Moparts

powerglide users who's converter

Posted By: BigFish69

powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 01:01 AM

In the market for pg converter any preference on who has a better handle on the pg stuff
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 01:18 AM

There's a lot of good guys out there. Are you looking for any specific stall?

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 01:33 AM

I have the dyno sheet was looking for there recommendation some were in the high 5000 range
Posted By: sam64

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 02:28 AM

PTC for me !
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 02:49 AM

Transmission Specialties in Pa. I love my spragless converter they made for me. I wanted it 5800 stall and it’s 5760. Can’t beat that
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 04:53 AM

I have an FTI, a Hughes and a Neal Chance bolt together, they all only work as well as the inputted info when you order it. No complaints about any of them. Jim.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 05:02 AM

I really liked my Trans Specialties stuff. Lots of quality shops out there. Any of them in driving distance to you?

I always liked dealing with people close in case I needed something quick. Today, with shipping issues and cost, that's even more relevant.
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 06:15 AM

Several important variables regarding your complete combination in order to pick or "ballpark" a well working converter for a Glide. They are definitely less forgiving than a 3-spd auto. Most of the good converter builders can get it locked-in real well first go around if you provide the correct necessary information. Your application and needs will dictate converter type, which I'm sure you know. Can't go wrong with any of these below. I've run all of them, and currently have a N/A UCC converter and a Nitrous PTC Bolt-Together converter.

PTC - Keith
Ultimate Converter Concepts (UCC) - Lenny
Neal Chance - Marty
ATI
Pro Torque - Joe
Hughes - Pete
Munsinger - Mike
Continental - Chris
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Several important variables regarding your complete combination in order to pick or "ballpark" a well working converter for a Glide. They are definitely less forgiving than a 3-spd auto. Most of the good converter builders can get it locked-in real well first go around if you provide the correct necessary information. Your application and needs will dictate converter type, which I'm sure you know. Can't go wrong with any of these below. I've run all of them, and currently have a N/A UCC converter and a Nitrous PTC Bolt-Together converter.

PTC - Keith
Neal Chance - Marty
ATI
Pro Torque - Joe
Hughes - Pete
Munsinger - Mike
Continental - Chris

Chris died several years ago, I'm sure Continental closed up after his death whiney
Posted By: GTS340

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart

PTC - Keith
Neal Chance - Marty
ATI
Pro Torque - Joe
Hughes - Pete
Munsinger - Mike
Continental - Chris

Chris died several years ago, I'm sure Continental closed up after his death whiney

Munsinger closed up shop a long time ago
Posted By: HR3128

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 11:09 AM

I've used Coan for the for my cars.

https://www.coanracing.com
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 03:17 PM

FTI for me
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

All of the Continental parts and equipment were bought by Steve Casner and if thats your flavor of choice he owns CRE(Casner Racing Enterprises). He is a busy guy but very good at what he does. He has changed a couple for me and recerted some cases asd even powder coasted and freshened the dragsters trans.

As for the question at hand, lots of good shops out there. My three preferred ones wourd be FTI, ATI and A1. For me it depends on the application who I would use in that group.
Posted By: Chief

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 03:46 PM

Couldn't get any help from Chance on a bolt together I have.

My last 2 converters are from FTI.. Same one in a door car then a dragster for a blown 500 inch. Worked great in both. New one is for my B1 572. Haven't received it yet as its for new engine.
Fill out the build sheet on line then call them.

Dave
Posted By: Dyno Donnie

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 04:10 PM

shocked
FTI here BB 580 hi deck wedge
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 06:08 PM

I like my Ultimate Converter Concepts unit.
Lenny originally built it, and Montgomery has provided great service.

Link UltimateConverter.com
Posted By: cl440

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Transmission Specialties in Pa. I love my spragless converter they made for me. I wanted it 5800 stall and it’s 5760. Can’t beat that

I have used them for 727's and glides. Both spragless and both worked great!
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 10:04 PM

I use ATI for most applications here.. Always had good service and products from them.

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/24/21 11:34 PM

I used most of the converter mentioned Coan, PTC, UCC, frank lupo, Turbo action, was thinking Ati not to many mentioned them
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/25/21 06:24 AM

I supplied a local BB Mopar racer and friend a custom built FTI trans and converter for one of his cars, he likes it a lot up
FTI 866-726-8358, they are racers them selves scope twocents
I am on the next one I need up
Posted By: moparacer

Re: powerglide users who's converter - 02/25/21 01:27 PM

I have a Glide in the car and a Coan that picked me up over a couple others I have used previously...

Going on 4th year with it 60 footing 1.20's.
© 2024 Moparts Forums