Moparts

Don't give up on us

Posted By: Alan Prusiensky

Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 12:59 AM

I know I talked a lot over the winter and it didn't show in Florida. We had a lot of extra work to get the second car going down the track and I didn't concentrate on my car. I only had one engine for my car because we hurt on on the dyno the night before we left. The motor in my car sucked something in the scoop and damige a piston. I came home and put it on the dyno Tuesday and it was down 50 at 10000. It was so much extra work to get the second car going. We will have all the engines running and ready to go before Vegas. The black cloud can't follow us to Vegas lol.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 01:02 AM

That's one of them racing deals that falls outside the normal racing deal.
Better luck will follow.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 01:17 AM

Good luck we still be watching !
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 01:55 AM

If it were easy, a lot more people would be doing it. I can't imagine the daily thrash at that level. Especially for a small team without a shop full of help and a big budget. Nothing but respect for you guys.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 02:17 AM

Were all Mopar guys...we dont give up. It'll get better !
Posted By: dvw

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 02:30 AM

Nobody became fast in Pro Stock without extraordinary work ethic. Keep it up. It will pay rewards.
Doug
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 02:55 AM

If I gave up on MOPAR, I’d likely have a bigger house, more toys, a faster race car... I forgot where I was headed with this... Whatever, I’m stubborn. Give’em hell!!!
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 03:01 AM

No giving up on this end. No surrender. No retreat.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 03:49 AM

I believe we all understand the challenge you are meeting head on, you'll earn with lots of effort any improvements you make. Keep hanging in there
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 03:03 PM

Still behind you!

Looking forward to your run in Vegas!
Posted By: CSK

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 05:21 PM

Always look forward to seeing Y'all run !!!!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 06:57 PM

Keep up the good work!
Posted By: cl440

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/22/21 11:28 PM

It would be impossible for me to give up on someone who works so hard to run Mopar power in a sea of bowties and blue ovals! Keep up the testing and hard work. I am confident that it will pay dividends for you and your team very soon. up
Posted By: Taylor

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/25/21 12:34 AM

Keep up the good fight.................... you know there are many members here pulling for you....
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/25/21 12:14 PM

How are the valve spring issues ?
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/25/21 01:20 PM

Alan, Are you running a variation of the Hemi 99? I recall Mopar had produced another head not long before Allen Johnson got out of PS. Were they running that head? Is it a viable option?
Posted By: JCFcuda

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/25/21 05:14 PM

You’re the only reason I watch Pro stock
JimF
Posted By: challenger17

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/25/21 10:52 PM

[quote=JCFcuda]You’re the only reason I watch Pro stock
JimF [/quoteYou are the only reason I watch NHRA at all!!
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/28/21 06:59 PM

Alan, thanks for letting us know what happened at the Gators. I was hoping for a better qualifying effort, now we know why. Mopar to ya!

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/29/21 12:32 AM

Thanks everyone we made 50 Dyno pulls this week. Worked on some things I been thinking about for awhile and I'm really excited about results. Still waiting on Pistons so that might set me back a little bit for Vegas. At Charlotte we should be ready to really run good. I'm also going to try to test twice before Vegas we've been working our tails off.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Don't give up on us - 03/29/21 03:23 AM

We're all in your corner, Alan!

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/01/21 12:16 PM

We went testing on Tuesday and finally got the results we were looking for. I knew that dyno results would show up on the track eventually but I didn't expected to take so long lol.Not 100% sure if I'm going to Vegas but we'll definitely be at Atlanta for the last race there.

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/01/21 09:20 PM

LAST RACE at Atlanta?
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/02/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
LAST RACE at Atlanta?

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/nhra-confirms-atlanta-dragway-is-up-for-sale
Posted By: HOT IN AZ

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/02/21 07:36 PM

Do you guys sell T-shirts? Would like to support you with a purchase. Hope you make it to Vegas!

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/03/21 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by HOT IN AZ
Do you guys sell T-shirts? Would like to support you with a purchase. Hope you make it to Vegas!

GOOD IDEA ... I’m in for at least one!

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/03/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by GomangoCuda

That article is confusing shruggy

So NHRA wants to keep the track NHRA ... but it loses that national event if ownership is transferred?

Me thimks they’ll be keeping that track LONG TIME !

This is not the financial climate to be selling something like this UNLESS it’s fire sale priced.....

