Moparts

Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear...

Posted By: GY3

Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/04/21 08:21 PM

3,740 lbs. with 55 lbs. of ballast in the back, with driver (218 lbs.)

1940 lbs. on the front.

1800 lbs. on the rear.

Would love to find some 4 corner scales but truck scales will have to do at this point.

Thoughts? (Other than it being morbidly obese.)
Posted By: CKessel

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/04/21 09:35 PM

Yours is lighter than mine. 65 Coronet 500. 440,727, a/c, p/s, 1/2 tank fuel. 3941 without me in it.
Posted By: tex013

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/04/21 09:52 PM

Lighter than mine , lighter than i thought it might be

Tex
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/04/21 10:00 PM

It depends on how much power you make and what kind of driving you will be doing with your car shruggy
I see 51.87 % on the front and 48.12 % on the rear, not bad for a drag car with 700 HP, my current S/P car has 56.+% on the front but it weighs right at 2850 Lbs. with me in it, big tire tube chassis car that works well for me up 1.24 ET in the 60 Ft., 8.86 in the 1/4 mile.
Small tire lower HP stock suspension drag cars like more weight on the rear than on the front and good weight transfer also to go as fast as they can thumbs
Posted By: dvw

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/05/21 12:58 AM

I'm around 1800 front 1500 rear with 200lb driver. It has cut K frame, moly tube steering shaft and strut rods, light brakes, carbon fiber bumper brackets and hood. Mega block and 2 carbs add weight up front. The good thing is the wheelbase is 113" so that weight is closer to the rear. Hard to pull weight from the front.
Doug
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/05/21 07:16 PM

Is there some stock K frame trick on older B body? that moves the engine back in the car for better weight dist?? But hey, you goal is to go FASTER so leave it nose heavy...LOL

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/05/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
Is there some stock K frame trick on older B body? that moves the engine back in the car for better weight dist?? But hey, you goal is to go FASTER so leave it nose heavy...LOL

Yeah, you can put a later B k-frame in and it moves the whole mess back 1 5/8. Not interested in doing that, though, as I may want to eventually put a crossram on the car (after I get tired of going fast) and that will interfere with the firewall with that much setback. Pretty surprised and happy with the bias. Frontend carries out quite a ways with the 250 shot now.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/05/21 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

Yeah, you can put a later B k-frame in and it moves the whole mess back 1 5/8. Not interested in doing that, though, as I may want to eventually put a crossram on the car (after I get tired of going fast) and that will interfere with the firewall with that much setback. Pretty surprised and happy with the bias. Frontend carries out quite a ways with the 250 shot now.

Then i would keep taking weight off from the dashboard back, and keep upping the nitrous...! ! ! SOunds like a plan
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/05/21 08:04 PM

Sounds heavy to me Tony.. I m at 3150 with me in it.. is a big block really that much heavier than a small block?... I picked up one mph going from the Weld draglites to the Weld magnums on the front and Holeshot R3s on the rear.

Attached picture 3D8075FB-A62A-4129-AAF6-D95439405CE1.jpeg

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/05/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by GY3

Then i would keep taking weight off from the dashboard back, and keep upping the nitrous...! ! ! SOunds like a plan

Yesss! thumbs runaway
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Weighed the car today. Not 4 corner but front and rear... - 04/06/21 02:54 AM

Motor plates. Move it back to the firewall. Removable trans tunnel to get the trans in and out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums