys call it] in conjunction with a drill press to do "whatever" you are trying to accomplish, wear a GOOD face shield and safety glasses, and use the thin Dewalt wheel only.
these wheels will actually bend or deform slightly and survive, while others start to deform and instantly disintegrate, flinging wheel parts into things you don't want flying 10,000 rpm chunks of wheel flying into. shock
beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ar engineering - 04/16/21 05:43 PM

i had a 4 inch cut off wheel break while I was trimming the inner fender well for header clearances on my old duster, I got lucky as I got only one bad cut on one finger from the debris shruggy I was using a Chicago air small (4 inch diameter) cut of tool with 21,000 to 23,000 RPM, Harbor freight cut off wheels realcrazy
My message is be safe, don't push the tool beyond its safe operating designs tsk
© 2024 Moparts Forums