Moparts

M/E Wagner PCV Valve

Posted By: DGS

M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 07:28 AM

Who's running one? What's your long time experience and would you buy it again?
I'm thinking about getting one and if someone wants to get one too we can maybe set up a group buy (25% discount - we would need at least 5 valves in total).
Thanks
Posted By: A990

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 11:07 AM

I run one on my truck, and am very impressed. They are easy to disassemble to clean, and even have a parts kit if you lose or break something.
Well worth the money IMHO
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 01:05 PM

I'm running one in my 44/512 with M1 intake and a Holley Sniper. Works great.
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 02:43 PM

Are they high volume? IE- would they work well in a boosted application? I need one for my procharged Cobra.
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 02:53 PM

I was advised by others on here to try one myself. If you get a group discount , count me in !! I want to try it too.
Posted By: BcudaChris

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 04:02 PM

I've been running one since I put the new 'plant together. Took a bit of fiddling with the engine running in and tightening up. The most visible benefit is is no oil film seeping around seals (valve cover grommets being the most visible). I run a fairly healthy cam (235*/.55") and fairly high compression for pump gas/iron heads.

For my own unscientific testing, sitting at idle with a regular PCV valve, I'd get regular puffs of vapor out the breather (running an open K&N). With the Wagner valve dialed, no visible vapor from the breather at idle. I haven't figured out a way to check the cruise flow for some positive benefit, but no oil film seems to be all that is observable.

Dyno and track time will show it to work as advertised, I'm sure, but clean engine is the most notable benefit to the average street car. in my mind.

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kindafast
I was advised by others on here to try one myself. If you get a group discount , count me in !! I want to try it too.

That would make 3 people getting one - two more to go.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 04:31 PM

Will it work on my 451 with 8" idle vacuum and 15" at cruise? If so, I'm interested in one.
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by DGS
I'm thinking about getting one and if someone wants to get one too we can maybe set up a group buy (25% discount - we would need at least 5 valves in total).
Thanks

I'm in, what do I do?

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by metallicareload
Originally Posted by DGS
Thanks

I'm in, what do I do?

Once I have at least 5 units together I'll set up the group buy with the manufacturer and get all the details. After that I need your e-mail and you will receive a paypal invoice from ME Wagner. After you have paid the valve will directly be shipped to you.

For technical questions please talk directly to the guys at ME Wagner: http://mewagner.com/
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 06:24 PM

I have one in the toolbox waiting for me to add it to my wedge which is carbureted. I plan to go EFI sometime soon. AndyF brought up a good point on PCV running on a EFI car ... the EFI IAC will try to compensate for the PCV valve flow. If that flow moves around, the IAC will try to compensate. If you are the tuner or are watching a EFI system self-learn, this might be confusing and lead to idle stability issues.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 07:41 PM

I have two of the ME Wagner valves sitting in my take off box. I installed them for awhile on my cars and then took them off. I ended up designing my own fixed orifice PCV.

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
I have two of the ME Wagner valves sitting in my take off box. I installed them for awhile on my cars and then took them off. I ended up designing my own fixed orifice PCV.

Do you have a picture of your valve? Does is work better?
Posted By: madscientist

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/03/21 08:56 PM

I use one and half installed another 4. It’s all I use.
Posted By: Diplomat360

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/04/21 01:33 AM

I've had one on the Coupe for about 3 years now, 238@0.050 duration, so not crazy but pretty healthy...a number of different stock-type PCV filters just weren't cutting it. This ended up being a very handy approach and I would say a prefect solution (given my weekend driver street car needs). It's adjustable, did not have any problems with mine and it's good to know the adjustability is there as the motor combination changes further.
Posted By: moparx

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/04/21 05:26 PM

i bought two when the first group buy was on here.
they both work great !
beer
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/04/21 08:26 PM

I'm in if you haven't done it yet. I've been meaning to get one, glad I saw this.
Posted By: torqueflite

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/05/21 05:16 AM

I would also like to be included in a group buy if it works out , Ive been wanting to try one .

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/05/21 07:55 AM

Great, we now have enough interested parties to start the group buy! up

So far we have:

DGS
Mike67 (other forum)
Kindafast
BigBlockGTS (maybe)
DrCharles (maybe)
metallicareload
RMCHRGR
torqueflite

I will keep the group buy open for a few more days if more people want to join. I'm going to send out PMs soon to those interested in the valve.

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/05/21 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by DGS
Great, we now have enough interested parties to start the group buy! up

Sounds great to me just let me know and thanks !!!

So far we have:

DGS
Mike67 (other forum)
Kindafast
BigBlockGTS (maybe)
DrCharles (maybe)
metallicareload
RMCHRGR
torqueflite

I will keep the group buy open for a few more days if more people want to join. I'm going to send out PMs soon to those interested in the valve.

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/08/21 06:17 PM

Group buy is on!

Anyone who wants to participate needs to send an e-mail to sales@mewagner.com, mention the group buy ID (Stefan2021), as well as name, address, items to order. M/E Wagner will send out Paypal invoices (no need to have a Paypal account - cc is fine) once at least 6 people have placed their order.

Group buy ends February 28th.

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/08/21 07:06 PM

Going to email right now , Thanks
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/08/21 08:08 PM

Sent my order request in, thanks for setting this up!
Posted By: mopardude318

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/09/21 03:42 AM

Damn. Did I miss the cut off? Count me in!

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/09/21 07:50 AM

You can still join! Send an email to sales@mewagner.com with your name, address, items to order and the group buy ID (Stefan2021). Once there are 6 valves ordered invoices will be sent out and valves shipped after payment. This is good through February 28th and open for anyone if you mention the group buy ID!
Posted By: torqueflite

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 12:49 AM

Email sent , Thanks also for setting this up .
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 04:32 AM

Sent in my email up
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF

The valve has a fixed orifice "mode."

Originally Posted by metallicareload
Originally Posted by DGS
Thanks

I'm in, what do I do?

10-4, put my order in. Thank you! drive

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 03:03 PM

Heck of a deal , Thanks my friend. Just paid for my PCV and the discount was applied.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 03:28 PM

Is this over?

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 04:03 PM

[quote=justinp61]Is this over? [/quote

No I don't think so. It is going on until Feb 28th . Just get the info on here and send it with the code to the website. Heck of a deal..
Posted By: justinp61

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 05:41 PM

Thanks.

What is the benefit on a radical engine? Out of curiosity how much is the discount?

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 06:57 PM

Discount is 25% - valve is $96.75 after discount with free shipping

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Thanks.

What is the benefit on a radical engine? Out of curiosity how much is the discount?

I have heard by others on here that it works great on a strip street setup. That is why I wanted one. It's adjustable and hopefully it will get rid of the small blow by without gunking up the intake manifold or valves.
Posted By: moparx

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 10:15 PM

my plan is to use my wagner valve with one of those oil "catch cans" like is used for a late model charger or challenger with a 6.1 or 6.4 hemi.
that would surely eliminate all but the worst blow-by you would encounter ? shruggy
any thoughts on my "plan" ?
TIA !
beer
Posted By: rickraw

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/10/21 10:38 PM

I put a upr oil separator on my truck with 5.7 hemi. Made my own bracket. Really don’t need a adjustable pvc valve. This thing works great.

Attached picture 3DC69BBD-FB97-427F-99F5-E1C1A8B9BA1A.jpeg
Attached picture C1F73B54-96EE-4C0D-B26D-8A090951A718.jpeg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/11/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
my plan is to use my wagner valve with one of those oil "catch cans" like is used for a late model charger or challenger with a 6.1 or 6.4 hemi.
that would surely eliminate all but the worst blow-by you would encounter ? shruggy
any thoughts on my "plan" ?
TIA !
beer

I use the Wenger PCV with one of those Fram clear inline fuel filters. It keeps the oil out of the intake and it's cheap and easy shruggy When I see it's time to change it just put a new one in very simple and effective.

Gus beer
Posted By: tubtar

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/11/21 01:18 PM

I'll be calling them today.
Thanks for putting this together.
Posted By: elcajun

Re: M/E Wagner PCV Valve - 02/11/21 06:27 PM

Email sent to MEWagner to place my order. Can't wait to tr it out. I am tired of all of these oil leaks on a newly gasketed engine. Thanks for setting this up.
© 2024 Moparts Forums