Moparts

Trans brake guys

Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Trans brake guys - 08/01/20 10:48 PM

Getting ready to rewire my dads car. Do you guys give yourself the ability to use the line lock with the transbrake on as well?? It was mentioned to me that it works well. I’m just not sure if it’s necessary?

Thanks.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/01/20 11:29 PM

No, the brake locks you down without any need for the line lock. my linelock turns off the rear brakes so it's not going to do anything anyway
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by 68 HEMI GTS
Getting ready to rewire my dads car. Do you guys give yourself the ability to use the line lock with the transbrake on as well?? It was mentioned to me that it works well. I’m just not sure if it’s necessary?

Thanks.

I would. All vehicles have various drivetrain backlash. According, all transbrakes don’t apply hydraulically, equally. Wire the provision, and track test.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by 68 HEMI GTS
Do you guys give yourself the ability to use the line lock with the transbrake on as well??

No, no and NO.

If you need to use the line loc, fix the transmission. If it creeps, fix the transmission. If it's slow to lock up, bring the RPM up when staging or buy a better brake. If it rocks on the brake, use the foot brake to stop the car instead of the transbrake.

Line locs are for burnouts unless the car has 3 pedals.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 03:17 AM

https://www.classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=34435

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 04:39 AM

That conversation addressed transbrake wiring and it brings up another point. Rules state that brakes need to be a function of the driver, no electronics,hydraulics, pneumatics, etc. If you use a delay box, the line-loc can not be delayed along with the transbrake. It must release with the driver taking their thumb off the switch.
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 02:01 PM

Great info guys, thanks!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 05:08 PM

do a google search.....a lot written on how to wire it

Rules says.......Never once ever had a tech inspector look at the wiring of the delay box...transbrake or line lock....

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 70AARcuda
do a google search.....a lot written on how to wire it

Rules says.......Never once ever had a tech inspector look at the wiring of the delay box...transbrake or line lock....

I still don't understand why a line loc would need to be used with a transbrake unless the transmission needed to be fixed. Why would you want a brake dragging after investing in a transbrake that releases in a few thousandths of a second and smacks the tire consistantly?

Most of my racing was at places that looked at your car, back when they cared. Not every thing every week, but they would look at random stuff pretty closely sometimes. And I've been spot checked on the return road for odds and ends. And if you got caught with something bogus, you'd likely get the rest of the year off.

Funny thing is, when you do stuff the way it's supposed to be done, whether it's going to be looked at or whether it's in the rulebook, or not, it usually works out better. All I can do is tell you what's right. It's up to you what you do with it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/02/20 06:53 PM

Do you really trust Google on car stuff? shruggy
I don't down
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/03/20 06:31 PM

should be wired independently, most trans brakes have to be engaged to back-up
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Trans brake guys - 08/04/20 08:12 PM

On mine I wired up the trans and the line lock separate from each other.. I used the line lock
just for the burn out the trans brake didnt need to be on for reverse which was nice.. just
shift the trans into reverse and done.. was a old TA brake
wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums