Moparts

Data Loggers

Posted By: LA360

Data Loggers - 09/28/20 05:12 AM

A question that has been asked a lot I know, but I am looking at getting a data logger for the car I am building. I was looking initially at a data logging dash, but am really open to anything really. A friend even suggested I look at EFI ECU's

What have you used? My combo is a Dodge R5 in an early Valiant

Thanks in advance
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 02:15 PM

I hope to get one next year and will probably use a Megasquirt ECU.

I can use it for data logging and then in the future add Coil Near Plug ignition. I can also use the ECU to control fans, fuel pumps and anything else I would like.

While my class does not allow fuel injection I could of course add that later if I wanted to.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 02:40 PM

Hard to beat the Holley EFI for both power and ease of use.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 02:59 PM

I agree that with the cost of the data loggers using an ECU to makes sense. Lots of capable options out there.

I went the assemble your own route in 2015 and couldn't be happier for money invested vs features. I had it apart this weekend to add wires for the canbus to work, I never thought I would need it when I built it but now I need it to use a digital readout.

The gauge I wanted to add https://www.diyautotune.com/product...-AIzpuNhyhhDTIelM41oQF8RdDEaAs-LEALw_wcB

Attached picture IMG_4552.jpg
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 04:27 PM

I went the Holley Pro Dash route and that connected to my Holley Sniper Stealth...I like it a lot.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 04:46 PM

I have the Holley HP, and the Holley 7" dash Thank you Mopar_Rich, works AWESOME, Going LEAN on the hit,

Attached picture Screenshot (44).png
Posted By: dart_73_br

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 04:48 PM

Check the number of inputs you need. Buy Fueltech FT450 or FT550.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 04:49 PM

Im old school I guess with those carb thingies and a Racepak
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 06:13 PM

A Holley Sniper is around $1000 and it comes with built in data logging. The Sniper is limited to the number of channels it can data log but it is still more data logging than most people have and the Sniper doesn't cost much more than high quality race carb.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by csk
I have the Holley HP, and the Holley 7" dash Thank you Mopar_Rich, works AWESOME, Going LEAN on the hit,

I also got mine from Rich, going to order one for my other car this winter.

Add some squirter shot!
Posted By: LA360

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 11:28 PM

I am not planning on running EFI, I am old school and will be running a carb (the classes I am looking at running dictate this as well)
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Data Loggers - 09/28/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by csk

Hard to tell from a static screen shot, but to me it looks like you need to put some fuel in the upper map regions at that rpm area.
Remember that when the throttle rate of change exceeds your programming value, wideband feedback is suspended. It will never fill in that region because the correction is off when the throttle is whacked.

Sorry for the sidetrack of the thread.

I also feel that an efi system is a good choice for a data logger.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Data Loggers - 09/29/20 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Originally Posted by csk

Hard to tell from a static screen shot, but to me it looks like you need to put some fuel in the upper map regions at that rpm area.
Remember that when the throttle rate of change exceeds your programming value, wideband feedback is suspended. It will never fill in that region because the correction is off when the throttle is whacked.

Sorry for the sidetrack of the thread.

I also feel that an efi system is a good choice for a data logger.

Thanks, long since been corrected, I posted this screen shot to show the usefulness of data logging smile
Posted By: slantman

Re: Data Loggers - 09/29/20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by LA360
I am not planning on running EFI, I am old school and will be running a carb (the classes I am looking at running dictate this as well)

I’m in the same boat as you, and I’m using a Comptech Datamax logger with the associated digital dash. Works good, easy to install and use, and was reasonably priced too.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Data Loggers - 09/29/20 01:40 PM

IMO the Racepak stuff has been around a long time and can do whatever you want it to do. We have them in both cars and both have dashes. Dragster is a Sportsman with an IQ3 dash and the Stratus is a V300sd with a UDX dash. No complaint with either really
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Data Loggers - 09/29/20 02:13 PM

RACEPAK!
Posted By: Dduster

Re: Data Loggers - 09/29/20 06:55 PM

^^^^ RACEPAK^^^^
© 2024 Moparts Forums