Moparts

new no prep trick ?

Posted By: theraif

new no prep trick ? - 04/11/21 06:25 PM

Posted By: GY3

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/11/21 06:41 PM

Probably be outlawed in short order since it also doubled as a wheelie bar.
Posted By: ksj

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/11/21 07:15 PM

Good ol Beater Bomb
Posted By: Neil

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/12/21 01:48 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see that high center of gravity weight hanging out there doing you any favors if the back end of the car wanted to come around? shruggy

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/12/21 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Neil
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see that high center of gravity weight hanging out there doing you any favors if the back end of the car wanted to come around? shruggy

Lots of guys trying to get as much weight on the rears as possible so they can add more power. SRC posted a video of THE KID racing a silver Nova that ran a no prep race against them. The front of the Nova was in the air for the entire 1/8th mile!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/15/21 11:25 AM

That trophy truck front suspension travel isn't hurting the transfer either eek
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/15/21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

Agreed, that's insane. It has more wheel travel than my Raptor, lol

KCMaxx and Beater Bomb seem to consistently be at the top of the no prep game, especially on small tires. I also love how Beater Bomb has never given a straight answer ever on what combo is in the car.

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/15/21 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

Agreed, that's insane. It has more wheel travel than my Raptor, lol

KCMaxx and Beater Bomb seem to consistently be at the top of the no prep game, especially on small tires. I also love how Beater Bomb has never given a straight answer ever on what combo is in the car.

Same with the Hate Tank Roadrunner. Unfortunately he's kinda fallen off the radar lately.

The KCMaxx guy is super sharp. I took a friend's car up to his shop to be tuned and he's a great guy.
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 03:47 AM

Somethings never go out of style...

https://www.racingjunk.com/Plymouth...h=Hemi&np_offset=130&from=search
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by gsmopar

LOL yeah we haven't arrived at altered wheelbase fox bodies yet....yet grin
Posted By: A/MP

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 03:44 PM

I didn't see easily from that video that the black Firebird that BB was racing but I think is KC Firebird. That car is very consistent and sits low in the rear and higher up front., somewhat like an older style gasser. The Firebird hooks street or strip and is quite often in the winners circle. Its very common to see loose bags of lead shot in the trunks of street and no-prep track race cars.
Posted By: ksj

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 06:55 PM

KCMAXX Firebird,Beater Bomb and Kendall Goin are three bad Mofos in small tire street racing
Posted By: furious70

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 08:09 PM

saw Hate Tank once at rt 66 no prep, unfortunately they didn't do well that day.

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by A/MP
I didn't see easily from that video that the black Firebird that BB was racing but I think is KC Firebird. That car is very consistent and sits low in the rear and higher up front., somewhat like an older style gasser. The Firebird hooks street or strip and is quite often in the winners circle. Its very common to see loose bags of lead shot in the trunks of street and no-prep track race cars.

Ozark Raceway Park had a racer dump a bag of lead shot all over the track after the bag busted last year. They had to cancel the rest of the event, scrape the track and re-prep it. Didn't seem to be too happy about it, either. weld
Posted By: weedburner

Re: new no prep trick ? - 04/16/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by A/MP

I have a zero-prep street car that used to have 100lbs of lead bolted inside the rear bumper, ended up moving the engine back 10" so I could stick radials without the lead. Depending on fuel load, F/R distribution can be as high as 43/57 @ 2495lbs. About 10" of extension up front.

Grant
© 2024 Moparts Forums