Moparts

Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP

Posted By: Locomotion

Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP - 01/18/21 05:40 PM

Remembering Larry Henry
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP - 01/18/21 08:01 PM

Had the opportunity to deal with him on a project some years ago. He was a nice man, very helpful and supportive to me and some other drag race guys I know and knew.

Guys like him are just about all gone. One of those behind the scenes guys who made s*** happen.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP - 01/19/21 05:08 PM

RIP. One of the guys who got the ball rolling. Nice write up there by former boss-man, thank you for the post Myron.

Never met Larry as he was based out west during my time in the Tech seat, and I never travelled to any of the events out west
where he would show up. Shep was the only old timer I actually met.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP - 01/19/21 06:33 PM

nice write up on a guy i had forgotten about.
R.I.P. sir. angel
the only DC person i ever met was dick maxwell.
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP - 01/20/21 05:41 AM

LH was a super duper guy ....

He was the one that was instrumental in getting me into supplying DC and then MP with scoops .....

But that eventually fizzed out because Chrysler Corp was AND STILL IS ... famous for being very VERY slow in paying their bills.

Jack Macomick warned me about that ...

RIP LH
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Larry Henry = Direct Connection - RIP - 01/22/21 07:48 PM

I met Larry in the late '70s and he immediately paid attention to my autocross interests. He helped me with some parts and other contacts. I have forever been thankful to him for his pleasant interest and support he gave to me -- he even came out to watch me race at a major SCCA Solo II event and posted some pictures of my car in the DC/MP catalogs.

RIP to Larry.
© 2024 Moparts Forums