Moparts

Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls

Posted By: SportF

Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/07/20 01:45 PM

August 22-23. At Cedarfalls Raceway at the Mopar Max event I am looking to put a NSS race together with 8 or more cars. NMCA rules. This is a chance to race the Max Mopar classes along with a separate NSS race. This may be 2 NSS races, Saturday and Sunday.

We are getting this offer from Rick Kruger who is putting on the event, and its another chance to foot brake our way to fame. If you think you can attend would you drop me a note or post here so we can get a feel for the race.

Tom carsplymouth@hotmail.com Thanks
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/07/20 04:10 PM

Tom...Did he mention payouts? I talked to him a few weeks ago at a cruise. It should be a pretty big event this year. Are they running 1/8 mile or quarter? wave

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/07/20 05:08 PM

Details are yet to be worked out. Entry fee, purse to be discussed. The number of cars really will make a difference. 1/4 is my choice.

I think its neat that if we can get enough cars here we can race in two or more classes, and have some serious fun with like minded racers. .

Heck, if I am already there and racing in another class, I'd race for bottle caps (and bragging rights, I already have a lot of bottle caps).

Surely there will be enough NSS type cars that can make this, I would think we could field a number of racers from the area to come on out and foot brake with us.

If you have a question about your car and if its legal go here: https://www.nmcadigital.com/dl/rules/nss.pdf

And, if that doesn't do it, or you think you may be close, get a hold of me and we'll take a look at it.

To me the most important would be, tire size, 10.5W largest, no electronic delay boxes IN THE CAR, manual shifting (no air shifters), no two steps (unless a stick) and all footbrake.

Come on out, lets have some fun.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/07/20 05:23 PM

Just had mine running...But my car is a transbrake car...
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/07/20 05:51 PM

just don't use the transbrake , everyone will know if you use it anyway.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/07/20 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Just had mine running...But my car is a transbrake car...

Disconnect it.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 12:04 AM

Simple enough to disconnect the tranny brake wire but I run an 1150 Dominator on a Indy 440-3 intake... whiney
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 02:27 AM

sorry Dominator won't work , 4150 carb type only, you going to be around the 17th would like to say hi again.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 10:36 AM

Going to the Night of Fire Tom?

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 12:00 PM

Yep! Victory Nostalgia Super Stock gang is racing that night! Can't miss that. And the whole event is quite a show anyway.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 12:48 PM

We will try to be there Russ! It all depends on the Woo-Hoo flu situation. wave

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by SportF
Yep! Victory Nostalgia Super Stock gang is racing that night! Can't miss that. And the whole event is quite a show anyway.

Cool. I'm meeting up with Steve, and heading down Friday morning. At least that is the plan anyways. See you there.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 07:36 PM

Not bringing your car Jeff? wave

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 08:48 PM

Tom...Just got off the phone with Rick..Sounds like a guaranteed payout of 5 grand Saturday and Sunday. The winners of Pro and Super Pro will do a run off. He is also looking for an adapter and a 4150 style carb for my car that I could borrow. Races will be 1/4 mile! wave

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Not bringing your car Jeff? wave

As of right now I’m planning on bringing it, and running with the Ozark Mountain Super Shifters.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/08/20 10:33 PM

Great! Looking forward to seeing everyone again! wave
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/21/20 04:37 PM

How was the event? I kept checking for a stream. Nada.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/21/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leigh
How was the event? I kept checking for a stream. Nada.

It was a lot of fun. Hot, and humid. Highest DA we saw was around 4300ft. Not sure on numbers, but there were around 30 NSS cars? Things went fairly quickly, so NSS also ran a gamblers race, which Tom was in the Final. I was having transmission issues, but figured out the problem, and have it fixed now. I also had a rocker arm back off, and it kicked out the lifter and pushrod. No damage, other than the pushrod was rubbing the inside of the valve cover, so I thought it best to just spectate, bring the car home, drain the oil, pull the pan, and make sure no debris is in it. I have new T&D rockers on order.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/21/20 05:05 PM

Shoot, sorry to hear that you had some problems. Saturday was like good old West Central Illinois corn growing weather. 93 with almost 80 degree dew point. Sounds like you had a good time, that’s all that matters.

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/30/20 09:40 PM

How ya been Leigh? wave I thought I would give this thread a bump. I sent my belts in today to RJS for a re-certification. They were dated June 30th of 2020.. whiney I never had a pass on them. I have a few minor things to do and my car should be ready. I hope to make at least one day of the event. Later on guys!

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/30/20 09:59 PM

Look forward to seeing you there!

Re: Mopar Max NSS race Cedarfalls - 07/30/20 10:22 PM

Hey Tom! I will start a thread when we get within two weeks of the show. It should be a big turn out. work
© 2024 Moparts Forums