Moparts

Trans brake reverse .

Posted By: racerx

Trans brake reverse . - 11/14/20 08:06 PM

I got one of those A&A trans brake in a 727 when i had it out last weekend i noticed that when i put it into reverse and hold the button it would go into reverse like it had lots of drag in reverse(almost like it had emergency brakes on) any ideals on this ?.....Thanks wave
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/14/20 10:11 PM

Try neutral and hit the button.

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/16/20 08:38 PM

So what am i suppose to be looking for? engagement? shruggy
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 02:18 AM

Yes, it should engage when you push the button
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 02:51 AM

I think the OP is asking this.... he pushes the button and the car backs up, but there is drag on it while backing up. Think he wants that answered
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 03:18 AM

Am I missing something? Why would he hit the transbrake button with a 727 in reverse???
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Am I missing something? Why would he hit the transbrake button with a 727 in reverse???

He is talking about backing the car up.
I am confident the guy races enough to know how to use a brake. It drags when backing up with it
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 03:38 AM

Call A&A and ask them how the brake is supposed to be used?? My Rossler trans you dont need the brake , you put it in reverse and it backs up. I know some brakes you use the button, but i thought they were with the shifter in R. Best bet... call the manufacturer and ask

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by B3422W5

He is talking about backing the car up.
I am confident the guy races enough to know how to use a brake. It drags when backing up with it

Do that on a powerglide and you will instantly come to an unexpected stop. Ask me how I know. That is unless it’s a “Pro brake” and then you have to push the transbrake button and hold it to back up. I’m sure if you look into and read up on 727’s hitting the button in reverse isn’t the best thing to do.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 05:27 AM

Many of the "Pro" 727 Transbrake require the driver to push the button on the transbrake for the car to back up.....

some allow this to happen while the shifter is in neutral or reverse.....my Tranzact will back up in either neutral or reverse with the button pressed....il

His complaint is ....the trans seem to drag while backing up in reverse.....
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 08:16 AM

To make it back up, the ones I've had needed that like the Powerglides do in my current S/P car shruggy

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by 70AARcuda
Many of the "Pro" 727 Transbrake require the driver to push the button on the transbrake for the car to back up.....

some allow this to happen while the shifter is in neutral or reverse.....my Tranzact will back up in either neutral or reverse with the button pressed....il

His complaint is ....the trans seem to drag while backing up in reverse.....

Well then like many posts on Moparts we have to guess whether he has a pro transbrake or not. My CRT 727 is older and I pushing the transmission brake button to back up was required.

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 03:39 PM

I think the OP is asking this.... he pushes the button and the car backs up, but there is drag on it while backing up. Think he wants that answered

Yes that is it........last year before i put it up for winter everything was fine ,car haven't been out til the lasts part of the season this year and i discover this issue.
Posted By: 70satelliteguy

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 05:11 PM

Maybe the drag backing up is not related to the valve body or transmission? Just an idea? I had a similar issue and it was the ring gear starting to crack!
Mike
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by racerx

Yes that is it........last year before i put it up for winter everything was fine ,car haven't been out til the lasts part of the season this year and i discover this issue.

Can you push the car backwards with no drag when it's not running?

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/17/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
Originally Posted by racerx

Can you push the car backwards with no drag when it's not running?

Haven't tried that yet ,i no it goes forward easy i pushes it though the staging lanes myself. It's back on the trailer in the garage now.....
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/22/20 04:20 AM

Silly thought, you didn't recently wire the line loc to the trans bake to keep the car from rolling as the brake applies?
(don't ask me how I know)

Re: Trans brake reverse . - 11/22/20 09:00 AM

Nope ...the car has been fine for years ,took it out for the first time this years and discovered this problem shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums