Moparts

Holley Moparty at Bowling Green

Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/30/20 06:25 PM

Has anyone seen a schedule for the drag racing to take place at the Moparty event at Beech Bend Dragway in Bowling Green, Ky. yet? There are schedules for the rest of the program, but when I click on drag race schedule, it just says "coming soon". I have sent the drag race director (Lonnie Grim-anyone know how to get in touch with him?) an email two weeks ago, but no response as of today. Trying to find out if Fri & Sat are time trials and/or qualifying, with eliminations on Sunday only? Do drag racers need to pre enter?
Thanks for any info,
Brian
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 12:01 AM

Brian, Lonnie Grim is on Facebook. Maybe try messaging him there. He checks in once in a while on the Drag Week page.

Jeff
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by '72CudaRacer
Has anyone seen a schedule for the drag racing to take place at the Moparty event at Beech Bend Dragway in Bowling Green, Ky. yet? There are schedules for the rest of the program, but when I click on drag race schedule, it just says "coming soon". I have sent the drag race director (Lonnie Grim-anyone know how to get in touch with him?) an email two weeks ago, but no response as of today. Trying to find out if Fri & Sat are time trials and/or qualifying, with eliminations on Sunday only? Do drag racers need to pre enter?
Thanks for any info,
Brian

I have bugged Lonnie several times over the last several weeks about why no schedule. Talked to him twice on the phone
Still no schedule....... i mentioned people coming from long ways away( like me and some buddies) and it would be nice to know
Keeps saying we are on it.......

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 12:51 AM

I did send him a private message on facebook, which he responded to this evening. He said that he had just gotten back home from taping a show in Calif for almost 3 weeks. Would check emails soon and respond back.
I'm really not sure what kind of event to expect out of this one. I am used to a Mopar show with drag racing, swap meet and car show, this one sounds more like a Super Chevy Show format?

Thanks, Brian
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 09:53 AM

How is the swap meet at this?

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 10:25 AM

How are the Super Chevy Shows run differently than any Mopar Race?

Would like to hear how this event goes. We are planning on going to it in 2022, if everything goes well. next year is our trip to Norwalk, that was supposed to happen this year... We try to make one long event a summer, and like going to different tracks if possible.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1DGEMAN
How is the swap meet at this?

First time this event has been held
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 04:53 PM

Think LS fest..Thats basically what this is. I would like to see a shcedule for the drag racing portion myself as I might be interested in going. But cant wait til last second as I need a hotel since coach is still in vegas

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Think LS fest..Thats basically what this is. I would like to see a shcedule for the drag racing portion myself as I might be interested in going. But cant wait til last second as I need a hotel since coach is still in vegas

I have no clue what LS Fest does...
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 07:26 PM

Drag Racing, Drifing, Burnout Contest, a variety of modern car classes etc. Drag Week 2013 shared tech day with the final day of LS fest so I got to see a little of what it was(yes it was a mess of a day).

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 08:54 PM

When i talked to the guy he told me the schedule would look similar to the LS fest schedule, which is the week before and is posted. already
Noon to 7 checkin on Thursday for tech and move in. gates close at 7 on Thursday
Things start bright an early on Fri with time trials, etc.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 08/31/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
How are the Super Chevy Shows run differently than any Mopar Race?

The Mopar shows that I have attended have had drag racing classes, car shows and swap meets. Some have a decent vendor area set up. The Super Chevy shows are more like a circus, with car crushing monsters, jet cars, celebrities, match races ect.. Kinda sounds like what this is? If we go by the LS fest schedule, we have parking & tech on Thursday, time trials and/or qualifying on Fri & Sat (2 per day) and eliminations on Sunday. With all the "social distancing" going on at this time, it sounds like a lot of sitting around to me. I don't know. Been planning to go, but not real sure now. We shall see...

Brian
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/04/20 04:56 PM

Schedule.

https://www.moparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2020-Holley-Moparty-Participant-Schedule_rev1.pdf
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/04/20 06:12 PM

T/Anks for the post... I'm entered in the Grand Champion segment.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/04/20 11:04 PM

Thanks JP.

Brian

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/05/20 03:43 AM

up
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/05/20 03:19 PM

Finally. I’ll be there racing in True Street.

Dennis

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/10/20 01:58 PM

Seems to be conflicting info, but supposedly you MUST pre enter for this event. Pre entry ends on Sept 11( tomorrow) from info i was given
In case the info above is incorrect, i suggest getting ahold of lonnie grimm, mentioned above, so as not to risk showing up and not getting in, and getting better info.
All of the guys i am going with have preentered.
They are limiting entrants due to covid is what i was told, so by pre entry they can let in just the number they want

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/10/20 03:24 PM

Interesting since the site lists onsite prices along with pre entry prices, $25 more at the gate. If I can round up someone to help I was thinking of making it but so far no luck.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/10/20 03:46 PM

Interesting since the site lists onsite prices along with pre entry prices, $25 more at the gate. If I can round up someone to help I was thinking of making it but so far no luck.

Agree, very confusing.
There is a post under shows on For A body forum that a vendor from i believe Georgia mentioned the pre entry deal. If i could figure out how to copy it to here, i would, lol

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/10/20 04:00 PM

I want to go but new puppy at home so wife cannot tag along. The joys of moving, if it is indeed only pre entry I am out as I would be last minute for sure smile
Posted By: scottb

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/10/20 09:20 PM

I’ll be there if you needs some help al
Posted By: jb500

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 02:53 AM

The site must be having issues or they shut down preregistration early???

I went to register this evening and the site goes in circles when trying to get to a registration screen.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jb500
The site must be having issues or they shut down preregistration early???

I went to register this evening and the site goes in circles when trying to get to a registration screen.

Yep. Sure is.
I had heard the cutoff was 9/11 as i posted earlier. Probably need to contact Lonnie grimm or the track to verify if maybe its just a software glitch, and not that registration is closed
I note that the LS fest this weekend at Bowling green is completely sold out

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 12:10 PM

Already sent to Lonnie and to Holley about this one. Awaiting a reply on the status and process from either or both.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 02:50 PM

Just got off the phone with them.
Pre registration is closed, however you WILL be able to register at the gate...this per FM3 productions, who is putting on the show
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by B3422W5
Just got off the phone with them.
Pre registration is closed, however you WILL be able to register at the gate...this per FM3 productions, who is putting on the show

So are they saying all pre-registration is closed?

Or is it just the Grand Champion part?

I sent them an email a couple days ago asking questions and they've never responded to it.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 10:01 PM

Just registered online for a Test & Tune Entry.

I'm mainly going to support the event, just have fun and see what it will be like.
We've never been to Bowling Green or Beech Bend Raceway Park.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/11/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by jb500
Already sent to Lonnie and to Holley about this one. Awaiting a reply on the status and process from either or both.

I was up in BG today and tried stopping in at the main office. No Go there, but I was able to reach a very helpful fellow through the general tech line. I explained the problem and then he was stuck in the same circle of repeating windows when trying it online as well. He sent a notice over to their IT team to correct the problem and it must have been the ticket as I was able to preregister this afternoon without issue.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/14/20 01:49 PM

A week or so ago I sent an e mail inquiring about a one day test and tune pass as everything on their site was for three days. This AM I got their reply, no single day t&t passes. I'll go up Saturday AM and watch.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/16/20 12:33 AM

[b][/b]

You can register at the gate. And guys like Al who always make excuses for not attending stuff would have plenty of help. A buddy of mine already offered help earlier in the thread.
The company putting it on said 200 entries pre registered, and expecting 200 more at the gate

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/16/20 03:06 PM

[b][/b]

You can register at the gate. And guys like Al who always make excuses for not attending stuff would have plenty of help. A buddy of mine already offered help earlier in the thread.
The company putting it on said 200 entries pre registered, and expecting 200 more at the gate

Thats me Mr Excuse smile

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/16/20 03:08 PM

[b][/b]

Thats me Mr Excuse smile

Lol
You coming?

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/16/20 03:35 PM

Lol
You coming?

Im trying to get my ducks lined up...

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/16/20 03:59 PM

Lol
You coming?

Cool!
Weather looks sensational

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/16/20 04:27 PM

Lol
You coming?

Get'em in a row and come. I plan on being there early Saturday and will help you if needed.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/22/20 12:05 AM

Not a bad weekend at all and even got a little bonus!

Attached picture IMG_0815.JPG

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/22/20 04:03 PM

Hey I am ready...A little late though. Sounds like I missed a good weekend for sure. I had not looked at my car since March. Warmed it up Wednesday and found a little issue that I couls not get done in time.
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/22/20 06:35 PM

The overall event was awesome... Autocross events were the best and largest crowd pleaser!!!

Next year's event already planned for same weekend....expecting double or more participants for all events.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/22/20 09:13 PM

Great weekend. Fab weekend, weather wise.
Track was marginal early Friday, but they did a good job getting it right later.
Car counts in drag classes were low. Doubt there was even 50 cars in pro, less in others. Testing/ qualifying, racing were done by mid afternoon all three days.
I got 8 hits combined in the two classes i raced both Fri and Saturday( so 16 total), and another time trial in pro before elims on Sunday. The Rumble and Street king races were cool.
Nice turnout of NSS cars.
Only 4 heads up cars, with 2500 dollar winner purse. Was hoping to see more.
It was very organized overall regards info, swap meet, vendors, food choices, etc.
They had a tendency to hurry the race program along, which i didn't understand with the relative paucity of entrants. I was pretty much hot lapping running Pro and Rumble, which were only separated by the relatively few guys in Street king class Between the two.
Will definately return next year.
They did run a box, no box gamblers on Friday afternoon, which i am tickled to report my buddy, who i was pitted with(340Rick) won in no box. Holley stepped up and offered a 1000 dollars runoff extra, over and above, for the box vs no box king of the hill. rick won that in a tight double breakout over a buddy of Justinp61 from the board here’s buddy.
All in all, for a first time event, 2 thumbs up

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/23/20 12:27 AM

Don, it was great meeting and hanging out with y'all, I had a great time. Thanks. up

I was only there Saturday to spectate and from what I saw the event ran pretty smooth and expect next year will be bigger and better. I was kind of surprised that Mopar, Indy Cylinder Head and A&A weren't there in the midway. The folks that bought Indy were there with their apparel line though. Why not set up for Indy Cylinder Head? Also I think a Quick 8 class would be a good addition.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/23/20 03:12 AM

I had a good time there. Went to tace hemi outlaw heads up, but a difference of opinion about tires forced me into super pro. Took my back half 68 cuda, so I slowed it down to 4.8s and still had fun even going out in 2nd round. Went there to run 4.5 in the hemi class on a 10.5. Thought I'd have a shot at a win, but my car was one of 2 older non new challenger cars that got the no.

End of the day, if go again.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/23/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by dthemi
I had a good time there. Went to tace hemi outlaw heads up, but a difference of opinion about tires forced me into super pro. Took my back half 68 cuda, so I slowed it down to 4.8s and still had fun even going out in 2nd round. Went there to run 4.5 in the hemi class on a 10.5. Thought I'd have a shot at a win, but my car was one of 2 older non new challenger cars that got the no.

is the 68 white?
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/23/20 03:51 PM

I'm adding this to my calendar next year. I've always wanted to go to Bowling Green.

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/23/20 05:17 PM

We had a great time at the Holley MoParty! drive

I made about 6 or 7 passes over the course of Friday and Saturday.
I'm not used to a Pro-Tree at all so my reaction times sucked.

The weather and the air was great, my best time was a 13.23 at 106 mph.

I was happy with that being on street tires,
I've gotten a 12.95 at 106 mph before on some well worn drag radials.

Not bad for a big heavy 300 SRT that mostly stock.

I think that Beech Bend Raceway is an awesome facility.
The people running it were doing a great job.

We were pitted back a ways on Friday and Saturday, they had a guy on a cart going around letting you know that your class was called to the lanes.
Since it was hard to hear the announcer over the PA (pitted along the return road so constant race car traffic), that was a great help.

One of out buddies Dan Smith aka Qwkmopardan on here made it to the Runner Up (Finals) in both Pro and Super Pro.

Of course there were some burnouts at the hotels.

Here's a pic from where we were pitted Friday, I sold a few parts and Kayse (wife) sold the custom pillows, bandanas and small quilts she makes.

We were pitted next to a buddy (James) with his 66 Coronet.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Of course they ran out of larger size event shirts by Saturday morning, but you can order them online and still get the show pricing of $10 each with Free Shipping if you use the promo code MOPARTY20.
As we were leaving we stopped at the T-Shirt tent so Kayse could take a picture of the sign with the promo code and a worker was taking it down and he literally gave Kayse the sign. laugh2
[Linked Image]

I took a bunch of videos of racing Sunday.
I've started uploading the videos from the Holley MoParty to Youtube.

I'll keep adding them, it will take a little while to upload all of them.

I've got the Wing Car parade and the General Lee jump up there now.

They're just smart phone videos so they're nothing professional. laugh2

Link to my youtube channel. Holly MoParty 2020

The word was that they'll be doing it again next year, it'll now be on our list of events we go to every year.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Holley Moparty at Bowling Green - 09/25/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Originally Posted by dthemi

is the 68 white?

Yeah, it's white with tons of stickers covering scratches, and dents lol.
Getting painted this winter. The chassis has only been used for a year, but the body looks like it wore 2 chassis's out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums