Moparts

School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip

Posted By: crash520

School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 02:44 AM

Hi guys, I have a D60 in my e body, it’s a 35 spline 3.74 Strange S-Trac, I’m about to order a second one for my ‘70 Roadrunner but I’m not sure which carrier to choose S-Trac or other. Reason being, currently when I pull up on the street, either foot brake it or just mash it, I only have the left wheel spinning similar to an open centre, I can’t run a spool or Detroit type locker on the street as the cops go nuts on these so I’m left with a clutch or helical gear type carrier. Give my your thoughts please?
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 03:44 AM

I have a Power-Lock in my Savoy and it works very well almost too tight when I'm pushing it by myself twocents

Gus beer
Posted By: AndyF

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 04:18 AM

The S Trac should be the best option. Not sure what is wrong with the one you have now, sounds like it isn't working correctly. Contact Cass at DoctorDiff.com and see what he recommends.
Posted By: challenger17

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 06:29 AM

as Andy just posted. I have a 35 spline s-Trac and 3.73 gears in my Dana 60 and it burns both tires during burnout and the leave. You need to get your diff checked out, there is something definitely wrong. Best setup I ever had in that car.

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 10:41 AM

Thanks Fellas, I speak regularly with Cass, I’ve emailed Strange several times but only one answer which was what date did I buy it and nothing else, I’m sure something is up, I’ll delve into that another day, right now I need to order a diff, Cass strongly recommends the S-Trac as well so all good
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by crash520
Hi guys, I have a D60 in my e body, it’s a 35 spline 3.74 Strange S-Trac, I’m about to order a second one for my ‘70 Roadrunner but I’m not sure which carrier to choose S-Trac or other. Reason being, currently when I pull up on the street, either foot brake it or just mash it, I only have the left wheel spinning similar to an open centre, I can’t run a spool or Detroit type locker on the street as the cops go nuts on these so I’m left with a clutch or helical gear type carrier. Give my your thoughts please?

The cops get mad if you spin two tires, but they’re OK with one??? Am I not understanding this?
Posted By: usp4u

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ

The cops get mad if you spin two tires, but they’re OK with one??? Am I not understanding this?

The cops probably just believe all the old tired comments about running a locker on the street......Like your car will burst into flames and flip over if you go around a turn with a locker. realcrazy
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 04:48 PM

They probably just don't like tires squeeling or chirping turning around corners. If your talking about frying the tires in a straight line drivethen no cop on the planet is going to approve of that whether it is one tire or two. eekrunaway. Been there, done that, got the trophy. whistling
Posted By: Tig

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 06:07 PM

They have "Anti Hooning" laws in Australia, going round a corner squealing the tyres due to a spool or just under power will earn you a ticket.
Shouldn't really have an issue with a detroit locker, it should unlock going round a corner, I don't know mine is there.
Posted By: Willie68coronet

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/24/20 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tig

Shouldn't really have an issue with a detroit locker, it should unlock going round a corner, I don't know mine is there.

I agree, I have a yukon grizzly locker in my 9" and no issues on the street with it

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/25/20 12:56 AM

Yes the Anti Hooning laws suck here, I have been pulled over on the side of the road on a grassy gravel area and been made drive in a tight circle where had I have had a locker etc the inside wheel would have turned/slipped on the surface, guy before me had a locker and the car was pink slipped for unroad worthy FFS
Posted By: Tig

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/25/20 08:02 AM

Yes the Anti Hooning laws suck here, I have been pulled over on the side of the road on a grassy gravel area and been made drive in a tight circle where had I have had a locker etc the inside wheel would have turned/slipped on the surface, guy before me had a locker and the car was pink slipped for unroad worthy FFS

The locker in mine doesn't do that, it pretty much must disengage instantly on any turn, I also barely hear a thing, full lock or other wise. The only time I've heard it disengage, I was pushing it from the rear. I've never heard it from the inside. I don't know if some of the earlier ones were a bit "coarse" in operation but the one I got works perfect.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/26/20 12:45 AM

Too bad they took your guns away,
Posted By: bobby66

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/26/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969

Shooting cops at traffic stops is a proud tradition in some parts of our great nation boogie
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/26/20 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by bobby66
Originally Posted by cudaman1969

Shooting cops at traffic stops is a proud tradition in some parts of our great nation boogie

Mainly by illegals and their importers down
Posted By: moparx

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/26/20 08:04 PM

NO BLASTING AT LEO'S !!! tsk flame their job is hard enough !

i have been a police commissioner since 1985, and am now the senior member.
i am VERY PROUD of our current force, and they are TRULY doing a GREAT job !
i acknowledge there are bad apples, and they are hard to deal with. [i speak from experience, and it was not pretty !]

i apologize to you guys. i went off on a rant. sorry.
please forgive me.
beer
Posted By: CSK

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/26/20 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
NO BLASTING AT LEO'S !!! tsk flame their job is hard enough !

i have been a police commissioner since 1985, and am now the senior member.
i am VERY PROUD of our current force, and they are TRULY doing a GREAT job !
i acknowledge there are bad apples, and they are hard to deal with. [i speak from experience, and it was not pretty !]

i apologize to you guys. i went off on a rant. sorry.
please forgive me.
beer

No apology needed, THANK YOU for what you do !!!!
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/28/20 01:52 AM

[/quote]
Too bad they took your guns away, [/quote]

Yes they did - all the assault/semi auto/auto ones at least.

Still have my shotguns and Winchester big bore .375 lever.......for now.

As do millions here.

Don't believe all the crap you read online.

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/28/20 05:19 PM

I had never heard of hooning so off to google I went. All I can say is wow that sucks.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/crime-and-police/types-of-crime/hooning

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/50000-hoon-car-may-be-crushed/2415218/
Posted By: hemienvy

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/28/20 05:59 PM

So a "Hoonigan" is someone that hoons...........
Cousin to a hooligan..........?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/28/20 08:23 PM

I watched all the Mad Max films and I don't recall any anti-hooning laws being enforced. In fact, I think there was a lot of hooning going on in those movies.
Posted By: moparx

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/29/20 05:31 PM

think most of the roadkill episodes. biggrin
beer
Posted By: John Brown

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/29/20 07:49 PM

Hooning sounds a lot like what went on every day when school let out in the late 50's through most of the 60's.

Maybe even through the 70's.

punkrocka

Re: School me on Dana 60 carrier for street strip - 11/30/20 03:41 AM

.Hooning is the common word we use for any anti-social behaviour conducted in a motor vehicle—a car, van or motorbike—such as speeding, street racing, burnouts and playing loud music from a car stereo.

Hooning includes any number of traffic offences, such as dangerous driving, careless driving, driving without reasonable consideration for other people, driving in a way that makes unnecessary noise or smoke, and racing or conducting speed trials on a public road.

Lol, I checked off all of those except "playing loud music from a car stereo". Now that's anti-social behavior. no
© 2024 Moparts Forums