Posted By: cesar perez

Hyd roller cam - 02/01/21 09:31 PM

Who makes the largest hyd cam ? What is the lift with 1.5 rockers
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Hyd roller cam - 02/01/21 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by cesar perez
scope up twocents
I would be interested in finding out which company makes the best hydraulic lifter cam lobes and the best set of lifters for us also up
I've got three customers who all want hydraulic roller cams in their new motors, 1 BB N/A, 1 BB blower pump gas street motor and 1 high HP. SB stoker motor, and I don't know which lifters and cams are the best right now confused help
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Hyd roller cam - 02/01/21 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by cesar perez

When I was looking into a hyd roller I think Howards had the "biggest" cam in the catalogs twocents

Gus beer
Posted By: Since1822

Re: Hyd roller cam - 02/01/21 11:28 PM

Chris Straub from Straub Technologies will grind you one. The cam and lifters were upwards of $1600...He suggests running the Morel Hi Rev lifters, but there are other options. That being said, I just pulled the cam and lifters out of the freshly broken in motor to replace them with a solid roller. I'm sure it would have run well, but the negatives outweighed the positives and I didn't want to take the chance since I will be mostly using my car at the track. It is sometimes difficult to get the geometry correct when using them. Depends a lot on what you are going to use it for and how high you are going to rev it. Do your homework before spending the big money on a set and make sure they are really what you want.
Posted By: turbobitt

Re: Hyd roller cam - 02/01/21 11:35 PM

You can run Hyd. rollers on just about any solid profile lobe. Most Hyd. profiles are actually more aggressive anyway. With regards to the Comp lobe master catalog, and depending on how big you want to go you could use the TK, CSZ, DSZ or even the QRI lobe families. I typically look and the lobe aggressiveness and comparing the duration @ .020, 050, and .200 against each other to get a feel for what lobe offers the most area under the curve to work within the overall lift and spring restraints you will have to deal with.

All this is good in theory but the limitations are with the spring you can run with the hydraulic roller lifters. Most of the time you can't run the spring you need to take advantage of the larger lobe profiles. In any case, you are probably going to have to run a short travel lifter.

AG.
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Hyd roller cam - 02/09/21 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by turbobitt
You can run Hyd. rollers on just about any solid profile lobe. Most Hyd. profiles are actually more aggressive anyway. With regards to the Comp lobe master catalog, and depending on how big you want to go you could use the TK, CSZ, DSZ or even the QRI lobe families. I typically look and the lobe aggressiveness and comparing the duration @ .020, 050, and .200 against each other to get a feel for what lobe offers the most area under the curve to work within the overall lift and spring restraints you will have to deal with.

All this is good in theory but the limitations are with the spring you can run with the hydraulic roller lifters. Most of the time you can't run the spring you need to take advantage of the larger lobe profiles. In any case, you are probably going to have to run a short travel lifter.

AG.

Agree on the short travel lifters, who makes them for sb/bb mopars? I have seen them for ls and gen3 hemis. I am doing a small block and am getting ready to make shims for my lifters.
© 2024 Moparts Forums