And NHRA very VERY rarely does that !

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/10/21 04:17 AM

The truck and trailer is on its way to Vegas. I'm so excited to put the 2 Florida races behind me. Just to give you guys a idea what kind of work that we put in behind the scenes here you go.we came back from Gainesville and put the motor that was in my car on the dyno made 4 pulls junk. I worked on some valve train stuff. 4 more pulls the next day I liked what I seen. Take the motor apart I find something got number 3 cylinder put a new piston in that hole. Put the motor back on the dyno 4 more pulls back to the numbers it normally makes but better up around 10000. I did notice it had more blow by than normal but the numbers looked really good so I put it in the car and went to Mir made a run ran faster than I have ever run but the vacuum dropped bad in first gear. Came home took it apart 1 3 5 7 pistons were just touching the head in one spot and pinched the rings. Detailed the chamber to give it a little Clearnce and put the pistons in the lathe relieved a little bit above the ring land to protect the ring. Put the motor back together back on the dyno 4 more pulls. It averaged 20 better than my best. Take it apart again look over the pistons everything looks good back together in the trailer on the road.
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/10/21 10:49 AM

Sounds like a lot of work. Best wishes on your next race !!
AG
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/10/21 11:52 AM

Good Luck Alan ! , hope all your hard work pays off !!!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/10/21 03:40 PM

Thanks for the update!

Make us proud in Vegas!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/12/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Prusiensky
The truck and trailer is on its way to Vegas. I'm so excited to put the 2 Florida races behind me. Just to give you guys a idea what kind of work that we put in behind the scenes here you go.we came back from Gainesville and put the motor that was in my car on the dyno made 4 pulls junk. I worked on some valve train stuff. 4 more pulls the next day I liked what I seen. Take the motor apart I find something got number 3 cylinder put a new piston in that hole. Put the motor back on the dyno 4 more pulls back to the numbers it normally makes but better up around 10000. I did notice it had more blow by than normal but the numbers looked really good so I put it in the car and went to Mir made a run ran faster than I have ever run but the vacuum dropped bad in first gear. Came home took it apart 1 3 5 7 pistons were just touching the head in one spot and pinched the rings. Detailed the chamber to give it a little Clearnce and put the pistons in the lathe relieved a little bit above the ring land to protect the ring. Put the motor back together back on the dyno 4 more pulls. It averaged 20 better than my best. Take it apart again look over the pistons everything looks good back together in the trailer on the road.

NICE!!! Good luck next race, looking forward to seeing the results.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/12/21 07:09 PM

I'm sure many members on here do not know how muck work is involved to be able to compete at the level like you are in NHRA Pro Stock bow
Let alone the the time and expenses involved in driving to and from the races and the actual time spent at the races to race the car shruggy
Congratulations and keep up the good work thumbs
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/18/21 12:09 AM

#18 on the ladder for qualifying @197.mph
What happened to all the hp? Is it chassis problems?

Attached picture Screenshot_20210417-200729_Facebook.jpg

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/30/21 12:49 AM

Well we are back at it this weekend in georgia. Vegas was so bad I wanted to quite but maybe we finally figured out what has been killing us all year. The new wires that we got over the winter were not locking on the spark plugs unbelievable. It makes sense now it runs great on dyno runs and like [censored] in the car. I should have checked them on the dyno before I ran them in the car the little things get you every time. We have worked so hard on are engine program for the last year now the car is suffering. We are running two cars this weekend so we will have are hands full. If anyone is at the race come by and say hello.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/30/21 02:20 AM

Good Luck, hopefully youve solved your problem, little things can cause lot of heart ache
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Don't give up on us - 04/30/21 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Prusiensky
Well we are back at it this weekend in georgia. Vegas was so bad I wanted to quite but maybe we finally figured out what has been killing us all year. The new wires that we got over the winter were not locking on the spark plugs unbelievable. It makes sense now it runs great on dyno runs and like [censored] in the car. I should have checked them on the dyno before I ran them in the car the little things get you every time. We have worked so hard on are engine program for the last year now the car is suffering. We are running two cars this weekend so we will have are hands full. If anyone is at the race come by and say hello.

I think it was you last qualifying pass that caught my interest. Your ET wasn’t that great but unless there was an mistake on Drag Race Results your mph was up there with top top qualifiers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums